too many people using the hotel for work breaks and stopovers so alarms going at 6.00am and showers going doors banging etc and I think the hotel should segregate easy break customer from the above people to allow them a quieter start the morning also poor insulation which meant listening to the television next door late at night an early morning I would not use this hotel again which is a pity as it has a excellent location...
Why stay at Hallmark Hotel Carlisle?
One of the few four star hotels in Carlisle, the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is a contemporary boutique hotel mixing modern style, charming period features charm and luxury service.
The hotel enjoys a superb location on the historic Court Square, which is in the heart of central Carlisle. The city centre has a vibrant nightlife, with a variety of bars, restaurants and clubs all a short stroll away from the hotel – making it an ideal base for nights out, romantic weekends and social gatherings.
If you’re looking for a shopping break, there are a variety of high street shops and a large shopping mall nearby. If you’d like to soak up some local history, Carlisle Castle and Carlisle Cathedral are both just a few minutes’ walk away, while Hadrian’s Wall is around half an hour away. And if you’re ready for outdoor activities, the Lake District is within easy reach.
At the end of a busy day, the hotel’s brasserie and wine bar offer contemporary yet relaxing surroundings for a meal or drink. Whether on a city break, a sightseeing holiday or a romantic weekend break, this is one of the best hotels in Carlisle for your stay.
Discover the best hotel deals at the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle >
Where is The Hallmark Hotel Carlisle?
The hotel is situated on the historic Court Square, next door to the city’s railway station. For anyone arriving by car, the hotel is just a few minutes’ drive from the M6 (junction 43) – simply follow signs to the city centre, then to the railway station. The hotel has free parking for 26 cars – and there is alternative parking in the station car park located at the rear of the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Carlisle?
• Hadrian’s Wall – Built by the Romans to keep out the Scots, the remains of the wall still stretch for 73 miles across the north of England.
• Gretna Green – Made famous by young couples eloping, Gretna Green is just over the border in Scotland.
• Carlisle Castle – The castle has stood over Carlisle for more than 900 years and with a series of renovations and improvements throughout its history, it stands today as a spectacular visitors’ attraction.
• Carlisle Racecourse – With a mixture of National Hunt and Flat races, there are meetings all year round.
• Shopping – Carlisle is Cumbria’s leading shopping spot, with the Lanes Shopping Centre, plus a variety of high-street stores.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Residents can use the local DW Sports Fitness Club with an exclusive £10 deal. Just a ten-minute walk away, the club has a 20m swimming pool, air conditioned gym with cardio and resistance equipment, free-weights area and large group exercise studio, with a variety of free classes, as well as an exclusive members’ lounge and bar.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Brasserie Restaurant offers relaxed dining in an informal atmosphere, with plenty of fresh, local ingredients on the menu for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. At the bar, you’ll find a wide selection of beers and spirits, while the wine cellar is constantly evolving to ensure that the right wine is always available to complement your meal.
Features at a glance
• 70 well-appointed rooms
• Fantastic central location
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
• Free car parking spaces – limited
• Large plasma TV with Freeview in every room
• Tea & Coffee making facilities
• Full room service menu
• Relaxed Brasserie open for lunch and dinner
• Comfortable lounge bar
• Next door to Carlisle railway station
• Access to local gym, swimming pool & spa (discounted rate)
What else do I need to know?
• Check-in from 2pm, Check-out by11am. (The hotel may charge guests for late checkouts.)
• While service dogs are welcome, the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is unable to accept pets.
“The Hallmark is a favourite for easy-breakers in Carlisle. In fact, we’d say it was the number one hotel in the city. It’s really central if you’re visiting to see the sights or do some shopping, but it’s also next door to the train station and it has its own parking (though limited) if you're heading on after your stay.”
We had a fantastic weekend at the Hallmark Hotel, the food was delicious, the staff could not have been nicer and the hotel could not have been more central. Yes on the saturday night we could hear music from the local bars but this did not have a negative impact on our break. Great value all round!...
MY WIFE AND I STAYED AT YOUR HOTEL ,AND WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME ,SORRY BUT ICOULD NOT FIND ANY FAULTS, WITH THE HOTEL AND SERVICE FROM THE FIRST GOING TO THE RECEPTION AND FINDING OUR ROOM ,AND COMING DOWN FOR OUR MEALS ,AND THEY WHERE SUPERB ,DIFFERENT MENU AND WELL COOKED AND PRESENTED ,VERY HOMELY ,I HAVE STAYED IN LOTS OF HOTELS IN MY LIFE TIME , BUT THE STAFF REALLY MADE OUR HOLIDAY THE RAILWAY STATION WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOTEL,WE TOOK THE TRAIN FOR THE TWO DAYS, WE WHERE THEIR , IT RAI......
Initial findings the hotel in good location for town;;nice entrance and reception area and seating plenty of space;;The bed room we had was one of the newly refurbished rooms -very good; now down to the nitty gritty bits--"Some staff ok-especialy the receptionists--others could be a bit offhanded;; FOOD -Breakfasts- TOP CLASS-everything you wanted and plenty off it --DINNER--NOT GOOD AT ALL--NOT MUCH OF A CHOICE on starters-main courses-desserts;;Friday Eve meal;;badly done--Sat eve ordered Cumb......