A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
One of the few four star hotels in Carlisle, the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle is a contemporary boutique hotel mixing modern style, charming period features charm and luxury service.
The hotel enjoys a superb location on the historic Court Square, which is in the heart of central Carlisle. The city centre has a vibrant nightlife, with a variety of bars, restaurants and clubs all a short stroll away from the hotel – making it an ideal base for nights out, romantic weekends and social gatherings.
If you’re looking for a shopping break, there are a variety of high street shops and a large shopping mall nearby. If you’d like to soak up some local history, Carlisle Castle and Carlisle Cathedral are both just a few minutes’ walk away, while Hadrian’s Wall is around half an hour away. And if you’re ready for outdoor activities, the Lake District is within easy reach.
At the end of a busy day, the hotel’s brasserie and wine bar offer contemporary yet relaxing surroundings for a meal or drink. Whether on a city break, a sightseeing holiday or a romantic weekend break, this is one of the best hotels in Carlisle for your stay.
Discover the best hotel deals at the Hallmark Hotel Carlisle >
Where is The Hallmark Hotel Carlisle?
The hotel is situated on the historic Court Square, next door to the city’s railway station. For anyone arriving by car, the hotel is just a few minutes’ drive from the M6 (junction 43) – simply follow signs to the city centre, then to the railway station. The hotel has free parking for 26 cars – and there is alternative parking in the station car park located at the rear of the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Carlisle?
• Hadrian’s Wall – Built by the Romans to keep out the Scots, the remains of the wall still stretch for 73 miles across the north of England.
• Gretna Green – Made famous by young couples eloping, Gretna Green is just over the border in Scotland.
• Carlisle Castle – The castle has stood over Carlisle for more than 900 years and with a series of renovations and improvements throughout its history, it stands today as a spectacular visitors’ attraction.
• Carlisle Racecourse – With a mixture of National Hunt and Flat races, there are meetings all year round.
• Shopping – Carlisle is Cumbria’s leading shopping spot, with the Lanes Shopping Centre, plus a variety of high-street stores.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Residents can use the local DW Sports Fitness Club with an exclusive £10 deal. Just a ten-minute walk away, the club has a 20m swimming pool, air conditioned gym with cardio and resistance equipment, free-weights area and large group exercise studio, with a variety of free classes, as well as an exclusive members’ lounge and bar.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Brasserie Restaurant offers relaxed dining in an informal atmosphere, with plenty of fresh, local ingredients on the menu for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. At the bar, you’ll find a wide selection of beers and spirits, while the wine cellar is constantly evolving to ensure that the right wine is always available to complement your meal.
Features at a glance
• 70 well-appointed rooms
• Fantastic central location
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
• Free car parking spaces – limited
• Large plasma TV with Freeview in every room
• Tea & Coffee making facilities
• Full room service menu
• Relaxed Brasserie open for lunch and dinner
• Comfortable lounge bar
• Next door to Carlisle railway station
• Access to local gym, swimming pool & spa (discounted rate)
What else do I need to know?
• Check-in from 2pm, Check-out by11am. (The hotel may charge guests for late checkouts.)
• Dog Friendly hotel £15 per dog per night. Maximum 2 Dogs
“The Hallmark is a favourite for easy-breakers in Carlisle. In fact, we’d say it was the number one hotel in the city. It’s really central if you’re visiting to see the sights or do some shopping, but it’s also next door to the train station and it has its own parking (though limited) if you're heading on after your stay.”