Sunday Night Deal
January and February Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A glass of wine with dinner on the first evening
Activity Break - Sightseeing Lakes
A mini cruise on Lake Windermere or a ticket for a Steam Train Journey on Haverthwaite Railway
Includes an Easter egg and entertainment
Nestled in 20 acres of private gardens and woodland, the Cumbria Grand Hotel offers a charming, tranquil place to stay in the Lake District. Located nearby the stunning Lake Windermere and mere minutes from the Lake District National Park, guests will be spoilt for choice when it comes to inspiring views and idyllic afternoon strolls.
Head along to the nearby Grange-over-Sands Golf Club and try your hand at a challenging parkland 18-hole golf course, perfectly positioned between the sea of Morecambe Bay and the mountains of the Lake District. Warm up beforehand on the hotel's own putting green, play a few matches on the tennis courts or pop inside for some friendly competition at the snooker table, table tennis area and dart-board.
To find fun a little further afield, take a trip to the Cartmel Racetrack to soak up a little excitement, pay a visit to the Lake Steam Railway or check out Cumbria Village. For a relaxing day on the water, be sure to book a cruise on Lake Windermere – the perfect way to soak up some of the spectacular local scenery and one of the most relaxing forms of sightseeing around! Other excellent day trip options include a visit to Muncaster Castle and Gardens and a wander round the gorgeous gardens and grand, Stately home of Holker Hall.
After your adventures, take a seat at the Hazelwood Restaurant where you'll find both a lovely view and an extensive menu waiting for you. Enjoy local treats, such as a succulent selection from the carvery table, accompanied by an international selection of wines. Stop in the Jacobean Lounge Bar for a quick, convivial nightcap before heading to your well-appointed room and enjoying good night's sleep.
Where is the Cumbria Grand Hotel?
Lindale Rd, Grange-over-Sands, LA116EN
From London, take the M1 to J19 and the M6. At J36 turn onto the A590 the A591. From Glasgow it's the same, but starting on the M74 the M6 to J36 and Edinburgh likewise, starting on the A702 and M74. The nearest airport is Manchester but you'll also find easy connections from Leeds/Bradford and if you're travelling by train, you'll find services from London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
What’s worth visiting in the Lake District?
- Muncaster Castle and Gardens – Discover the secrets of this historic haunted castle, relax in the Himalayan Gardens, be thrilled at the Hawk & Owl Centre and try not to get lost in the MeadowVole Maze.
- Take a Cruise on Lake Windermere– Enjoy spectacular views and a truly memorable sightseeing trip with a short cruise on England's largest lake.
- Lake District National Park – When staying in the hotel, you'll be ideally placed to explore this natural wonder – which is right on your doorstep and full of gorgeous sights, sounds and smells.
- Lake District Summer Music: August – An annual, international festival celebrating music of all styles – come along ready to tap your toes.
- Lakes International Comics Art Festival: October – Meet artists, writers, colourists and letterers at this festival celebrating, comics, graphic novels and illustrated art.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Stay active and stretch your legs during your stay with the hotel's own outdoor tennis court and putting green. There's also a children's play area, perfect if you're bringing the family along for a visit and woodland walk. Indoors, you'll also find a full sized snooker table, table tennis and dartboard.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Look forward to taking your seat in the stately Hazelwood Restaurant and admiring the view across the Bay and golf course. Expect local delights, carefully sourced ingredients and tempting fare at the carvery table. Your meal will also be perfectly accompanied by a fine selection of wines from around the globe.
Offering a brilliant blend of old and new, there's also the charming Jacobean Lounge and Bar - an ideal to enjoy the view and tuck into a delicious meal. A spacious yet cosy place for an afternoon coffee, light lunch or even a convivial nightcap.
Breakfast: 07.30 – 09.30 (Mon – Sat), 08:00 – 10:00 (Sunday)
Lunch/bar menu: 12:00 – 21:00
Dinner: 18.30 – 20.30
Features at a glance
- 124 beautiful bedrooms
- Only six miles from Lake Windermere
- Set in 20 acres of private gardens and woodlands
- Tasty bar menu packed with treats
- Jacobean Lounge
- Pets are welcome, £10 per dog per night
- 24 hour room service
- Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas
- On site car parking available
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00.
- The hotel offers rooms with facilities to suit disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- This is a pet friendly hotel, contact us for more details.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Thanks to the Cumbria Grand Hotel's exceptional location within 20 acres of lovely gardens and woodland, it’s the perfect place for peaceful stays in Scotland. Plan a romantic weekend in the Lake District featuring fine dining at the hotel restaurant, walks in the woods and a cruise on Lake Windermere. The hotel is also a great choice for anyone planning on exploring the beauty of the local area and with easy access to all of the most popular tourist attractions, holidaymakers are sure to leave feeling enriched and revitalised.”