Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Sunday Night Hotel Deal
Breakfast & Dinner
The Lake District has long been one of the most popular holiday destinations in Britain, with Windermere the jewel in its crown. So in the 19th century, when a wealthy family wanted to build a holiday retreat, it’s little surprise they chose a picturesque setting near the town. Today, that retreat is the Windermere Manor Hotel: a charming Victorian hotel perfect for walking holidays, outdoor breaks and relaxing weekend getaways.
The building has all the hallmarks of its age, with oak panelling, an original stained glass window above the main staircase and detailed cornicing throughout the main building. Three acres of landscaped gardens surrounding the hotel provide a pleasant setting for a quiet stroll, while many of the rooms in the adjacent annex building – called Bradbury House – feature patio doors so you can step right out into the grounds.
Windermere Manor Hotel is a member of Vision Hotels Group, a non-profit organisation that is part of the charity Action for Blind People. As such, the hotel has created an inclusive environment for visually impaired guests and their guide dogs.
For those visiting the area to get onto the water, Lake Windermere is just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. As such, it offers a convenient base whether you’re looking for water sports breaks, fishing holidays or simply somewhere to enjoy the view. Windermere town centre is also within walking distance, while Bowness-on-Windermere is a short hop from the hotel – and offers a wealth of shops, cafes and visitor attractions, including the family-friendly World Beatrix Potter, steamboat museum and boat hire facilities.
Whether you spend your days exploring the region’s towns and villages, sailing on the water or climbing up the stunning fells, the hotel offers the ideal environment to unwind and enjoy the best of the Lake District. You can take a dip in the ample indoor pool, savour dishes crafted from local ingredients in the restaurant or simply sit back with a drink in the comfortable bar lounge. Whatever break you’re looking for, the Windermere Manor Hotel provides the perfect balance of refined elegance and homely comfort – matched only by an excellent location.
Where is the Windermere Manor Hotel?
Rayrigg Road, Windermere, Cumbria, UK, LA23 1JF
The hotel is situated just off the A591, less than a mile north west of Windermere town centre. As such, the railway station is a short taxi ride or around a 15-minute walk. The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford, though Manchester and Liverpool Airports are both as easily accessible.
What’s worth visiting in Windermere?
- Go for a walk – The Lake District is not just famous for its lakes, but also its fells – a huge variety of peaks that provide the stunning backdrop for countless paths and trails, ensuring that the district is one of the best destinations for walking breaks in the UK.
- Steaming – Lake Windermere is home to a variety of steamers, ferries and boat tours, not only providing a good way to see the lake, but also offering a novel way to get around.
- The World of Beatrix Potter – A family-friendly attraction in Bowness-on-Windermere, here you can explore the world of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck and Squirrel Nutkin.
- Wordsworth Museum – Based in nearby Grasmere, this museum offers a glimpse into the life and times of the poet synonymous with the romantic age of English culture.
- Lake District Summer Music Festival: August – With a wide variety of musical styles, from jazz to classical, this two-week festival features some of the country’s most talented musicians at performances across the Lake District.
- Hawkshead Agricultural Show: August – This traditional show offers farmers and producers from the local area the chance to showcase the very best the area has to offer, with competitions for livestock and horticulture, together with a wide variety of stalls selling Cumbrian produce.
What is there to do at the hotel?
For those that like to start the day with a dip, you don’t need to dive into the lake – as the hotel features a good-sized indoor pool, with large windows looking out onto the gardens. Once you’ve swum a few lengths of the pool, you can take to the hotel’s sauna to relax your muscles.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The restaurant at the Windermere Manor Hotel offers two dining areas, both of which are elegant, yet relaxed. The dining room, which was once the building’s chapel, has a refined feel with oak panelled walls and an ornate copper fireplace, while the conservatory area provides an airy dining space full of natural light. The menu on offer makes the most of seasonal, local produce to offer a taste of traditional British cuisine.
The bar and lounge area are comfortable and informal, with comfortable couches and classic décor providing an ideal environment for light bar meals, drinks with friends or the perfect afternoon tea. During the warmer months, picnic benches in the garden offer a pleasant setting to enjoy a drink in the sunshine.
Breakfast: 8am – 10am
Lunch (bar menu): 12noon – 2pm
Dinner: 6pm – 9pm
Features at a glance
- Well appointed hotel in the Lake District
- Original Victorian features
- Three acres of grounds
- Ideally located for walking holidays and sailing breaks
- Dog-friendly hotel
- 35 well appointed bedrooms
- Garden rooms available
- Large heated pool
- Restaurant with elegant dining area
- Comfortable lounge bar
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 4pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel offers rooms with access for disabled guests – please contact us to check details and availability.
- For family rooms, please get in touch with our booking team.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel – pet dogs are charged at £5 per night.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Windermere is perhaps the ultimate Lake District destination. The town itself is founded upon tourism, offering a wealth of amenities and attractions, while the Lake is one of the largest and most impressive in the country. The Windermere Manor Hotel provides an ideal setting for seeing it all, just a short walk from the water’s edge and not far from the town centre – making it an ideal base for sightseeing breaks, walking holidays and active outdoor breaks in the Lake District.”
The hotel reviews contained within this site are solely the opinions of easy-breaks.com customers and do not reflect opinions or positions of easy-breaks.com.View all 55 customer reviews...