A glass of wine with dinner
Afternoon Tea Break
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
One x 30 minute spa treatment
Blackwell Grange Hotel, located in the County Durham countryside is a historic hotel with plenty of modern amenities. Set in a traditional red brick 17th century building, the formally private estate now houses 109 individually decorated ensuite bedrooms, a leisure club and a health and beauty salon.
Just outside Darlington, the hotel offers a country retreat yet is ideally located between the cities of York and Newcastle for those wanting to see what the Northern English cities have to offer. Being located 10 minutes from the A1 (M) and less than 10 minutes from Darlington Railway Station on the East Coast mainline, the hotel has excellent transport links.
The hotel’s on-site leisure club has a heated swimming pool, spa, solarium, sauna and gym and there is also a health and beauty salon for those in need of a little pampering. For golfers, the hotel has two courses nearby - Blackwell Grange and Stressholme Course.
Guests can dine in the hotel’s bright and airy Havelock Restaurant that serves up tasty, posh pub style dishes alongside a carefully selected wine list. The hotel also has a bar serving afternoon tea, cocktails and more.
Where is Blackwell Grange Hotel?
Darlington, County Durham, DL3 8QH
From Darlington, head west on Coniscliffe Road and turn left onto West Street. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Grange Road/A167 and then turn right. Blackwell Grange is on the on the left hand side.
What’s worth visiting in Darlington, Durham & Teesside?
- Durham –The beautiful city of Durham’s winding cobbled streets, impressive Norman Cathedral and huge castle are definitely worth seeing. Its prestigious university and large student population mean it is always buzzing with plenty of cafes, shops and galleries to visit.
- Beamish Museum – Hop aboard a ramshackle tram and journey back to the Industrial Revolution in this open air, living museum. The buildings you will see are not replicas, but have been brought from around the region and rebuilt, giving visitors a sense of what life in the early 1900s was like.
- Preston Park Museum & Grounds – Offering a fascinating glimpse into the area’s local history, Preston Park Museum & Grounds houses various galleries and museums in its grand Georgian building. Guests can also meander around the park’s grounds and pop into its nature reserve.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Within the hotel, guests can take a dip in the Leisure Centre’s indoor pool or relax in its sauna. There is also a well-equipped gym and a solarium and a beauty salon offering treatments, holistic therapies and haircuts.
In good weather, guests can relax with a chilled drink in the hotel’s grounds and play a game with its life-sized chess set, or visit one of the nearby golf courses.
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
Guests can dine in the Havelock Restaurant, from an à la carte menu that serves a variety of dishes or visit Captain Cooks bar that serves lighter meals and snacks in a more informal environment. The hotel also offers traditional afternoon tea and a variety of delicious cocktails.
Breakfast: 07:00 – 09:30 (Mon-Fri) 08:00 – 10:00 (Sat-Sun)
Lunch: 12:00 – 14:00 (Mon-Sat) 12:30 – 15:00 (Sun)
Dinner: 18:30 – 21:00 (Mon-Fri) 18:30 – 20:30 (Sat-Sun)
Features at a glance:
- 17th century building
- Individually decorated bedrooms
- Formal Havelock restaurant
- Informal Captian Cooks Bar
- Leisure Club with pool, sauna, solarium and gym
- Beauty Salon offering haircuts, holistic therapies and beauty treatments
- Two golf courses nearby
- Tranquil yet easy to reach location
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Ideally located for exploring County Durham, Blackwell Grange is a beautiful hotel with everything you need for a relaxing stay. Having a beauty salon is a great added extra!”