Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
1 x 60 minute spa treatment
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
This is a hotel designed for leisure breaks, with a range of fantastic facilities – from a PGA championship golf course that will challenge and excite golfers of every standard, to a luxurious spa that offers a range of sumptuous treatments. So the Suffolk Golf and Spa is ideal whether you’re looking for indulgent spa breaks or fun golf breaks – or even the best of both worlds on a romantic weekend break.
The hotel is just a few miles outside the historic town of Bury St Edmunds, so provides an excellent base for exploring the heritage and character of Suffolk. From a forest walk at Thetford or a tour of the Greene King Brewery, to a look around the St Edmundsbury Cathedral or a visit to Cambridge, there are all sorts of attractions within easy reach of the Suffolk Golf and Spa Hotel.
With a delightful restaurant overlooking the course and a traditional lounge bar area, there is everything you need to unwind at the end of the day – whether you’ve spent the day on the course, out sightseeing in East Anglia or being pampered in the spa.
Where is the Suffolk Golf and Spa Hotel?
Fornham St. Genevieve
Bury St Edmunds
Situated just outside the historic town of Bury St Edmunds, the Suffolk Golf and Spa is off the A134 – around 30 miles from the M11 at Cambridge. Bury St Edmunds railway station is a 10 minute drive away, while Stansted is the nearest airport, less than 50 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in East Anglia?
- New Wolsey Theatre – a fantastic contemporary theatre in Ipswich, with a busy programme of great show and plays.
- Abbey Gardens – A few miles away, in Bury St Edmunds, these impressive gardens offer a vast array of flowers, together with an aviary, play area and some great spots for a picnic
- Newmarket Races – One of the country’s major venues for horse racing, there is a calendar of regular meetings throughout the spring, summer and autumn.
- Bury St Edmunds Cathedral – Started in the early 16th century, with finishing touches added just a few years ago, today it is a magnificent structure and engaging visitor attraction.
- Cambridge – Famed for one of the world’s oldest and best universities, Cambridge is packed with history, architecture and attractions.
What is there to do at the hotel?
For golfers of every stripe, the 18-hole, par-72 PGA Genevieve Championship Course is a great example of a classic parkland course, with its own river running through to offer character and another dimension to the challenge. Of course, the club also has its own club shop, where you can stock up on equipment, consult the pro on your technique or make use of the repairs workshop.
If you prefer pampering to putting, the spa has a great selection of luxurious and indulgent beauty treatments provided in well-appointed and comfortable treatment rooms, and using top-of-the-range Elemis products.
You can take a dip in the indoor swimming pool, or take it easy in the sauna or Jacuzzi. And, for the active visitor, the hotel also boasts a large and well-equipped gym – with treadmills, elliptical trainers and weights machines.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Genevieve Restaurant is light and airy, yet traditional. It enjoys spectacular views over the golf course it is named after, and offers up a menu full of traditional cuisine given a modern influence – with the best of British and some international favourites too.
If you prefer a less formal setting for dining or a drink, the lounge bar area has a full menu of snacks and bar meals, together with a good selection of beers, wines and spirits.
Features at a glance
- 40 comfortable en-suite rooms
- Many rooms with views across the golf course
- Plenty of free guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi access available throughout the hotel
- Ideal for leisure breaks, spa breaks and golf breaks
- 18-hole par-72 PGA golf course
- Light and airy Genevieve Restaurant overlooks golf course
- Comfortable lounge bar area
- Delightful terrace overlooking the course, off the main bar
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Relaxing sauna and Jacuzzi
- Large, well-equipped fitness suite
- Indulgent spa offering a range of beauty treatments
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm. Check out by 11am.
- There is one room fitted for disabled access, plus ground floor rooms – please call us or email to check details and availability.
- There are a limited number of family rooms – please call or email us to check details, availability and any possible family package deals.
- There is one dog friendly room at the hotel – please call or email us to check details and availability.
With a huge range of facilities, you won’t be lacking things to do at this hotel – whether your idea of a break is being out on the course or getting pampered in the spa. It also offers attractive rates and lovely location. There’s no wonder it’s a popular choice for easy-breaks.com customers.