Discover the tranquil charm of the Belstead Brook Muthu Hotel, once a 16th Century hunting lodge and now a wonderfully well-equipped and welcoming hotel. Within easy driving distance of many of the Suffolk's most picturesque villages and charming scenery and a mere two miles from Ipswich, it's well located whether guests are planning a countryside retreat or a fun tour of the shops, attractions and top tourist spots.
Relaxation is sure to be on the cards with a stay at the Belstead Brook Muthu Hotel, thanks to its brilliant spa and leisure facilities. Look forward to taking it easy and enjoying the hotel's swimming pool, solarium, spa bath, steam room and sauna and be sure to book a treatment or two from its Blissful at Belstead Brook range. There's also a full range of weight training and cardio-vascular equipment, perfect for staying on top of an exercise regime.
You'll also find a number of golf courses nearby, perfect for a few rounds during your holiday, including the Ipswich Golf Club, the St Clements Golf Club and the Rushmere Golf Club. Other nearby attractions include fascinating glimpses into the past at Sutton Huu and exploring Suffolk's enchanting villages and countryside. No stay in the area would be complete without an afternoon strolling along the Ipswich Waterfront, taking in the view and visiting the shops, cafes and restaurants that line the water's edge.
Look forward to dining in the hotel's Victorian, oak panelled Manor Restaurant, where you'll find an excellent selection of contemporary dishes and a fantastic atmosphere. Alternatively, take a seat in the Garden Bar, where you'll find a range of lighter meals and a laid back atmosphere – as well as a great choice of drinks. After dining, retire to your tastefully, and attentively decorated bedroom to make use of all of the excellent amenities on offer during your stay.
Where is the Belstead Brooks Muthu Hotel?
Belstead Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 9HB
When driving to the hotel, exit the A12/A14 where they intersect at the A1214 then follow the A1214 toward Ipswich and turn right at the first roundabout towards Belstead, where you can follow the brown tourism signs to 'Belstead Brook Manor Hotel'. You'll also find the Ipswich Train Station 1.5 miles away, with connections from Liverpool Street or Norwich.
What’s worth visiting in Ipswich?
- Ipswich Waterfront – Take a stroll along the waterfront, book a cruise or chill out with a drink at one of the many cafes and restaurants with a view.
- Discover Sutton Huu – Enjoy a day trip to the awe-inspiring grounds of this Anglo-Saxon royal burial site, a 255 acre estate with ancient burial mounds.
- Gainsborough House – Birthplace of Thomas Gainsborough (1727-1788) – one of Britain's greatest artists – and an exciting museum of his work.
- Maritime Ipswich Waterfront Festival: August – Celebrate the city's past at this fun festival, including a maritime market, visits out on the Sailing Barge Victor as well as music, food and drink.
- Ipswich Arts Festival: June - July – From music to comedy or history, there are events celebrating arts and performances of all kinds that this annual festival.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Boasting its own spa and leisure club, the hotel features plenty to be enjoyed on site – including a swimming pool, spa bath, steam room, sauna and solarium. There's also a gym for those who wish to exercise and a number of treatments suites.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Discover delectable dining options in the charming Manor Restaurant. The grand, oak panelled, Victorian setting may put you in mind of the past yet the menu is entirely contemporary and features individually prepared dishes using fresh seasonal produce. Enjoy an intimate setting in a wonderful restaurant that opens up to become a library with its own Victorian stained glass window.
You'll also find a great selection of meals, light bits and tipples available in the light and airy Garden Bar, which boasts a chilled out vibe and excellent selection of food and drink.
Breakfast: 07:00 to 09:00 (weekdays), 08:00 to 10:00 (weekends)
Lunch: 12:00 to 13:45 (Closed on Saturday's)
Dinner: 19:00 to 21:00 Sunday & Bank Holidays: 19:00 to 20:30
Features at a glance
- 88 traditionally decorated bedrooms
- Fully equipped with all mod cons
- A welcoming Country House hotel
- Perfect for the whole family
- Work out in the gym
- Enjoy dining in Manor Restaurant
- Chat over drinks on the lounge and bar
- Relax completely in the spa
- 24 hour room service
- Free Wi-Fi available throughout
- Free car parking on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00, express check in available.
- Accessible rooms and facilities available – contact us to check details and availability.
- A variety of traditionally decorated and well-equipped rooms to choose from.
- No pets are allowed, only service dogs are permitted.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“A gorgeous hotel in what started life as a 16th century hunting lodge, the Belstead Brook Muthu Hotel offers a superior stay in Suffolk. It boasts tranquil splendour of a country retreat yet is only a few miles from Ipswich – perfect for day trips to the city. With its own fantastic spa and leisure centre, the hotel is also a natural choice for spa breaks in Suffolk while the lovely location makes it a popular spot for romantic weekend breaks – look forward to a warm welcome and excellent service in an enchanting, Ipswich hotel”