Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Easter egg in the room on arrival
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine with dinner on the first evening
Originally a 16th century coaching inn, BEST WESTERN George Hotel has been thoughtfully and beautifully updated to boast a full range of modern facilities and conveniences. Its 28 en-suite rooms feature everything from free WiFi to complimentary toiletries and guests will find themselves perfectly placed to explore the historic market town of Swaffham as well as the North Norfolk Coast.
Also nearby are popular tourist spots such as Kings Lynn, Sandringham and Walsingham and some particularly notable landmarks, like Royal Sandringham and the Castle Acre Priory. Golfers will find the attractive Swaffham Golf Club, first established in 1922, a mere two miles from the hotel.
After a busy day enjoying Norfolk’s sights, guests can retire to the hotel to enjoy a fine dining experience in the classy Green Room restaurant or look forward to a more casual setting and lighter menu in the welcoming George Bar.
Where is the BEST WESTERN George Hotel?
Station Street, Swaffham, Norfolk, PE37 7LJ, England
Approach via the M11, turning at J11. Closest airport is Norwich, 30 miles from the hotel, and the Downham Market train station is only 12 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Norfolk?
- Castle Acre Priory – One of the largest and best-preserved monastic sites in England, this stunning historic attraction dates back to 1090.
- Royal Sandringham – The Norfolk retreat of Her Majesty the Queen, Royal Sandringham boasts a stunning house, museum and gardens to be explored.
- Pensthorpe Wildlife & Gardens – An award-winning mixture of meandering nature trails and beguiling woodland walks that also happen to be a showcase for British wildlife and nature conservation.
- Norfolk and Norwich Festival: May – A fun and vibrant annual festival celebrating jazz, classical music, comedy and dance and championing creativity and innovation in the arts.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Guests can make themselves comfortable in the elegant surrounds of the Green Room Restaurant and look forward to choosing from a variety of tempting dishes. Boasting a warm, welcoming atmosphere and a specials board bursting with innovative dishes and local produce, the hotel has a fine dining establishment of its very own.
For lighter bites and a huge variety of hot and cold drinks (including many real ales), guests can retire to the George Bar, which perfectly combines traditional elegance with modern conveniences to create a cosy space.
Breakfast: 07:15 - 09:15
Lunch: 12:00 - 14:15
Dinner: 18:30 - 21:15
Bar Menu: 12:00 – 18:00
Features at a glance
- Contemporary comforts in a 16th century coaching inn
- Ideal base for exploring the beautiful county of Norfolk
- Fine dining in the Green Room Restaurant
- Relaxed atmosphere for light meals and drinks in George Bar
- 24 hour room service
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Pets welcome, £10 a day surcharge applies
- Free parking available on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00.
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for rooms with cots or extra beds, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Guests can curl up by the real log fire in the George Bar, enjoy fine dining in the elegant hotel restaurant and easily explore the beauty of Norfolk – making the BEST WESTERN George Hotel a top choice for weekends in Swaffham.”