Very pleased with this hotel. Staff well trained and everyone had a greeting and a smile. Rooms air-conditioned, good size and nicely furnished. Mattress too soft for my liking. Food was well-presented and usually tasty with a couple of negatives - chicken under cooked and chips overcooked, but overall very good....
Why stay at The Derbyshire Hotel?
“The Derbyshire Hotel is a family-friendly hotel in a brilliant location for a range of different breaks. It’s just off the M1, so it’s perfect for a stopover on a long journey, but it’s also a great base for visiting the Peak District – the UK’s second biggest national park. Whatever you’re visiting for, you’ll find it a comfortable and pleasant hotel.”
Why stay at the Derbyshire Hotel?
The Derbyshire Hotel is a large modern hotel near the Peak District, which is perfect for family breaks or a couples’ long weekend away.
With a convenient location close to the M1, this four-star hotel in Derbyshire is not only popular for business travellers and conferences – it’s also an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area. For family-friendly activity breaks, the Peak District is just a short journey, and offers a wealth of walks, hill climbing and other outdoor pursuits.
If you prefer heritage and culture, Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield offer all sorts of attractions within just 25 miles of the hotel. There’s even a Designer Outlet within a few minutes’ walk of the hotel if you're looking for some retail therapy on your break.
But you don’t need to leave the hotel to relax. With a leisure club and beauty room, you can take a dip in the pool, workout in the gym or get treated to a luxury spa treatment. At the end of it all, you can take it easy in the welcoming and contemporary surroundings of the Tempus Restaurant and Bar for a bite to eat and a drink of your choice.
Where is the Derbyshire Hotel?
Carter Lane East
The Derbyshire Hotel is just off junction 28 of the M1. Simply head onto the A38 toward Mansfield and take the first left, after just a few yards. If you’re travelling by train, the nearest railway station in Alfreton, around two miles away. The nearest airport is East Midlands, around 30 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Derbyshire?
- Nottingham Castle – First built in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 17th century, the castle sits high above Nottingham, commanding brilliant views across the city.
- Alton Towers – A theme park ready to excite the whole family, Alton Towers has 35 rides including 8 massive rollercoasters.
- Chatsworth House – Explore the stately home, the impressive gardens, meet the animals in the farmyard, browse the farm shop and enjoy a refreshment in the café – all in one place.
- Go for a walk – The Peak District has an incredible 1,800 miles of trails, making this a great destination for walking holidays and activity breaks.
- Have a tart – Head to the charming town of Bakewell and find the birthplace of the famous Bakewell tart.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel features a Leisure Club and Beauty Room, perfect for turning any visits into indulgent spa breaks. If you remember your swimming costume, there’s a swimming pool, with a sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room for you to enjoy. If you prefer to get some more rigorous exercise, there’s also a fully equipped gym.
For those looking for a spot of pampering, there’s a wide range of facial treatments, body wraps, manicures and more on offer in the beauty room, or you might prefer to simply unwind in the relaxation room
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Tempus Restaurant is modern, yet comfortable and relaxed – with a menu that mixes locally sourced ingredients with vibrant flavours of the world to offer something for everyone. A buffet-style breakfast is also served in the Tempus Restaurant.
The Bar serves a variety of sandwiches, salads, pizzas and more throughout the day, together with a good selection of beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. You can also dine in your room, with a full room service menu – a selection of which is available 24 hours.
Features at a glance
- 4-star hotel in Derbyshire
- Convenient location for M1
- Ideal for active breaks in the Peak District
- 157 well-appointed rooms
- Some exclusive executive rooms available
- All standard rooms overlook the gardens
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Modern Tempus Restaurant
- Relaxed lounge with full bar menu
- Full room service menu, with some options available 24 hours.
- Well-equipped health suite
- Swimming pool with sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- Beauty rooms offering luxury spa treatments
- Family friendly – children welcome
- Ample free guest parking
- Beauty room ideal for spa breaks
- Dog-friendly hotel
What else do I need to know?
- Disabled access rooms and ground-floor rooms may be available – please or email us to check details and availability.
- Cots and roll-out beds are available for children – please call or email us to check details, availability and any possible family package deals.
- Dog-friendly hotel - £30 per dog per stay.
- Baby Cot available at hotel Chargeable at £10 per night(Check with Hotel with regards to availability)
- Children Welcome
- Disabled Access Rooms - Please call Easy-Breaks direct on 08430554433 to confirm availability
- Dogs Welcome (£30 per dog)
- Ground Floor Rooms Available on Request
- Health & Beauty Salon
- Swimming Pool
I plan to do a trip advisor review with the title a 4 star hotel with 1 star food. We used the hotel as a stop off for the peak district and a visit to Chatsworth, entry which was paid for in the package. Generally clean but window ledges and window framework were dusty. Good rooms and comfortable bed let down by on air conditioning. This is probably the case with too many hotels in the UK but it just so happens we were staying during the latest heat wave and the heat in the room was oppressive.......
Probably the best value easy-breaks hotel that we have stayed in to date. Helpful and friendly staff, great leisure facilities and good food....
We had an excellent stay,everything was first rate,the staff where brilliant, and nothing was too much trouble. Our only gripe the drinks are to expensive. but will definately be staying there again. BRIAN,CAROLE,RICHARD AND PAM...