Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
A modern four-star hotel and spa, the Hallmark Hotel in Gloucester offers a tranquil and relaxing getaway in a quiet setting just outside of the beautiful Cathedral city of Gloucester. With an excellent array of facilities and an easy-to-reach location just off the M5, the hotel provides an ideal place for spa breaks, romantic weekends and breaks near the Cotswolds.
The city of Gloucester is full of history and culture, with its Cathedral the most famous attraction. With roots that stretch back to the 7th century, this is a must-see attraction that offers both awe-inspiring architecture and a quiet solace for personal reflection. The city has plenty more to offer, however, with a number of other ancient buildings and a good selection of museums for anyone seeking history.
If you’d prefer to get busy on active holidays, the artificial ski slope is only a short distance from the hotel, while the rolling hills of the Cotswolds are a quick drive away – and not only provide an area of outstanding natural beauty, but also a perfect setting for walking and cycling. If you’re looking for a great place for golf breaks, there are plenty of courses in and around Gloucester and Cheltenham, not least the Gloucester Golf Club, which is right on the doorstep.
The spa and health club means that you don't need to leave the hotel to have a relaxing break. From the luscious beauty treatments and relaxing massages, to the swimming pool, gym and squash court, there’s plenty on offer to help you unwind and de-stress. After a day getting pampered, you can savour the bold, delicious flavours served up in the Brasserie, or enjoy a glass of wine in the hotel’s Lounge Bar. Whatever you look for in a relaxing spa break or romantic weekend, you’ll certainly find a pleasant break at this four-star hotel in Gloucester.
Where is the Hallmark Hotel Gloucester?
The Hallmark Hotel Gloucester is well-placed, two miles to the south of Gloucester city centre, close to the M5. The city’s railway station is a ten-minute drive from the hotel, while Gloucestershire Airport is just over 6 miles away (the next nearest is Bristol Airport, around 45 miles away).
What’s worth visiting in Gloucester?
- Gloucester Cathedral – The city is famous for its Cathedral and rightly so, as it is a magnificent and well-preserved example of gothic architecture.
- Gloucester Quay Food Festival: July – A three-day celebration of food and drink, with chef demonstrations, markets, events showcasing the very best of the region’s producers and produce.
- Tewkesbury Abbey – Founded almost a thousand years ago, the Abbey is today famous for the medieval stained glass and is open 7 days a week.
- Cheltenham Racecourse – home to the famous four-day Cheltenham Festival, there are regular horse racing meetings held here.
- Gloucester International Cajun and Zydeco Festival: January – A festival with a difference, this weekend-long event lets visitor sample a little Creole culture, with food and music rooted in Louisiana.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The Hallmark Health Club offers visitors the chance to unwind and recharge batteries, with a range of facilities and services. You can take a dip in the large pool or the spa bath – while the kids play in the separate children’s pool – before feeling the heat in the sauna or steam room. If you prefer something more active, the gym facilities include state-of-the art cardiovascular equipment, free weights and resistance machines. The club even includes a squash court, if you fancy a game, while the aerobics studio hosts a number of classes to give you a good workout.
For those wanting a little pampering on spa breaks, the hotel’s spa offers a wide selection of treatments. From massages, skin care therapies and de-stressing sessions, the beauty spa has everything you could need to unwind in style.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Brasserie is a stylish, but comfortable setting for a meal, with its contemporary décor matched by a modern continental cuisine, with a few classic British dishes on the menu too. The food is complemented by an ample wine list, ensuring that there should always be a selection to accompany your meal.
The Lounge Bar is a relaxed space for a relaxing drink with friends, or for a delicious afternoon tea by the fireplace, while French doors open out onto the garden terrace – providing a perfect spot for a gin and tonic or glass of wine on a summer’s evening.
Breakfast: 7am – 10.30am (from 8am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch menu served: 12noon – 5pm
Dinner: 6pm – 8.30pm
Features at a glance
- Four-star hotel & spa
- Modern and stylish accommodation
- 95 spacious and comfortable rooms and suites
- 32” flat screen televisions
- Family-friendly hotel
- Excellent location close to M5
- Smart, continental-style Brasserie
- Comfortable lounge Bar with open fire
- 24 hour room service
- Extensive Spa & Health Club
- Good-sized swimming pool
- Spa bath, sauna and steam room
- Well-appointed gym
- Squash court and aerobics studio
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
- Free Wi-Fi
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel has two rooms adapted for disabled guests. For bookings and details, please contact us.
- This hotel has family rooms – to check availability please call our sales team on 08430 55 44 33.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel - £15 charge
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“A popular option for easy-breaks.com customers, this 4-star hotel and spa is a relaxed and modern place to unwind – with a quiet location just outside Gloucester offering a good spot to escape some of those city-stresses. Gloucester is a lovely city, with sights well worth seeing, particularly its grand cathedral, but the star attraction here is probably the modern spa. For many visitors, there’s simply nothing more relaxing than a dip in the pool and a beauty treatment.”
The hotel reviews contained within this site are solely the opinions of easy-breaks.com customers and do not reflect opinions or positions of easy-breaks.com.