“The Grosvenor Hotel’s four-star rating barely does it justice, as this is a luxury hotel with a real first-class feel. It’s a former station hotel for Victoria, so it has the grand style and traditional opulence that harks back to a golden age of travel. If you’re looking to treat yourself on a city break in London – particularly over the winter months – then this is the place to stay.”
Why stay at the Grosvenor Hotel London?
The Grosvenor Hotel is one of the finest luxury four-star hotels in central London. The former Victoria station hotel, this is a Grade II listed building that has been carefully restored to its former glory. Now, entering the hotel through a grand lobby featuring marble floors, lofty ceilings and chandeliers is like stepping back into an era of opulence. For luxury city breaks, this is simply one of the best hotels in London.
Being part of Victoria Station (there is even a discrete entrance via the station concourse), the Grosvenor is well connected for travellers, whether coming in via the Gatwick Express or on the tube. A prime location close to Westminster, Belgravia and Kensington also means that some of the very best visitor attractions in London are within easy reach. Top of the list is Buckingham Palace, which is a few hundred metres from the hotel, while the Houses of Parliament, Hyde Park Corner and Downing Street are only a short walk away.
For anyone visiting the capital for shopping breaks, the Grosvenor is close to premier shopping destinations like Bond Street and Harrods, as well as the always-popular Oxford Street, Regent Street and Piccadilly Circus.
Within the hotel, the luxury finish and design is matched by excellent customer service and fabulous dining options – from the champagne and cocktail bar set in the former first class lounge, and the well-appointed Brasserie and Lounge, to the Grand Imperial Restaurant. The hotel’s classic period features help to create a timeless style, yet there are plenty of modern conveniences too – from the cutting-edge fitness facilities to the superfast Wi-Fi. With every luxury provided and every detail considered, the Grosvenor offers a truly outstanding standard of accommodationfor your visit to London.
Where is the Grosvenor Hotel?
101 Buckingham Palace Road
The Grosvenor Hotel in central London is next door to Victoria station so offers fantastic access to both underground (District, Circle and Victoria lines) and mainline services – including the Gatwick Express. For anyone driving to the hotel, there is a multi-storey car park at Semley Place, just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in London?
- Buckingham Palace – Whether to admire from the outside, or on the tour of its public areas, Her Majesty’s official residence is a magnificent building and a must-see attraction within walking distance of the hotel.
- Hyde Park – A huge park and a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the capital, with the Serpentine Lake at its heart.
- The London Eye – Take in one of the best views of London imaginable with a ride on this 443-foot Ferris wheel (especially great at night).
- Covent Garden – From stores, stalls and street performers to bars, restaurants and theatres, Covent Garden is packed full of entertainments.
- Houses of Parliament – Home to Big Ben, this is one of world’s most famous landmarks and is well worth a visit and a tour round the public areas.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The Grosvenor Hotel has its own gym which is free to use for guests (over 16s only), and includes treadmills, bikes and elliptical trainers (all with their own plasma screens), as well as free weights and weight machines.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s main restaurant, the Grand Imperial Restaurant offers a fine dining experience, with an exquisite taste of first-class Hong Kong Cantonese cuisine. From the á la Carte to the express lunch menus and even an Asian-inspired afternoon tea, the delicate dim sum, excellent seafood and succulent barbeque will all change the way you think about oriental food.
The hotel’s Brasserie Restaurant offers a relaxed dining experience in a refined setting, with classic dishes, salads and sandwiches served throughout the afternoon and evening, while the Lounge provides elegant surroundings for the indulgent afternoon tea.
The Réunion Champagne & Cocktail Bar was once Victoria station’s first class lounge – and while it has been brought up to date with contemporary touches, the class remains. As well as a selection of light bites, it serves a wide array of cocktails that look as good as they taste, together with wines, beers and hot drinks.
Features at a glance
- 4 star luxury hotel in central London
- Grade II listed building with many period features
- Ideal for sightseeing city breaks
- Within walking distance of many major tourist attractions
- More than 300 luxurious rooms
- Air conditioning in every room
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Executive rooms and suites available
- Fine dining restaurant offers refined take on Hong Kong cuisine
- Elegant Brasserie offers casual dining experience with classic European dishes
- Chic and sophisticated Réunion Champagne and Cocktail
- Full 24 hour room service menu available
- 24 hour concierge on offer
- Limousine service available through concierge (charges apply)
- Fully equipped fitness suite free to use
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm. Check out by 12 noon.
- For details on disabled access rooms, please call or email us to check details and availability.
- Guide dogs are accepted with prior arrangement, but otherwise no pets are allowed at the hotel.