Breakfast & Dinner
Activity Break - Beamish Open Air Museum
Includes Entry to Beamish Museum
Sunday Night Hotel Deal
Breakfast & Dinner
Overlooking the Derwent Valley, BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor Hotel is an attractive country house, surrounded by the Northumberland countryside. Its rural location allows for guests to experience a secluded country retreat, yet it is close to the cities of Newcastle and Durham for those wanting to see what this diverse area of England has to offer.
Located close to the A68, the hotel makes a great base for those looking to explore the North East. Market towns, lively cities and plenty of activities are only a short drive away such as walking, cycling, fishing and horse-riding. The hotel is also located near two golf courses.
Within the hotel, guests can make use of the ‘stand-alone’ leisure complex that has a 14 metre swimming pool, spa bath, children’s splash pool, sauna and gym.
In keeping with the building’s traditional style, the hotel’s bar and restaurant have a distinctly country feel. Guests can dine in Guinevere's Restaurant or have a drink in the Grouse and Claret.
Where is BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor Hotel?
Allensford, Northumberland, DH8 9BB
Driving from the north, follow the A69 and A68 to Northumberland. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A69. At Styford Roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A68 and at Broomhaugh Roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on the A68. From the south, follow the A691 to Station Road in Lanchester, then take Longedge Lane to Rowley Bank and turn right onto Rowley Bank and continue to follow A68.
What’s worth visiting in Northumberland?
- Alnwick Castle – Used as the setting for the Harry Potter films, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Blackadder and Downton Abbey to name but a few, this imposing castle may look familiar. This iconic landmark has been home to the Percy family for over 700 years, making it one of the largest inhabited castles in the UK.
- Hadrian’s Wall - Hadrian's Wall stretches across the north of England to Newcastle upon Tyne, Wallsend and South Shields. In Northumberland, many parts of the wall are still intact and you can also visit the Roman Vindolanda (a Roman auxiliary fort) and the Roman Army Museum as well as the English Heritage sites of Housesteads Roman Fort and Chesters Roman Fort.
- Durham – Although not strictly in Northumberland, when visiting the North East of England you have to make sure you see the beautiful city of Durham’s winding cobbled streets, impressive Norman Cathedral and huge castle. Its prestigious university and large student population mean it is always buzzing with plenty of cafes, shops and galleries to visit.
What is there to do at the hotel?
In the hotel’s leisure centre, guests can make use of the 14 metre swimming pool, spa bath, sauna and gym whilst there is also a splash pool to keep the children entertained. The hotel is also located near two golf courses – Consett Golf Club and Slaley Hall Hunting Course, the latter of which requires a handicap to play.
What is there to eat & drink in the hotel?
For a more formal setting guests can dine from Guinevere's Restaurant’s table d’hote menu that serves traditional dishes with a modern twist. The interiors give off a quaint country feel, accentuated by the stone work and large fire place.
The Grouse and Claret serves up posh pub grub as well as afternoon tea – it is a great area in which to unwind after a long day with its roaring fireplace and sports area that has quiz machines and a pool table.
Breakfast: 07.00 - 09.30
Dinner: 19.00 - 21.15
Features at a glance
- Set in Northumberland countryside
- Traditional country house
- Guinevere's Restaurant
- Grouse and Claret bar
- Leisure centre with indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath, children’s pool and gym
- Close to two golf courses
- Dog friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £15 per night
- Disabled access rooms are available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“A charming hotel in a beautiful area of England, BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor’s good leisure facilities and delightful restaurant, mean it has everything you need for a pleasant stay.”