Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine on the first evening
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Activity Break - Alton Towers
Includes ticket to Alton Towers
New Year Break
This former country house has been restored, expanded and converted into a pleasant, traditional hotel that still retains much of its period charm and original features – from the wood panelling and ornate staircases, to the old fireplaces in the delightful Garden Restaurant.
Its traditional style is balanced with modern facilities, from the indoor swimming pool, sauna and fitness suite, to the Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel. The hotel has anagreeable and calming ambience throughout, from the comfortable bar lounge area out into the hotel’s garden and patio.
It is situated within a short drive of the M6, between Stoke on Trent and Stafford, making it an ideal base for exploring all the heritage and attractions that Staffordshire has to offer. From the family-friendly excitement of Alton Towers just a few miles away, to the fascinating history you can discover at one of the area’s many museums, there are a vast variety of activities to keep any visitor entertained.
The hotel is ideally suited for relaxing breaks for couples or for family celebrations – and the high tea is always popular among guests. Whatever kind of great value break you’re looking for, you’ll find a warm welcome and exceptional service at the Stone House Hotel in Staffordshire.
Where is the Stone House Hotel?
The Stone House Hotel is just off the A34, between Stafford and Stoke on Trent – only a short drive from junction 14 of the M6. It is a six-minute drive to the railway station in the town of Stone and around 45 miles from Birmingham International Airport.
What’s worth visiting in Staffordshire?
- National Memorial Arboretum – Take the time to reflect in the peaceful and beautiful surroundings of a memorial for those who have served our nation.
- Alton Towers – A theme park ready to excite the whole family, Alton Towers has 35 rides including 8 massive rollercoasters.
- Wedgwood Visitor Centre – Take a tour around the Wedgwood factory and discover over 250 years of fascinating history behind the country’s most famous ceramics.
- Uttoxeter Race course – With regular horse racing meetings, it’s an ideal day out for anyone who likes a flutter.
- Trentham Gardens – Not only home to some award-winning gardens, but also a range of family-friendly activities and playgrounds.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel features an indoor heated swimming pool for guests, as well as a relaxing sauna and a fully-equipped gym. During the warmer months, the hotel’s garden and terrace also offer a pleasant setting for sitting out or taking a stroll.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Garden Restaurant overlooks the hotel’s beautiful grounds, and features original period fireplaces. An elegant and traditional restaurant, it serves a menu of classic British cuisine for lunch and dinner. For a more informal bite to eat, there is an extensive lounge menu on offer in the comfortable bar area throughout the day – in addition to a wide range of beers, fine wines, cocktails and hot drinks.
Breakfast is served from 7am - 9.30am on weekdays and 7.30 -10am on weekends. Dinner is served from 6pm -9.30pm.
Features at a glance
- 5 well-appointed en-suite rooms
- Ample free guest parking
- Digital TV and direct dial phone
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Room service for in-room dining
- 24-hour front desk service
- Indoor heated swimming pool & sauna
- Well-equipped cardio fitness suite
- Beautiful Garden Restaurant
- Comfortable lounge bar area
- Smoke-free throughout the hotel
- Tranquil garden and patio area
- Dog-friendly hotel (£10 per dog per night)
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm. Check out by 11am.
- Disabled access room available – please call or email us to check details and availability.
- There are connecting rooms available – please call or email us to check details, availability and any possible family package deals.
A lovely elegant country house hotel, this is a popular destination for our customers. It’s a good value hotel, with elegant interiors and a brilliant location for visiting places around the midlands – from Alton Towers or Drayton Manor for the children, to more grown-up attractions, like the Wedgwood visitor centre or the National Arboretum.