Why stay at the Hilton Templepatrick Hotel & Country Club?
Set amid 220 tranquil acres of woodland in the countryside surrounding Belfast, the Hilton Templepatrick Hotel and Country Club is a luxury retreat with an excellent range of facilities. As such, this is more than just a four-star hotel with a good location for visiting Belfast, but is also a great holiday destination in its own right – with something for everyone, on a range of different breaks.
With the health club and beauty facilities, it’s perfect for relaxing spa breaks. The swimming pool and tennis courts ensure you can work off the exceptional food and drink on offer in Treffner’s Restaurant, the Lounge Bar and Kinahan’s Bar. If you really want to work up a sweat, the air-conditioned gym and fitness classes will keep you in shape. And as a family friendly hotel, there are even kids’ clubs run at various times of the year. It’s ideal for golf breaks, too, with an 18-hole championship course on site, as well as a range of practice facilities – while there are several other courses around the area.
Central Belfast is not far, with a quick 20-minute drive enough to reach the city’s attractions, shops and nightlife. There are plenty of sights to see and museums to visit, with the Titanic experience a recently-added highlight. If you’re looking for retail therapy, the city can oblige – with a great selection of high street stores, upmarket boutiques and independent shops. If you’re looking for food and drink, the city’s culinary reputation is well-deserved – and the centre is packed with lively bars and excellent restaurants.
Whether you venture out into the city, go further afield to see the giant’s causeway or make the most of the Country Club’s facilities, the four-star Hilton Templepatrick can provide an excellent base for all sorts of relaxing breaks in Northern Ireland.
Where is the Hilton Templepatrick Hotel & Country Club?
Castle Upton Estate
The Hilton Templepatrick Hotel is on the Castle Upton Estate, which is just off the M2 – which leads into central Belfast, around 20 minutes’ drive away. The nearest railway station is in the town of Antrim around 6 miles away, while Belfast International Airport is just a ten-minute drive.
What’s worth visiting in Belfast?
- Titanic Belfast – The most famous ship to set sail from Belfast’s shipyards is commemorated in a modern and engaging visitor experience to the north of the city centre.
- Go shopping – The city centre is ready to offer retail therapy to even the most seasoned shoppers, with a wide array of shops and major shopping malls.
- Belfast Zoo – With more than 1000 animals, including Barbary lions and Asian elephants, the zoo is a great day out for the whole family.
- Giant’s Causeway – One of the UK’s greatest natural wonders, this geological phenomena is within driving distance for a great day trip.
- Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival: May – This ten-day event brings together theatre, comedy, music, dance and more, with performers from across the world.
- Belfast Festival at Queens: October – Offering an eclectic mix of dance, music (both classical and modern), talks and theatre, this annual festival has been running for more than 50 years.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The Hilton Templepatrick is much more than just a four-star hotel. It’s simply packed with facilities and activities, with something for everyone.
First and foremost, the championship golf course ensures that there is a challenge for experienced players and novices alike. If you need to work on your swing before you hit the course, there’s a 16-bay floodlit driving range, not to mention practice areas and greens so you can brush up on your short game. Even if you hadn’t planned on a round, clubs and shoes for hire ensure that any visits can quickly become golf breaks.
If golf isn't your game, there are two all-weather tennis courts to play host to your own personal grand slams. And, with 220 acres of woodland and grounds next to the hotel, there are plenty of trails to walk or cycle if you’d like to get out and about.
For those who’d rather stay indoors, you can take a dip in the 18m swimming pool, or relax in the steam room and sauna. You could work up a sweat on the cardio machines in the air conditioned gym. Or you could get working with one of 35 classes a week.
If you’d rather take it easy, then the hotel’s health club offers a great setting for spa breaks. With three treatment rooms and an in-house hair salon, offering a range of beauty treatments and holistic therapies, there’s ample opportunity to kick back and unwind.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s main dining venue is Treffner’s Restaurant, which presents panoramic views across the golf course – providing a bright and attractive venue for breakfast and the á la carte dinner. The food is just as attractive as the vista, with a range of dishes that bring the best out of fresh, local produce to offer a great taste of traditional cuisine.
The Lounge Bar has smart décor and an informal atmosphere, perfect for a morning coffee, light meal or a classy cocktail in the evening. And at Kinahan’s Bar – which is open throughout the busier months – you can relax with a whisky and watch the golfers come in on the 18th, or watch the big game on the big screen TV.
Breakfast: 7am – 10am (until 11am Saturday & Sunday)
Sunday Carvary: 1pm – 3pm
Lounge bar serves snack and light meals: 9am – 11pm (open until 1am, Thurs-Sat)
Dinner: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Features at a glance
- Four-star hotel in a tranquil setting
- Exceptional leisure facilities
- Ideal location for Belfast International
- Modern, comfortable design & décor
- Family-friendly rooms and interlocking rooms
- Treffner’s Restaurant serving traditional food
- Comfortable Lounge Bar and relaxed Kinahan’s Bar
- 24 hour room service
- 18m swimming pool
- Swimming lessons available
- Sauna & steam room
- Spa with luxury treatment rooms
- In-house hair salon
- Fully air conditioned gym
- 35 aerobics & fitness classes
- 2 all-weather tennis courts
- 18 hole parkland golf course
- 16-bay driving range, plus practice greens
- Pro-shop, hire services and PGA professional
- Dog-friendly hotel (no charge)
- Free parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 12noon.
- The hotel has a number of accessible rooms, and extra facilities on offer. Please contact us to check details and availability.
- This hotel has family rooms, suites and interlocking rooms – to check availability please call our sales team on 08430 55 44 33.
- The hotel welcomes small dogs, as well as guide dogs.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“As a country club, the Hilton Templepatrick is much more than just a place to sleep. This is a holiday destination in its own right. It’s good for golf breaks, of course, but it’s got plenty for everyone else too, with spa and leisure facilities that are second to none. As if that wasn’t enough, all the sights and attractions of Belfast city centre are just a short drive. It’s got everything. Get in touch to find out about our best available rates – email us, give us a call or use our live chat tool.