The Fife Arms Hotel is an historic 19th century hunting lodge in a beautiful location deep in the Scottish Highlands. It retains many period features and offers traditional Scottish style for a true country house feel.
The village of Braemar is nestled in the heart of the stunning Cairngorms National Park, which is home to some of Scotland’s most dramatic and breath-taking scenery. As such, it is an ideal setting for a wide range of outdoor pursuits – from climbing, hill-walking and mountain-biking to skiing and snowboarding, in the winter months. It’s also a popular area for golf breaks in Scotland, with an excellent course next to the village itself and a range of other clubs dotted around, but well within driving distance.
For those looking to explore the area at a more relaxed pace, there’s a good selection of historical attractions within easy reach. There’s Braemar castle close by, which has a bronze-age sword on display, and tartan once worn by Bonnie Prince Charlie. Of course, if you’re looking for a royal experience, Balmoral is just a few miles away. As well as the castle itself, you can see the excellent grounds and gardens, and pay a visit to the popular café.
Whether getting active, visiting attractions or seeing the famous highland games – at The Braemar Gathering – you’ll find a warm welcome and traditional hospitality at the Fife Arms Hotel. From the Scottish cuisine in the Restaurant and the whiskies in the bar, to the roaring fire in the lounge and the comfortable beds in the guest rooms, everything is designed to offer excellent breaks in the Scottish Highlands.
Where is the Fife Arms Hotel?
The Fife Arms Hotel is in the centre of the village of Braemar, on the A93 – which runs through the Cairngorm National Park, between Perth (50 miles away) and Aberdeen (55 miles away). The nearest railway station is in Pitlochry, though there are also bus links to the west toward Aberdeen – where you’ll also find the nearest airport.
What’s worth visiting in Braemar?
- Balmoral: April - July – A royal residence since the days of Queen Victoria, Balmoral has spectacular grounds, beautifully-kept gardens and fascinating exhibitions to visit while the queen is not in residence.
- Braemar Gathering: September – One of the most famous Highland Games, this has a royal seal of approval, as the queen herself attends to see all the traditional competitions, music and dancing.
- Golf – Braemar has an excellent course (the highest in Scotland), while there are others in Banchory and Dalmunzie, among many more.
- Bag a Munro – The Cairngorms National Park is home to several impressive peaks, including Cairn Gorm itself and Ben Macdui – both providing an exhilarating challenge for experienced climbers
- Braemar Creative Arts Festival: October – This award-winning four-day festival features a wide range of workshops, events and exhibitions, covering art, music, literature and more.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Restaurant at the Fife Arms Hotel is light and open, with traditional décor throughout and a menu that features classic British cooking, as well as a few dishes with a more international flavour. You can enjoy a pre-dinner glass of wine or a hot drink in the comfort of the beautiful guest lounge. And, in the public bar, there’s an excellent selection of whiskies to sample, as well as a range of other spirits, beers and wines – and a bar menu of light meals and snacks.
Breakfast: 8am – 9.30am
Lunch: 12noon – 2pm
Bar meals served until 9pm Saturday & Sunday
Dinner: 6pm – 8pm
Features at a glance
- Grand 19th century county house hotel
- Period features & classic Scottish style
- Comfortable double, triple and family rooms
- Beautiful setting for activity breaks in the Highlands
- Within easy reach of Balmoral Castle
- Popular public bar area
- Comfortable lounge with large fireplace
- Restaurant serving traditional Scottish food
- Family-friendly hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ample guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 10am.
- For details and availability of any accessible rooms, please contact our booking team.
- To check availability of triple or family rooms, please call our sales team on 08430 55 44 33.
- Dogs are not permitted in the hotel.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Fife Arms Hotel is a favourite among easy-breaks.com customers – and it’s easy to see why. It offers great value accommodation, with a truly fantastic location. Of course, Balmoral Castle is an extremely popular attraction through the Spring and Summer, as is the Braemar Gathering later in the year, but the area is worth visiting the year round for its stunning scenery alone. For great deals on breaks in the highlands, the Fife Arms Hotel is an excellent choice.”