A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
A bottle of Champagne on arrival
Dinner on One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine
Advanced Purchase - Bed and Breakfast
There are few more famous names in golf than Carnoustie. Its Championship course is one of the game’s finest and most challenging, and has hosted the most prestigious competitions attracting the biggest names in the sport. Looking onto the course is the magnificent four-star Carnoustie Golf Hotel, an iconic building that provides one of Scotland’s ultimate destinations for luxury golf breaks.
The hotel enjoys a wonderfully picturesque position, overlooking the 1st and 18th tees of the Championship course, across to Carnoustie Bay. For serious golfers, there are few more challenging or prestigious courses in the country, yet it’s not the only course in town, with both The Burnside and Buddon Links offering their own unique experiences. A short drive offers a wealth of other courses in the area – and if one PGA Championship standard course isn’t enough, St Andrews is well within day-trip distance.
However, the hotel offers much more than a destination for golf. The town is home to a beach, with a family-friendly Sandy Sensation play adventure play area ideal for keeping kids active. The city of Dundee is just a short drive along the coast and boasts a great range of attractions, from the historic ship Discovery to the Science centre – along with a good selection of shops, restaurants and nightlife.
Inside the hotel itself, the classic decoration and furnishings combine to deliver a timeless feel and a touch of class. Yet the amenities are more modern than you might expect, with a modern health and fitness club featuring swimming pool and gym. The spa facilities ensure you can truly unwind, with pampering treatments delivered in the calming surrounds of the treatment rooms.
Whether you spend the day playing one of the courses, exploring Angus or getting pampered in the spa, you can end the day with a fine meal in the award-winning restaurant and a relaxing drink in the comfortable bar area.
Where is the Carnoustie Golf Hotel?
The Links, Carnoustie, Angus, Scotland, DD7 7JE
The Carnoustie Golf Hotel is situated just off the A930, a few miles east of Dundee. Golf Street railway station is just a two-minute walk from the hotel, while the town’s main station is only a little further away. While Dundee Airport is the closest to the hotel, around half and hour’s drive away, there is a wider range of routes into Aberdeen (65 miles away) and Edinburgh (70 miles away).
What’s worth visiting in Angus?
- Golf – A visit to Carnoustie wouldn’t be complete without at least one round on the Carnoustie Links, whether on the famed Championship course,The Burnside and Buddon Links, while there are many other courses in the area.
- RRS Discovery – The last traditional wooden ship to be constructed in Britain, the Discovery was the ship that took Scott and Shackleton to the Antarctic, and is now home to a fascinating museum.
- Glamis Castle – Once home to the Queen Mother, this category A listed building dates back to the 17th century and today offers visitors a range of intriguing exhibits, as well as beautiful grounds, a café and nature trail.
What is there to do at the hotel?
One of the best hotels in Scotland for golf breaks, the Carnoustie Golf Hotel is just a few feet from the 1st tee of the Championship course, and just a short walk from The Burnside and Buddon Links courses too. Staff at the hotel are on hand to book tee times, arrange equipment or organise some tuition.
The hotel also boasts the Club Carnoustie Leisure Club & Spa, which offers a wide range of facilities to help you unwind. You can enjoy a dip in the swimming pool, let the heat of the sauna or steam room ease any stresses, or kick back in the Jacuzzi. If you’re feeling energetic, the hotel’s gym comes equipped with everything you need to work up a sweat.
For those looking for the indulgent luxury of spa breaks, the Carnoustie Hotel is the place to be. With tranquil, sumptuous treatment rooms and relaxation area, plus an extensive range of Elemis treatments, massages and facials, you can get truly pampered.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
With the Calders Bistro, the hotel offers an award-winning standard of dining experience. The seating area is elegantly decorated, but light and open, with wonderful views across the golf course and out to sea for you to enjoy while you dine. The kitchen delivers a true taste of Scotland, making the most of fresh, local ingredients to offer a range of traditional local dishes that balance robust and sophisticated flavours.
Breakfast: 7am – 10am (7.30am – 10.30am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Bar meals served all day
Dinner: 7pm – 9pm
Features at a glance
- Luxury four-star hotel & spa
- Stunning location overlooking famous championship course
- Within a few hundred metres of sandy beaches
- Close to three excellent links golf courses
- Excellent location for golf breaks in Scotland
- 85 well proportioned rooms and suites
- Swimming pool, sauna & steam room
- Modern gym with good selection of equipment
- Sumptuous Spa offering Elemis treatments
- Comprehensive room service menu
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- For wheelchair accessible rooms, please contact us to check details and availability.
- To book family rooms or junior suites please get in touch.
- Dogs welcome, charged at £15 per dog per night (please, pay this supplement directly at the hotel)
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a four-star hotel with lovely facilities, like a swimming pool and spa, not to mention a great restaurant and bar. But it’s the setting that sets it apart. Being just a few feet from the 1st and 18th tees on the championship course puts the hotel within touching distance of golfing legend – making it one of the best hotels in for golf breaks in Scotland. But there’s more to Angus than golf. With a beautiful coastline a stone’s throw from the hotel, and a local area that transforms from rolling countryside to dramatic mountain and glens within a few short miles, it’s also a great hotel for walking holidays, hiking breaks and a range of other outdoor activity holidays.”
**Refurbishment works will be taking place throughout the hotel, expected to be completed by the 30th April. Building work will be carried out in the hotel which will include guest bedrooms, hallways and some public areas of the hotel.
For further information of the work please contact the hotel.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.**