New Year Offer
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine on the first evening
Activity Break - Montrose Basin Visitor Centre
Entry to one attraction in Montrose
The town of Montrose is a picturesque and charming place to visit, not only home to miles of blue flag sandy beaches, but also an excellent destination for golf breaks in Scotland. With an excellent location and a good standard of guest accommodation, the Links Hotel offers an ideal setting for a range of relaxing breaks.
The hotel was built in 1875 and retains much of its original Edwardian charm, with traditional style décor throughout the reception and public areas – including a beautiful stained glass window at the head of the main staircase.
While it’s just a few minutes’ walk from the town’s bustling high street and railway station, the hotel enjoys a quiet location next to a pleasant park, called the Mid Links, while local attractions like the Montrose Museum are just a short walk. The town is home to two golf courses, which are both nearby, including the Medal Course, which is reported to be the fifth oldest course in the world. The wider area is ideal for golfers, too, with a great range of courses including the renowned Carnoustie just 20 miles away.
The hotel offers a comfortable base for exploring the area, whether you’re looking to explore nature at the nearby tidal basin, take a long walk along the beach or head north to go bird watching on the cliffs at St Cyrus. If you want to discover history, The House of Dun and Montrose Air Station offer glimpses into different eras in the past, while the distillery at Fettercairn is one of the oldest in Scotland and a must-see stop on any whiskey tour.
At the end of the day, you can enjoy a fusion of French and Scottish cuisines in the fine dining restaurant, or a local whiskey in the cosy Cocktail Bar, or simply unwind in the comfortable and traditional surroundings of your room.
Where is The Links Hotel?
The Links Hotel is close to Montrose town centre, at Mid Links on Mill Street. The town’s railway station is less than half a mile away, well within walking distance. The nearest airport is Dundee, around 35 miles away, although there may be more flights available to Aberdeen Airport, which is about 45 miles to the north.
What’s worth visiting in Angus?
- Fettercairn Distillery – Having been in operation since 1824, this is one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries and is still working to produce premium single malt whisky today.
- House of Dun – This Georgian mansion house features fascinating and beautiful historical exhibits, and is surrounded by stunning landscaped gardens and grounds.
- Montrose Basin – As a large tidal basin, this reserve is the natural habitat for a wide range of wildlife and birdlife, providing a fantastic site for bird watching and nature walks.
- Montrose Music Festival: May – Known as MoFest, this weekend music festival brings a range of great acts to the town, including the likes of Status Quo in the past years.
- Arbroath Sea Fest: August – This two-day festival celebrates the town’s relationship with the sea, offering a wealth of stalls offering local specialities (chiefly including the Arbroath Smokie), arts and crafts, as well as street theatre and musical performances.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The A La Carte Restaurant at the Links Hotel is a former AA Rosette holder, offering an exciting menu that blends Scottish cuisine and ingredients with French influence for a fine dining experience. The dining room offers an elegant setting for formal lunches or dinners with period detailing complemented by traditional furnishings and décor.
For a lighter bite or a quiet coffee, the hotel also features a Coffee House, where you can relax in the informal atmosphere and enjoy something quick from the Lounge Menu. At the end of a busy day, you can unwind in the refined but informal surroundings of the intimate Cocktail Bar, with a glass of wine, a local whiskey or a classic cocktail.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am (8am – 10am Sunday)
Lunch: 12noon – 12.30 (snacks served until 5pm)
Dinner: 6pm – 9pm (until 9.30pm Saturday)
Features at a glance
- Traditional hotel near Montrose town centre
- Ideally located for town’s golf courses
- Within walking distance of sandy beaches
- 25 comfortably appointed rooms
- A La Carte Restaurant
- Relaxed Coffee House lounge
- Intimate and informal Cocktail Bar
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Ample free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel offers some ground floor disabled access rooms – please contact us to check details and availability.
- Small, well-behaved dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £10 per stay.
To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Links Hotel in Montrose enjoys a great location near the town centre, putting most of the town’s attractions within walking distance. If you’re looking for an authentic Scottish experience, this traditional hotel provides a great base for golf breaks and whiskey tours, with good value accommodation and a pleasant setting.”