Breakfast & Dinner
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine with dinner on the first evening
Sunday Night Deal
Breakfast & Dinner
The coastal town of Ayr has been a popular tourist destination for many years, with the sandy beach, proud heritage and engaging attractions drawing people from across Scotland and beyond. The Horizon Hotel offers a modern, yet comfortable destination for your visit to the town, with an excellent location and a good standard of guest accommodation.
The hotel is situated right on the seafront, just a few feet from the town’s Esplanade and beach. As such, the stylish, contemporary restaurant and bar doesn’t just offer excellent food and drink, but a wonderful view across the water toward the isle of Arran. Despite being close to the water’s edge, the hotel is also conveniently situated for Ayr town centre, which is just a short walk away – offering easy access to attractions like the historic Gaiety Theatre or the busy Ayr Central shopping centre.
The area offers rich heritage and history to explore, not least because of its most famous resident, Robert Burns. The poet’s birthplace is the site of a museum dedicated to his life and work, a few miles from the hotel – while other attractions within a short drive include Culzean Castle, Dundonald Castle and Rozelle House.
For horseracing fans, the hotel is less than two miles from the town’s racecourse, which is Scotland’s biggest racing venue and home to both the Scottish Grand National and the Ayr Gold Cup, together with a range of other national hunt and flat racing events.
Ayrshire’s other great sporting pursuit is golf – making the Horizon Hotel an ideal base for golf breaks in Scotland. There are a good selection of courses within easy reach, including the courses at Bellisle, Seafield and Dalmilling, while it's only a short drive from the hotel to visit and play many more – including the famous Royal Troon Club, with its two courses just a few miles up the coast.
Where is the Horizon Hotel?
The hotel is on the Esplanade, just south of Ayr harbour – and around a mile from the A77, which leads toward Glasgow. The town centre, where you’ll find the railway station is an easy walk from the hotel, less than a mile away. Prestwick Airport is just four miles away, though there is a wider range of services available at Glasgow Airport, which is around 40 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Ayrshire?
- Rozelle House – This grade A listed mansion dates back to the 18th century, and today houses a permanent collection of paintings by the renowned artist, Alexander Goudie, as well as other museum exhibits and a café.
- 2016 Open Championship: July – The nearby town of Troon will play host to the biggest names in golf, as they compete for one of the most celebrated and high-profile prizes in the game.
- Scottish Grand National: April – The racecourse plays host to a number of events throughout the year, but this is surely the biggest, drawing a capacity 18,000-strong crowd.
- Burns National Heritage Park – This park brings the cottage where Burns lived together with a modern museum focused on the poet’s life and work, together with a range of other attractions.
- Scottish Maritime Museum – This museum, in the nearby town of Irvine includes an excellent range of exhibits and artefacts telling the story of Scots at sea.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel features the Vista Restaurant & Bar, named for the spectacular view you can enjoy from the large windows at the front of the dining area. It offers modern surroundings for eating and drinking, with stylish decoration and chic furnishings. The cuisine is just as contemporary, mixing comforting classics with more far-flung flavours, on a menu where fresh, local ingredients are used wherever possible.
Breakfast: 7.30am – 9.30am (8am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch/Dinner: 12noon – 9pm (Light bites served until 4pm)
Features at a glance
- Modern hotel on Ayr seafront
- Close to central Ayr
- Stunning seafront views
- Ideal hotel for Ayr races
- Modern stylish Vista Restaurant & Bar
- Room service menu available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 10.30am.
- The hotel offers ground floor rooms adapted for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- To book a family room, please get in touch with our customer service team.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £10 per night.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Judged by the view alone, the Horizon Hotel would probably be the best hotel in Ayr. From a lovely seaside spot not far from Ayr town-centre, the hotel looks out over the water toward Arran. However, it’s a lovely hotel inside, too – offering clean, modern style and a good standard of accommodation. Whether you’re visiting the town centre, playing golf or discovering Robert Burns’ heritage, the hotel offers a great location for doing it all.”