Breakfast & Dinner
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Afternoon Tea Break
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
The Marine Hotel is a luxury four-star hotel in Troon, a small town on the south west coast of Scotland. It’s a stunning locale that’s ideal for getting away from it all, yet it’s also easily accessible, with Glasgow just a short journey by car or train.
The hotel boasts traditional grandeur and sophisticated style, with period detailing and elegant décor throughout the interiors, from the reception area and restaurant to the tastefully appointed guest rooms. It enjoys a peaceful setting on the south side of Troon, nestled between two golf courses – and overlooks the 18th green of the Old Course of the Royal Troon Golf Club, which often hosts the Open (including 2016). Another Open host, the Turnberry, is within driving distance and there are many more excellent courses across the region just waiting to be played.
Of course, you don’t need to be a golfer to enjoy the spectacular scenery. The surrounding countryside provides ample opportunity for getting into the great outdoors, whether on foot or on your bike. If you want to take to the water, Troon is a renowned sailing destination and home to one of the country’s most popular marinas.
The south west of Scotland’s most famous son is Robert Burns, the country’s foremost poet. His birthplace is now home to a park full of attractions, from the cottage to where he lived to a modern museum – all of which is just a few miles away from the hotel.
There is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area, but with excellent leisure facilities in the hotel, you don’t even need to leave to have a busy break. There’s a swimming pool for those that like to take a dip, as well as excellent fitness facilities if you want to stay in shape. If you’re looking for a luxury setting for spa breaks, the Marine Hotel Troon can provide, with plush beauty rooms where you can enjoy a range of pampering treatments. And at the end of it all, you can enjoy dining in the elegant Truin Restaurant.
Where is the Marine Hotel?
8 Crosbie Road
The Marine Hotel is on Crosbie Road, to the South of the town of Troon. It is close to both the A78 – which heads up the coast and the A77, which leads onto the M77 and onto Glasgow. The town’s railway station is less than a mile away from the hotel, while Prestwick Airport is within a few miles (Glasgow Airport is around 30 miles away).
What’s worth visiting in Ayrshire?
- Dundonald Castle – A fortified tower house dating back to the 14th century, today the castle is ruined, but a popular tourist attraction with a visitor centre – and is also the home to Highland Games every August.
- Scottish Grand National: April – This showpiece event is the highlight of the calendar at the nearby Ayr Racecourse, drawing around 18,000 spectators.
- Burns National Heritage Park – Step into the landscape that inspired Scotland’s national poet, in the park that’s home to the cottage where he once lived, together with a museum celebrating his life and history.
- Scottish Maritime Museum – Discover the country’s long relationship with the sea at this fascinating museum in Irvine, a short drive away.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel features an excellent range of facilities to help you unwind, whether you’re looking to stay in shape or you’d prefer the pampering of luxury spa breaks.
There’s a good-sized indoor pool to take a dip in, as well as spa pool, steam room and sauna where you can ease any aches and pains. If you like to start the day with a workout, there’s a well-equipped fitness suite with all the latest machines, along with squash courts and a studio with a busy programme of classes.
For a more relaxed and luxurious experience, the spa facilities are second-to-none – with dedicated beauty rooms providing truly sumptuous surroundings. There’s an excellent range of treatments on offer, from full therapies and exotic massages, to manicures and waxing.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Truin restaurant provides a fine dining experience at an award-winning standard. The menu offers a modern take on Scottish cuisine, with a few international dishes amongst the more familiar flavours – all created from seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. The dining area is a bright and open space, with large windows over-looking the fantastic scenery, while elegant décor and furnishings give the area a refined feel.
The Arran Bar is a traditionally styled and comfortable lounge bar, serving snacks and light meals, afternoon tea and a wonderful selection of whiskies, wines and beers.
Breakfast: 7am – 10.30am (until 11am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: 12.30pm – 2.30pm (from 12noon Sunday)
Dinner: 5pm – 10pm (until 9pm Sunday)
Features at a glance
- Luxury four-star hotel in Scotland
- Traditional and elegant building
- Peaceful setting with good transport links
- 89 well appointed guest rooms
- Ideal setting for golf breaks in Scotland
- Elegant but laid-back Arran Bar
- 24-hour room service menu
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Fitness facilities and classes
- Swimming pool, sauna & steam room
- Beauty suite for luxury spa breaks
- Ample free parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel offers some wheelchair accessible rooms – please contact us to check details and availability.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“The area around Troon is often called Scotland’s golf coast. Once you visit the wonderful Marine Hotel and see its location, you’ll understand why. You’ll find it set just between two golf courses, looking out onto the world-famous Royal Troon Old Course. Beyond St Andrews, there are few more iconic golf break destinations in Scotland – but with four-star accommodation and excellent facilities, it’s also a great hotel for luxury spa breaks and romantic weekends.”