Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Entertainment Break - Scottish Nights
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Entertainment Break - Dinner Dance and Tributes
Entertainment Break - Tribute Nights
A family-run hotel in the centre of Dumfries, the Cairndale offers an excellent base for romantic weekends, leisure breaks and long weekends. While it’s a Victorian Hotel with the distinctive architecture of its time, inside the style, service and facilities are much more modern, offering everything you need for a relaxing stay in a beautiful area of Scotland.
Dumfries town centre is a vibrant and bustling place to explore, with a good variety of shops, as well as an excellent theatre and a range of bars and restaurants. The town been home for many famous residents, but few have left more of a legacy than Robert Burns. Today the poet is commemorated at the house where he once lived, a visitor centre celebrating his works and the renowned Globe Inn – which has hosted an annual Burns Supper for more than 125 years. With an excellent location in the heart of the town, the Cairndale offers the perfect base for seeing it all.
If you’d prefer to get out of the town, the region offers a wealth of possibility. The area is well suited to a range of outdoor pursuits, from walking or mountain biking in the beautiful forests, to bird watching and water sports on the stunning coastline. It’s also a popular destination for golf – in fact, there are so many excellent courses that the hotel even boasts its own golf coordinator to help arrange tee times and equipment hire, making it among the best hotels for golf breaks in Dumfries and Galloway.
You don’t need to leave the hotel to get busy, thanks to the well appointed leisure club. Guests can take a dip in the pool, or hit the gym for a workout, before unwinding with an indulgent treatment in the spa facilities. For food and drink, the hotel boasts three different options, with an elegant restaurant, a relaxed bar & grill and a café bar next to the leisure club. So whether you’re looking for a base for golf breaks or activity holidays, a comfortable setting for a leisure break or a family-friendly hotel in the centre of Dumfries, the Cairndale Hotel has it covered.
Where is the Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club?
English Street, Dumfries, Scotland, DG1 2DF
The hotel is situated on English Street, in the centre of Dumfries, where the A780 and A709 meet – not far from the A75, which skirts around the town centre. The railway station is just five minutes’ walk from the hotel, where you can find regular services to Glasgow in the north and Carlisle to the south. The nearest airport is Glasgow, 80 miles away, although Newcastle Airport is only a little further from the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Dumfries?
- Golf – The area around Dumfries is well served with golf courses, with dozens of courses within driving distance. Bring your clubs and take your pick.
- Gretna Gateway Outlet Village – For anyone who enjoys a spot of retail therapy, this outlet village offers a wealth of opportunities to hunt out a designer bargain.
- Robert Burns Experiences – Scotland’s bard is today commemorated in several sites in the town where he lived and worked, with the Robert Burns Centre (which includes its own art house cinema) and Robert Burns House both worth a visit.
- Westlands Activity Centre – With a range of outdoor activities, from quad biking to paintball, this centre has something for the whole family.
- Eden Festival: June – Dubbed ‘Scotland’s Boutique Festival’, this three-day event offers a family-friendly brand of music festival, with a circus tent, drive-in cinema and a wide range of different performances.
- Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival: May – This 10-day festival offers an eclectic programme of performances, including drama, comedy, visual arts, dance, music and much more.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel features the Barracuda Leisure Club, where you can enjoy a dip in the 14-metre heated swimming pool, ease into the spa pool or let the heat of the sauna or steam room get to work on any tired or tight muscles. If you’d prefer to unwind with something more strenuous, the club also offers a fully air conditioned gym, which includes treadmills, rowing machines and weights equipment – in short, everything you need for a proper work out.
For those looking to truly unwind, the Barracuda Club features Spa facilities, with tastefully designed treatment rooms where you can enjoy a wide range of therapies and treatments, including aromatherapy, massage and beauty treatments.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Cairndale Hotel offers three different options for dining and drinking, ensuring that there’s something for everyone. The Reivers Restaurant provides a fine dining experience, with an elegant and tastefully decorated environment, well suited for enjoying a selection from a menu of traditional Scottish and British dishes.
For something a little more casual, Sawney Bean’s Grill & Bar is a relaxed and informal bar with a menu of classic, comforting bar meals, together with a good selection of beers, wines and whiskies. It’s ideal for a quick bite at lunchtime, or a drink with friends in the evening.
Whether you’ve spent the morning out and about in town or you’re taking a break from the gym, the Forum Café next to the Barracuda Leisure Club offers an excellent selection of light bites, snacks and drinks.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am (7.30am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Café and Bar open throughout the day into the evening
Dinner: 7pm – 9.30pm
Features at a glance
- Victorian Hotel in Dumfries town centre
- Exceptional leisure facilities
- Traditionally decorated guest rooms
- Ideal hotel for Golf breaks in Scotland
- Regular entertainment evenings
- Fine dining Reivers Restaurant
- Relaxed and informal Sawney Bean’s Grill & Bar
- Forum Café adjacent to Leisure Club
- Barracuda Leisure Club
- 14-metre swimming pool
- Spa pool, sauna and steam room
- Air conditioned gym
- Spa facilities offering a range of treatments
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 11am.
- For disabled access rooms, please contact us to check details and availability.
- To book family rooms, deluxe rooms or suites, please get in touch with our customer service team.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £10 per night.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“The Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club manages to strike a great balance between old and new. It looks like a Victorian hotel from the outside, but there’s plenty that might surprise you inside – from the leisure club and swimming pool, to three different options for food and drink. Whether you need a hotel in the centre of Dumfries or you’re looking for a base for exploring the beautiful region of Dumfries and Galloway, the Cairndale should suit you perfectly.”