Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Simply Bed and Breakfast
With views of the Solway Firth, Hetland Hall Hotel’s countryside location makes it an ideal retreat. The hotel’s 30 bedrooms range from standard bedrooms to impressive four poster bedrooms and are all decorated to a high standard with a flat screen television and tea/coffee making facilities.
Set in 18 acres of parkland, Hetland Hall Hotel feels secluded yet is just 15 minutes from Dumfries, making it a great base for exploring Burns’ country, the Scottish Borders and the Lake District beyond.
Hetland’s Copper Beech restaurant serves Scottish fayre in traditional surrounds. Throughout the day, guests can dine in the lounge or enjoy a drink in the vibrant cocktail bar.
Where is Hetland Hall Hotel?
Carrutherstown, Dumfries DG1 4JX
Hetland Hall Hotel is located just eight miles from Dumfries on the main A75 Euroroute and just 15 miles from Gretna Green, the M74 motorway and the English border.
What’s worth visiting in Carrutherstown, Dumfries & Galloway?
- Robert Burns Attractions – Visit Dumfries where Scotland’s bard once lived and is today commemorated at several sites in the town such as Robert Burns Centre (which includes its own art house cinema) and Robert Burns’ House.
- Westlands Activity Centre – With a range of outdoor activities, from quad biking to paintball, this centre has something for the whole family.
- Eden Festival: June – Dubbed ‘Scotland’s Boutique Festival’, this three day event offers a family-friendly environment, with a circus tent, drive-in cinema and a wide range of different performances.
- Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival: May – This 10 day festival offers an eclectic programme of performances, including drama, comedy, visual arts, dance, music and much more.
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
Dine on traditional Scottish dishes in Copper Beech restaurant, which prides itself on its use of fresh, local produce. A less formal atmosphere can be found in the hotel’s cosy lounge that is complete with squishy sofas and a roaring fire, and has a menu of pub grub style meals and light snacks. The cocktail bar serves a range of tempting refreshments – perfect for an aperitif!
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30 (Mon to Sat) 08:00 – 10:00 (Sun)
Features at a glance:
- Countryside location
- Traditional country house hotel
- Copper Beech restaurant
- Cocktail bar
- Dog friendly
- Free parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Hetland Hall Hotel is a fantastic base for exploring Dumfries and Galloway. From its lovely bedrooms to its homely Scottish cooking, it’s a real gem in the heart of one of Scotland’s most interesting areas. If you love wildlife (you can spot red squirrels in the gardens!), history and heritage – then this is the place for you.”