Murder Mystery Break
Wine and Dine
A glass of wine with dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
A charming 19th century building, with a prime location right next to the River Clyde, The Argyll Hotel, Dunoon is ideal for exploring the town of Dunoon. The individually decorated rooms are all packed with charm and offer a flat screen television, tea/coffee making facilities and free WiFi.
The historic town of Dunoon is situated on the scenic Cowal Peninsula and shows many reminders of its legacy as a Victorian resort, most notably in its attractive pier and promenade.
The hotel has two restaurants, one with a menu of pub grub favourites as well as a range of curries, and Rio, which has a Mediterranean inspired menu, filled with hearty Italian dishes and Spanish tapas.
Where is The Argyll Hotel, Dunoon?
Argyll Street, Dunoon PA23 7NE
From Glasgow, take the M8 to Greenock and follow signs to Gourock. Take the Western Ferry Service (three per hour) at McInroys Point, just two miles south of Gourock. From the ferry terminal, turn left and continue along the promenade. When you near the next roundabout you will see the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Dunoon?
- Puck’s Glen – This picturesque forest trail leads you through winding walkways and past gorges that are interwoven with waterfalls and shallow pools.
- Castle House Museum – Opposite the pier, the imposing Castle House Museum’s well-kept gardens and interesting exhibitions from the Neolithic period and beyond are a must visit.
- Sea Kayak Argyll – Offering guided tours along Argyll’s scenic coastline, sea kayaking is an exciting way to take in the surrounding views. Along with this, the company also offer training in mountain-biking and climbing.
- Historic Kilmun – Just 10 minutes from Dunoon, this church and mausoleum was built in 1790 and is now open to visitors to discover the sculptures and history within…
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
It is suffice to say that all bases are covered in the hotel’s two restaurants. The Argyll Restaurant has an extensive menu of British favourites along with a menu of Indian curries and pakora. Rio, its second restaurant, has a varied selection of Italian pizza, pasta and meat dishes as well as a Spanish tapas menu. Both offer modern, bright interiors for enjoying an evening meal.
Breakfast: 07:30-09:30 (Mon to Fri) 08:00-10:00 (Sat to Sun)
Features at a glance:
- Central location
- 19th century building
- The Argyll Restaurant
- Rio Restaurant
- Parking available nearby
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“The Argyll Hotel, Dunoon enjoys wonderful views of the River Clyde. It offers plenty of dining options with friendly service, along with cosy bedrooms to return to after a day of exploring this beautiful part of Scotland.”