A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Sunday Night Hotel Deal
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine
All Inclusive Break
Two drinks vouchers per person per night
The Esplanade Hotel is a traditional seaside hotel, situated on the attractive West Bay Promenade in the charming town of Dunoon. All of the tastefully decorated bedrooms have televisions and tea-making facilities.
The historic town of Dunoon is situated on the scenic Cowal Peninsula and shows many reminders of its legacy as a Victorian resort, most notably in its attractive pier and promenade. The town is surrounded by dramatic countryside, with plenty of opportunities for active pursuits and scenic walks.
Serving plenty of local produce, Esplanade Hotel’s restaurant has a menu of classic Scottish and local dishes. It offers a relaxed atmosphere in stylish surroundings with dramatic views of the Clyde that can be enjoyed as you dine.
Where is Esplanade Hotel?
West Bay, Dunoon PA23 7HU
Take the M74 from the south and M8 from the east. Follow signs for Glasgow M8 and Greenock M8 and then take the A8 through Port Glasgow, Greenock to Gourock. Take the Western Ferry Service (three per hour) at McInroys Point, just two miles south of Gourock. On arrival in Dunoon, turn left out of the ferry terminal to the centre of Dunoon and the main pier. Continue past the pier and the Rock Cafe, up the hill and take the first left. Turn left at the foot of the avenue and you will find Esplanade Hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Dunoon?
- Puck’s Glen – This picturesque forest trail leads you through winding walkways and past gorges that are interwoven with waterfalls and shallow pools.
- Castle House Museum – Opposite the pier, the imposing Castle House Museum’s well-kept gardens and interesting exhibitions from the Neolithic period and beyond are a must visit.
- Sea Kayak Argyll – Offering guided tours along Argyll’s scenic coastline, sea kayaking is an exciting way to take in the surrounding views. Along with this, the company also offer training in mountain-biking and climbing.
- Historic Kilmun – Just 10 minutes from Dunoon, this church and mausoleum was built in 1790 and is now open to visitors to discover the sculptures and history within…
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
Guests can dine with views of the River Clyde, in the Esplanade’s spacious and bright dining room or in the cosy lounge bar. Its menu is filled with fresh Scottish dishes and lots of local favourites.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30 (Mon to Fri) 08:00 – 10:00 (Sat to Sun)
Lunch: 12:00 – 14:00
Dinner: 18:00 – 20:30
Features at a glance:
- Central, waterfront location
- Historic 3 star hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Perfectly positioned for some of the best views on the West Coast, the Esplanade Hotel is a great base for exploring Dunoon. Expect a warm welcome and a comfortable bedroom after your journey across the water!”