Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
A modern, comfortable and stylish setting for a city break in Scotland’s capital, the Edinburgh Capital Hotel offers a warm welcome for all.
It’s ideal, for anyone coming to the city to soak up culture at the world famous Edinburgh International Festival, to see a rugby match at Murrayfield, or simply to experience all the best that Edinburgh has to offer.
Central Edinburgh is easily accessible via a regular and quick bus service, or by taxi or car, yet the Edinburgh Capital Hotel is among Edinburgh’s best hotels for peace and tranquillity – as well as offering a fantastic view across Fife and to the west of the city.
The restaurant is called the Westview for good reason – from there you can look out and enjoy the sight, while you savour a meal, snack or drink in comfortable surroundings. Guests can also take advantage of an executive leisure facility, with gym, swimming pool and sauna.
With family rooms, a ‘young diner’s menu’ in the restaurant and even a children’s leisure club in the gym, this is a family friendly hotel close to Edinburgh Zoo and Deep Sea World, to Edinburgh Castle or Our Dynamic Earth – as well as a host of other attractions kids will love.
If you’re looking to explore more of Scotland, or further afield, your stay at the Capital Hotel Edinburgh can be just one stop on your journey – with the airport, railway station and major road network all within easy reach.
Discover the best deals on offer at the Edinburgh Capital Hotel >
Where is the Edinburgh Capital Hotel?
187 Clermiston Road
The Edinburgh Capital Hotel is in the west of the city, offering easy access to the city centre and its major attractions via a short bus or taxi ride. The airport is just 5 miles away and Haymarket is the nearest railway station, while the key routes to the west (M8) and to north (M90 and Forth Road Bridge) are a few minutes’ drive.
What’s worth visiting in Edinburgh?
• Edinburgh Zoo – Just a few minutes away on a direct bus route, the zoo is a family favourite, complete with the renowned Pandas.
• The festival city – Not just one world-famous festival, but a collection of festivals, with jazz and science, drama and comedy, music and food all on offer during Edinburgh’s festival season.
• Edinburgh Dungeon – See some gruesome and chilling tales from Edinburgh’s past brought to life.
• Deep Sea World – Just over the Forth, see sharks, rays and eels (not to mention hundreds of other sea-dwellers) like you’ve never seen them before – from a huge underwater tunnel.
• Rugby at Murrayfield – Home of Scottish Rugby, Murrayfield plays host to six nations and autumn international matches.
What is there to do at the hotel?
With the Capital Fitness Gym on the premises, anyone staying at the Capital Hotel can get active without leaving the building – with a fully-equipped gym (with cardio equipment, resistance training machines and free-weights), the 17-metre indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Westview Restaurant offers a modern and stylish setting for dining, snacks and drinks, with picture windows the length of the building providing magnificent views across the west of the city, from the Pentland hills across to the Firth of Forth.
You can get the day started with a continental breakfast, or take your pick from the full Scottish breakfast buffet. Throughout the day, a variety of light meals, sandwiches and snacks are on offer in the bar area, while afternoon tea is a great way to enjoy the view.
The Westview restaurant serves lunch and dinner, with a selection of contemporary local and international dishes, prepared using high quality ingredients from Scotland’s larder.
Features at a glance
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
• 111 en-suite rooms available
• Fax and photocopying services available (at a charge)
• Contemporary restaurant with a fantastic view
• Modern, stylish bar
• Extensive room service menu
• Digital television and radio
• In-room safe for laptops and valuables
• Fully-equipped gym
• Excellent swimming pool and sauna
• Late checkout times can be arranged in advance, at a supplement
• Free parking –100 spaces
• Family friendly hotel
• High chairs and cots available free of charge
• Kitchen caters for special diets (advanced notice is preferred)
What else do I need to know?
• Check in after 2.00pm, Check out by 11.00am.
• Hotel has level access and 4 specially-modified ground floor guestrooms, while most public areas are fully accessible – please call easy-breaks on 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com to check details and availability.
• Some family rooms are available – please call easy-breaks on 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check details, availability and any possible kids’ deals.
• Guide dogs are welcome at the hotel, but pets are not permitted.
“Whether you’re visiting Edinburgh as a couple or with the family, this is a great base for visiting the city. There’s plenty of free parking and there are lots of quick buses into the centre of town on the doorstep – so it’s easy to go and see all the sights without worrying about where to leave the car.”
The hotel reviews contained within this site are solely the opinions of easy-breaks.com customers and do not reflect opinions or positions of easy-breaks.com.View all 6 customer reviews...