The price could not be beaten, the position from the station was very close, the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to please. The room allthough it was a standard room was large and comfortable. I had read other reviews about the noise, having a room that was faceing the main road, we didn't think it was a problem. I would have no problem using the hotel any time in the future....
Why stay at Thistle Edinburgh, The King James?
The King James hotel is ideally placed for those looking for a break in Edinburgh city centre. This 4 star hotel is only a short stroll away from Princes Street and is easily accessible from Edinburgh Waverley Rail Station. Edinburgh Castle, Royal Mile and the Playhouse Theatre are also within walking distance. The hotel has 143 bedrooms, all designed with comfort in mind. After a busy day exploring, enjoy a tasty meal in Craig’s Restaurant which offers a variety of Scottish and European dishes. For those looking for a quick snack or just want to relax with a couple of drinks, the Boston Bean Company Bar is open from noon until late every night. Look out for a range of special offers and late deals throughout the year at The King James through easy-breaks.com
- Excellent central location
- FREE! Wifi access available
- Edinburgh Castle
- A great day out for all the family, discover the rich history of the castle and marvel at the crown jewels!
- Royal Mile
- Experience the “Old Town” of Edinburgh and discover some of Edinburgh’s interesting stories and attractions as you walk from the castle to Holyrood Palace.
- Holyrood Palace
- Best known as the home of Mary Queen of Scots, explore her chambers before heading to the state residence, where the Queen official resides when in Scotland.
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Home to over 1000 different animals including the only giant pandas in the UK!
- Arthur’s Seat
- Climb to the to the top and witness panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area.
- Check in: 3pm
- Check out: 11am
- On site parking, charges may apply
- Guide dogs only
- Guest lift
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Craig's Restaurant, offers guests great food and friendly service in a relaxed contemporaray setting.
- Boston Bean Company, the perfect venue to enjoy a drink, snack or light meal.
- Tea/coffee Making Facilities
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Trouser Press
- Work Desk
- En suite facilities
- 0.2 miles from Edinburgh Waverley railway station
- 0.3 miles from Edinburgh bus station
- 9.6 miles from Edinburgh airport
Comfortable enough hotel, but oh dear! the noise. My room overlooked the top end of Leith Walk and traffic and people noise was chronic and persistent. Dining room opened at 6.30 pm - not good for theatre goers like me. I had the bar alternative - 1 course, and was charged for the coffee!! Doubtful if I would use it again....
Great location, friendly staff, good food, good price for Edinburgh. We will be using Easy Breaks and this hotel again. Ian H Ferguson...
Our stay at the King James was very pleasant indeed, From the minute we checked in till the minute we checked out the staff were helpful and very kind and polite and goodness knows where those negative reviews came from about rudeness and dated rooms and cold food etc. Nonsense. The room was clean, plenty spacious enough ,loads of hot water and quiet,bliss. The buffet breakfast lovely with the food cooked to perfection and not overly greasy like some places. I would like to thank all the s......