Simply Bed and Breakfast
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine with dinner
Ideally located in in the heart of Fife, Balbirnie House is a picturesque country house hotel set within 400 acres of beautiful parkland nearby the village of Markinch. This petite Grade A listed Georgian mansion offers a luxurious stay in a scenic spot, perfectly located halfway between St Andrews and Edinburgh.
There’s much to be explored within easy walking distance of Balbrinie House Hotel, including an excellent selection of jogging trails and woodland walks. Guests can discover a small slice of history within the hotel’s grounds with a visit to the stone circle and stob cross, while a short drive will reveal all the beauty of Fife’s winding coast, from its sea views to its quaint fishing villages.
The hotel’s central Fife location also provides easy access to some of Scotland’s most famous golf courses. What’s more, guests can take advantage of the challenging par 71 parkland golf course located right on their doorstep. There are also plenty of pampering opportunities on offer, thanks to the hotel’s resident massage therapist who offers a variety of relaxing treatments.
The Orangery restaurant serves a varied menu in an elegant, romantic setting while The Bistro is an excellent choice for informal dining. Guests can choose from a range of beautifully decorated rooms, including a selection of four poster and delux rooms. Each boasts a luxurious selection of amenities, such as Arran Aromatic Scottish toiletries, homemade cookies on the hospitality tray, Plasma TVs, super comfy duvets and fluffy towels.
Where is Balbirnie House Hotel?
Markinch Village, Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 6NE
Access via the M90, following signs for the Tay Road Bridge, before tuning onto the A92 towards Glenrothes. Turn right at the roundabout marked and follow signs to Markinch and Balbirnie Park.
What’s worth visiting in Fife?
- British Golf Museum – Take a trip to St Andrews to discover a fine museum chronicling the history of the popular sport.
- Isle of May– A fascinating nature reserve awaits only a short boat trip from the nearby coastal town of Anstruther.
- Kellie Castle – Explore the beautiful painted ceilings and atmospheric walled garden of this 14th century castle.
- Crail Food Festival: June – Visit the East Neuk during this annual event to sample a huge range of delicious fish dishes, from local specialities to exotic offerings.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Located right on the hotel’s doorstep is the challenging Balbirnie Park 18-hole golf course. There are also many more championship level courses within a short drive. For a relaxing treat within the comfort of their own room, guests can choose from a variety of massage therapies on offer from the resident therapist. As well as wonderful massage sessions with aromatherapy oils and bees wax balms, Elite Therapies also offers facials and beauty therapies.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Guests can sample classic Scottish dishes with a modern twist in The Orangery, which offers fine dining coupled with a relaxed, informal setting. Voted one of Scotland's five most romantic restaurants by The Scotsman newspaper, it’s also a popular choice for couples enjoying a romantic break.
Also on offer is The Bistro, a welcoming and friendly restaurant featuring plenty of casual dining options and authentic Bistro dishes. Balbirnie House also boasts a number of private dining rooms to suit a variety of party sizes and serves a traditional cream tea every afternoon.
Breakfast: 07:00 – 10:00
Lunch: 12:00 – 14:00
Traditional Cream Tea: 15:00 – 17:00
Dinner: 18:30 – 21:00
Features at a glance
- Choose from 31 luxurious bedrooms
- Charming bedroom Triplex apartment available
- Stay in a Grade A listed Georgian mansion
- Discover classic Scottish dishes at The Orangery
- Enjoy casual dining and a welcoming vibe in The Bistro
- 24 hour room service
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Free parking available for hotel guests
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00.
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for Deluxe or Twin rooms, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“With 400 acres of parkland, a gorgeous golf course on its doorstep and lovely landscaped gardens perfect for a romantic stroll, Balbirnie House Hotel is a real Scottish gem. It’s located between St Andrew and Edinburgh and offers easy access to the winding roads, quaint fishing villages and beaches of the Fife coastline. What’s more, it boasts two great restaurants and plenty of luxurious bedrooms to choose from.”