Round of golf
One x 25 minute spa treatment
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Put simply, the Fairmont St Andrews offers an exceptional standard of luxury accommodation. A five-star resort hotel set among a 520-acre estate just a few minutes along the coast from the town of St Andrews, it’s the perfect setting for luxury spa breaks, family holidays and great golf breaks in Scotland.
Inside, the hotel balances traditional but elegant Scottish style with cutting edge design and décor. So, while the reception area and lounge offer breath-taking grandeur with stunning art and a large open fire, the open spaces of the atrium and the hotel’s two bars are more contemporary spaces.
The real star at the Fairmont St Andrews is golf. The resort is home to two spectacular championship courses, both of which have hosted professional tournaments. Of course, any player visiting the home of golf could hardly pass up the chance of visiting the town’s Old Course, the oldest and perhaps most famous golf course in the world. If that isn’t enough, there are several more courses in or near the town, with many more around Fife within easy driving distance.
But there is more to St Andrews than golf. The town has plenty to offer visitors of all ages, from the fascinating historical ruins of the Castle, Cathedral and Blackfriars Chapel, to the town’s impressive aquarium and (during the summer months) the busy Craigtoun Park. As the home to one of the country’s most well renowned universities, St Andrews is also home to some excellent museums, including the Bell Pettigrew Museum, the Gateway Galleries and the Museum of University of St Andrews.
For those willing to go a little further, Fife offers a wealth of possibilities – from the charming seaside towns of Crail, Elie and Anstruther (where you can find some of the nation’s best fish and chips), to the amazing Secret Bunker, built deep underground during the cold war.
However, with the facilities on offer at the hotel, you may not feel like heading out. With a large pool and excellent gym, you can get active without stepping outside. And if you’re looking for some real luxury, the spa offers a sumptuous setting for indulgent pampering treatments.
When it comes to food and drink, you’ll be spoilt for choice. The resort offers no fewer than three restaurants, two bars and a large, comfortable lounge area. From a quick sandwich to an elegant afternoon tea, from a fresh taste of Italy to a classic taste of Scotland, and from a sophisticated cocktail to a warming dram after a round of golf, it's all on offer at the Fairmont St Andrews.
Where is the Fairmont St Andrews?
The resort is off the A917, around four miles to the east of the centre of St Andrews. The closest railway station is Leuchars, around 10 miles away – which is well serviced with regular buses – and the closest airport is in Edinburgh, approximately 45 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in St Andrews?
- British Golf Museum – When you’re not playing golf, you can explore the game’s roots at this engaging museum.
- Aquarium – Nestled on the shore within St Andrews, this excellent attraction is not only home to sea life, from exotic fish to Scottish seals, but also features meerkats, reptiles and creepy crawlies.
- Craigtoun Park – With family-friendly attractions and activities, together with some beautifully tended gardens, this country park is ideal for a day out during the spring and summer months.
- Highland Games: July – The ultimate traditional Scottish event, the day includes all the events you’d expect at a Highland Games, with piping, highland dancing and tossing the caber.
- Alfred Dunhill Links Championship: October – The European Tour comes to St Andrews for one of it's most prestigious events, putting some of the game’s best players through their paces on the Old Course.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The resort is home to two fantastic championship golf courses, the Torrance and the Kittocks.
The Torrance (named for Sam Torrance, who designed the course) is a par-72 course that stretches to 7230 yards and has hosted the Scottish Seniors Open several times. The Kittocks is also a par-72 course, at a slighter shorter 7192 yards and was awarded the Golf Club & Course Experience of the Year in 2013 by Golf Tourism Scotland. If you want to work on your swing before you hit the first tee, there are excellent practice facilities and expert tutors on hand, while an excellent pro shop offers any equipment, accessories or clothing you might need.
Within the hotel, the spa and fitness facilities are second to none. If you want to work up a sweat, the gym is well equipped with the latest technogym and startrac machines and free weights, while there’s a range of classes on offer. For those that like to start the day with a dip, the 16-metre pool is ideal, while the sauna, steam room and spa pool offer a great way to unwind.
However, for the ultimate de-stressing experience, there’s nothing like a trip to the spa. In one of the beautiful and tranquil treatment suites, you can get treated to a pampering massage, facial or alternative therapy – providing the perfect highlight for a relaxing break.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The resort has a fantastic range of dining options, with three different restaurants. The primary restaurant is the double AA Rosette rated Squire Restaurant, which offers a brasserie-style menu that offers a range of modern Scottish dishes and a modern, open dining area. La Cucina provides a fresh take on Italian classic cooking, from pizza and pasta to meat and fish. And, after a round of golf on one of the two courses, the clubhouse is the perfect place to relax with a quick sandwich or a classic bar meal.
As for bars, Kittock’s Den is a relaxed, but refined, providing the perfect environment for a sophisticated cocktail or a selection from the extensive choice of quality single malts. For a more informal atmosphere, the Rock & Spindle is the hotel’s stylish signature bar, ideal for a game of pool, a light bar meal or a few drinks at the end of the day.
Breakfast: 7am – 10am (until 11am Saturday and Sunday)
Lunch: 12noon – 3pm (bar meals served throughout the afternoon and evening)
Dinner: 6pm – 9pm (La Cucina open until 11pm)
Please note, opening times vary between establishments and change depending on the season.
Features at a glance
- Superb five-star resort hotel in St Andrews
- Exceptional standard of guest accommodation
- Wide variety of luxury bedrooms, feature rooms and suites
- Traditional Scottish style, mixed with modern design and decor
- Two excellent championship 18-hole golf courses
- Four miles from world-famous old course
- Family-friendly luxury hotel
- Ultimate setting for luxury golf breaks
- Three excellent restaurants on site
- Two relaxed, stylish bars
- 24 hour room service
- 16-metre swimming pool
- Specific swim times for children
- Steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi
- Well-appointed spa facilities
- Perfect setting for luxury spa breaks
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free guest parking – valet parking service
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 12noon.
- The hotel offers a range of rooms suitable for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- For family rooms or suites, please get in touch to find out more and book.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £20 per night. (Pre-booking required.)
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“There aren’t many better golf resorts in the UK than the Fairmont St Andrews – and there’s certainly nowhere in the world more famous for the sport than the home of golf itself, St Andrews. The resort offers a five-star standard that goes well beyond the two golf courses, with one of the very best hotels in Scotland, offering brilliant accommodation, excellent facilities and simply exceptional options for eating and drinking.”
**The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment with work to be completed by the 12th of June. Minimal noise disruption will occur between 9am until late afternoon. We apologise for the inconvenience.**