Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
The Hallmark Glasgow Hotel is a four-star hotel with an excellent location near the centre of Glasgow, offering an ideal base for city breaks, shopping breaks and spa breaks. While the hotel stands on the site of a 19th century rice mill, it is a contemporary building with stylish interiors and excellent modern facilities.
Scotland’s largest city is packed with cultural attractions, including a wide range of museums, art galleries, venues and nightspots – and the Hallmark Hotel Glasgow offers an excellent location for seeing it all. A prime spot just off Argyll Street means that the city centre is within walking distance, so the shops of Buchanan Street and St Enoch Centre are around ten minutes from the hotel, while there is a great selection of restaurants and bars within easy reach.
The hotel is situated close to the northern bank of the River Clyde, around a mile from the SECC and Hydro – making it ideal if you’re visiting the city to see a major concert or exhibition. For those looking for culture, the city’s famed Kelvingrove art gallery and museum is also within walking distance (or a quick bus journey), while the Lighthouse is within easy reach, and offers an excellent introduction to the work of the famed Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
If you’d prefer a more relaxed pace of break, the hotel features a day spa where you can treat yourself to a little pampering – an excellent way to unwind after a day in the shops or a night on the town. For something a little more active, the hotel also includes a large swimming pool and well-equipped gym.
Throughout the hotel, the style is contemporary and comfortable, from the relaxed, brasserie-style dining experience in the restaurant and the informal atmosphere of the bar, to the classic décor and cosy furnishings in the well-proportioned guest rooms. For a little extra space or an added touch of luxury, the hotel also offers a selection of apartments housed in the historic mill building, which are perfect for longer stays or family visits.
Where is the Hallmark Hotel Glasgow?
27 Washington Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G3 8AZ
The hotel is situated on Washington Street, which is off Broomielaw (the A814) on the north bank of the Clyde. Junction 18 of the M8 is within easy reach of the hotel, offering quick access to the airport, which is just over 8 miles away. Glasgow Central station is within a ten-minute walk from the hotel, while Glasgow Queen Street is just over a mile away.
What’s worth visiting in Glasgow?
- Glasgow Science Centre – Rated as a five-star visitor attraction by VisitScotland, the Science Centre houses a wide range of family-friendly exhibits and experiences, which are as engaging as they are educational, together with an IMAX cinema.
- SECC – One of the country’s leading venues for major concerts and a range of other events, the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre has hosted the likes of U2, David Bowie, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones.
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum – With one of Europe’s finest collections of art and artefacts, which stretches to an astounding 8,000 objects, the Kelvingrove is one of the most popular attractions in Scotland.
- Celtic Connections: January – For two and half weeks, Glasgow is home to some of the world’s best Celtic musicians, with a festival that features more than 300 performances and events.
- World Pipe Band Championships: August – The two-day event pits the best in piping against each other, with more than 200 bands from around the world coming to Glasgow Green to compete for the prestigious prize.
What is there to do at the hotel?
With the Waves Health & Leisure Club, the hotel offers excellent facilities for unwinding, whether you’re looking to get active or kick back and relax. For those that like to start the day with a splash, there is a good-sized swimming pool, together with a Swedish sauna and a steamroom. If you prefer a workout on dry land, the hotel’s gym comes equipped with all the cardio machines and weights you need to work up a sweat.
For those looking for some added luxury, the Savannah Day Spa offers an ideal setting for spa breaks – with a great range of treatments you can enjoy in the sumptuous surroundings of the treatment rooms.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Brasserie restaurant offers an elegant but relaxed dining area and a menu that combines the best of classic British cuisine with dishes that draw their influence from across the continent. The adjacent Bar provides an ideal place to meet friends before dinner or to enjoy a drink at the end of a busy day, with a wide selection of beers, wines and stylish cocktails, as well as a bar menu of snacks and light meals. For a more relaxed setting, the lounge area provides a light and open space with comfy couches, offering an excellent setting for an afternoon tea or a quick coffee before heading out to see the sights.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am (7am – 10am Saturday, 7.30am – 11am Sunday)
Lunch: Bar menu served throughout the day
Dinner: 7pm – 9.30pm (from 6pm Friday & Saturday)
Features at a glance
- Modern four-star hotel in Glasgow
- Excellent location close to city centre
- Ideal for Glasgow city breaks and shopping breaks
- 129 well-appointed guest rooms
- 12 luxury apartments also available
- All rooms feature Sky Sports channels
- Large swimming pool
- Sauna & steam room
- Well-equipped gym facilities
- Day spa offering beauty treatments
- Refined Brasserie restaurant
- Stylish and contemporary Bar area
- Comfortable, open guest lounge
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 50 guest parking spaces (£4 per day)
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 11am.
- To book self-catering apartments or family rooms, please get in touch with our customer service team.
- Dogs welcome at £15 per dog per night.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Whether you’re in town to see a show at the SECC or the Hydro, or you just want a comfortable and good value hotel for Glasgow city breaks, the Hallmark Hotel Glasgow is a great choice. It’s within walking distance to the city centre, and can even offer some relaxing treatments and therapies if you’re looking to turn your city break into a spa break.”