A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner on One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
A Victorian four-star hotel with an excellent riverside location in central Inverness, The Columba hotel offers an ideal setting for leisure breaks, city breaks and family holidays in the highlands of Scotland.
The city of Inverness is small but thriving – and is absolutely full of vibrant character and a fascinating heritage. With a wonderful spot on the banks of the River Ness, the hotel’s central location makes it a perfect base for seeing the best the city has to offer – many of the hotel’s rooms even offer a view over the river to the striking Inverness Castle.
A few minutes’ walk over the bridge takes you into the very heart of Inverness, where you’ll find a good selection of high street shops, restaurants and bars, as well as the city’s railway station. There’s plenty of nightlife to be found in the city, but with a popular bistro bar in the hotel that often hosts live entertainment at the weekends, you don’t even need to go that far to enjoy a relaxing evening with friends.
There’s a good range of historical and cultural attractions to see, including the excellent Eden Court Theatre & Cinema and the city’s St Andrews Cathedral, which are both within a couple of minutes’ walk of the hotel. Head out into the surrounding areas and there’s even more to explore, with the battlefield at Culloden and the Distillery at Tomatin offering history and heritage. And, with the likes of Loch Ness and the Black Isle on the doorstep, some of Scotland’s most beautiful landscapes are just waiting to be discovered.
The hotel itself dates back to the late 19th century, and retains much of its historic character, from the façade of the Bar & Bistro, to the wooden panelling within. However, the hotel also boasts plenty of more modern touches of style and added amenities, ensuring that you have everything you need for a relaxing break.
Where is The Columba Hotel?
7 Ness Walk
Inverness IV3 5NF
The hotel is on the western bank of the River Ness, on Ness Walk, just off Young Street (B861). Please note that the hotel does not have its own parking, though there is on-street parking nearby and several multi-storey car parks in the city centre, just a few minutes’ walk away. The city’s railway station is just over half a mile from the hotel, while Inverness airport is around a 20-minute drive.
What’s worth visiting in Inverness?
- Loch Ness – Famed for the legendary monster, Loch Ness is a huge and beautiful stretch of water, well worth visiting (even if you don’t catch a glimpse of Nessy).
- Culloden – In 1746, the last battle of the Jacobite Revolution saw Bonnie Prince Charlie defeated by the British, and today a visitor centre presents the story of that day’s events.
- Highland Games: July – One of the longest running highland games in the country, this event offers the quintessential Scottish experience, with dancing, music and competition.
- Inverness Museum & Art Gallery – First opened in the early 19th century, the museum has grown and evolved over the years and now holds an excellent collection of art and exhibits.
- Inverness Floral Hall – With greenhouses, landscaped grounds and a tropical fish pond, this attraction brings some of the world’s most exotic fauna to the highlands of Scotland.
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival: August – In the nearby town of Beauly, this music festival has in past years featured the likes of Tom Jones, Razorlight and The Proclaimers.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Victoria Restaurant features an elegant and tastefully decorated area, which offers a truly Scottish dining experience. The menu makes the most of the local, seasonal produce to deliver a great taste of classic Scottish cuisine.
In McNab’s Bar and Bistro the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming, while a row of windows provide plenty of natural light. While the wooden bar and the comfy leather furnishings give the space a traditional feel, the decoration is refined, offering the ideal environment whether you’re stopping in for a quick drink, enjoying a comforting bar meal or watching a live band play.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am
Lunch: Bar meals served throughout the day
Dinner: 6.30pm – 8.45pm
Features at a glance
- Traditional four-star hotel
- Excellent riverside location
- Many rooms offer view of Inverness Castle
- Situated just minutes from city centre attractions
- Ideal for sightseeing breaks and weekends in the Highlands
- Victoria Restaurant offering Scottish cuisine
- Informal but stylish McNab’s Bar & Bistro
- Room service menu available
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- On-street parking, or nearby private car park available (£4.50 per 24 hours)
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- Wheelchair accessible rooms – contact us to check details and availability.
- To make a booking for family rooms or deluxe suite, please get in touch.
- While guide dogs are welcome at the hotel, pets are not permitted.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“If you’re looking for a true Scottish experience, then staying at The Columba Hotel is a great place to start. It not only has an enviable spot in Inverness – known as the capital of the Highlands – but it’s also one of the oldest hotels in the country, with a character and history of its own. Whether you’re looking for a comfy stop on your tour of the highlands, or you need a hotel within walking distance of the city’s attractions, The Columba is an ideal choice.”