This was our 2nd visit to this hotel and again we were totally satisfied. The staff from the manager down were very friendly and could not do enough for you. A comfortable hotel in a nice location. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will certainly return....
Why stay at The Abington Hotel?
Situated less than 5 minutes from the M74 motorway and located in an idyllic village The Abington Hotel is ideal for leisure and business guests. Once a coaching inn, the Abington Hotel is an independent and family run 3 star hotel. The famous River Clyde meanders through this tranquil village in the Clyde Valley and is the perfect location to allow you to relax and get away from it all. Discover pretty little market towns, castles, walks and cycle trails. For those who love walking, Tinto Hill and the Southern Upland way are nearby. Alternatively, the bustling cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh are less than a 50 minute drive away, offering cosmopolitan shopping, theatres and museums. The Abington Hotel offers a variety of entertainment and tribute breaks throughout the year which are all great fun for family and friends alike. Look out for late deals and special offers available at the Abington Hotel all year round at easy-breaks.com.
- Excellent base to explore central Scotland
- Family run hotel
- M&Ds Theme Park Scotland's biggest theme park is bursting with white knucle rides including The Tsunami and The Tornado not to mention coutless classic fun fair rides. A fantastic family day out!
- Hamilton Racecourse Fancy a flutter? Place a bet at one of the UK's best-known racecourses and watch the horses gallop to glory.
- New Lanark World Heritage Site Visit a restored 18th century cotton Mill and experience what life was like for workers in 1820.
- Check in: 2pm
- Check out:10am
- On site parking
- Guide dogs only
- Ground floor rooms available
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Glengonnar Room, you can enjoy your meal in a formal yet still relaxed setting.
- Arbory Lounge, the perfect place for meeting with friends over a drink before enjoying your meal from the Arbory Menu.
- Hospitality tray
- En Suite facilities
- 22 miles from Larkhall railway station
- 45 miles from Glasgow airport
My wife and i stayed at this hotel and we were delighted with the comfort,cleanliness and the fantastic people who work there. They made our stay wonderful and could not do enough to help and advise us of anything we asked.. The manager Mr.MacBride has a terrific team who are worth their weight in gold and we will certainly be back there as soon as possible. ...
Very friendly and helpful staff made us very welcome. ...
Enjoyed ou stay at the hotel. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Food was well presented and always piping hot. Plenty to do out and about within a 20 mile radius. Would definately stay again and will recommend....