Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
A packed lunch on one day
Includes wine and chocolates
The Abington Hotel boasts a lovely location in the idyllic village of Abingdon while it's proximity to the M74 Motorway makes it a top choice for guests hoping to explore the varied delights of Lanarkshire, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Stay in tastefully decorated ensuite rooms boasting great amenities and thoughtful hospitality trays and look forward to a warm reception at this family-run hotel.
Discover quaint market towns, Scottish castles, exciting cycling trails and brilliant mountain biking in 7 Stanes Glentress. There are also some excellent walking opportunities near the hotel, with Tinto Hill and the Southern Upland providing some particularly good views. Edinburgh and Glasgow are 45 minutes away and the hotel is also popular with visitors to The SSE Hydro and top attractions like M&D’s Theme Park.
For fine dining and a restaurant experience worthy of a special occasion, guests can take a seat in the elegant Glengonnar Room. Bar meals and less formal dining can be found in the cosy and welcoming Arbory Lounge while The Conservatory offers the ideal space for coffees, cakes and nightcaps.
Where is the Abington Hotel?
78 Carlisle Road, Abington ML12 6SD
Easily accessible via the M74 motorway and ¾ of a mile from the junction, the hotel is conveniently located only 45 minutes from Edinburgh and Glasgow.
What’s worth visiting near Abington?
- M&D’s Theme Park - Scotland's biggest theme park is bursting with white knuckle rides including The Tsunami and The Tornado not to mention countless classic fun fair rides. A fantastic family day out!
- Hamilton Racecourse - Fancy a flutter? Place a bet at one of the UK's best-known racecourses and watch the horses gallop to glory.
- New Lanark World Heritage Site - Visit a restored 18th century cotton mill and experience what life was like for workers in the 1820s.
- Motherwell Beer Festival: September – In addition to the option to taste a wide range of beers and ales from around the world, visitors will hear hits from top tribute bands.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
There are a number of great wining and dining options at the Abington Hotel. Guests can enjoy a formal, yet relaxing meal in the elegant Glengonnar Room – perfect for special occasions. Also available is the cosy and convivial atmosphere of the Arbory Lounge, ideal for informal lunches and bar meals.
Guests looking for a scenic spot to enjoy a morning coffee, slice of homemade cake or after dinner drink can make their way to the modern yet charming Conservatory.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:00 (weekends), 08:00 – 09:30 (weekends)
Dinner: 18:30 – 20:30
Features at a glance
- 28 en-suite rooms with hospitality trays and toiletries
- Enjoy the modern comforts of this renovated 1839 hotel
- Friendly, family run hotel
- Fine dining can be found in the Glengonnar Room
- Enjoy informal dining in the cosy Arbory Lounge
- Relax with a drink in the lovely Conservatory
- 24 hour room service
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Ample free car parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00.
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability
- To make a booking for Executive or Deluxe rooms, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“This former coaching inn boasts more than 150 years of history – and a fresh, modern attitude! A family run business, The Abington Hotel offers a lovely, 3-star stay in the scenic village of Abington. Whether booking a stay for one of the hotel's many musical tribute nights or planning a tranquil walking break in top spots such as Tinto Hill or The Southern Upland Way, the Abington Hotel offers a warm welcome.”