Bubbly & chocolate strawberries
A glass of bubby with strawberries and dipping chocolate on arrival
New Lanark Short Break
Includes Entry to New Lanark Heritage Site
Activity – New Lanark Visitor Centre
Includes a ticket to the New Lanark Mill Visitor Centre including the rooftop garden
25% discount on entry to New Lanark Visitor Center
There aren’t many hotels to be found right in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yet that’s not all that makes the New Lanark Mill Hotel unique. With superb leisure facilities, a rooftop garden and the beautiful Scottish woodland all around, it’s an excellent choice for romantic weekends, family holidays and relaxing short breaks.
New Lanark is an 18th century cotton mill village on the banks of the River Clyde, in the south of Scotland. As a monument to the industrial age, there are few more important sites in the country – especially as it was owned and run by the social reformer Robert Owen, who ensured that the workers were well paid, well educated and well looked after. Today, that legacy is celebrated in a series of museums and exhibits housed in the former mill buildings, which offer a well-preserved piece of Scottish history.
The New Lanark Mill Hotel is at the heart of it all. While the building retains many clues to its industrial past, like its striking architectural style and many original features, the interior has been completely transformed – with the modern features and amenities you need for a comfortable and relaxing break. On top of the building, a roof garden offers a superb vantage point where you can look over the site and the surrounding woodlands, while the floors below are home to a health & fitness club and beauty rooms, as well as a sophisticated dining room and informal bar.
Despite the site’s industrial history, it’s surrounded by woodland that’s yours to explore – whether walking along the River Clyde or heading up to the Falls of Clyde nature reserve to see the local wildlife. The nearby towns of Lanark and Biggar are also well worth visiting, while both Edinburgh and Glasgow are within an hour’s drive.
Whether you’re exploring the history of New Lanark, exploring the surrounding woodland or exploring the region, the hotel offers a remarkable blend of old and new – where you can relax in a stylish room and enjoy excellent facilities, surrounded by Scotland’s rich natural heritage and fascinating history.
Where is the New Lanark Mill Hotel?
Mill No 1, New Lanark Mills, Lanark, Scotland, ML11 9DB
The hotel is situated at the heart of the New Lanark UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is around seven miles from junction 10 of the M74. There are regular bus services from the town of Lanark, which is two miles to the north and where you’ll find the nearest railway station. The closest airport to the hotel is Glasgow Airport, which is around 40 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in New Lanark?
- Robert Owen’s Classroom – One of New Lanark’s most important legacies was education. Here you can see what school was like in the 18th century – and kids can even dress up and join in.
- Clyde Falls Natural Reserve – Get out and explore Scotland’s wonderful landscape, with woodland and parkland to walk through, beautiful waterfalls to discover and a wide range of wildlife to see.
- Annie McLeod Experience – An interactive ride that takes you on the journey of one young girl’s life and times in New Lanark.
- Biggar Little Festival: October – This ten-day festival features an exciting blend of music, dance, drama and literature, with a range of family-friendly events and shows.
- Little Sparta – A cross between a garden and an art gallery, Little Sparta acts as the setting for many works by artist and poet Ian Hamilton Finlay.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The Health & Fitness Club offers a range of facilities to help you take it easy, with a good-sized swimming pool, as well as a bubble pool, steam room and sauna. If you’re looking to stay in shape during your visit, there’s a well-equipped fitness studio that offers a range of gym equipment to help you work up a sweat.
If you’d prefer a more gentle way to unwind, the hotel also offers tastefully decorated beauty rooms, where you can enjoy a wide range of treatments and therapies – from massages and aromatherapy to waxing and facials.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Mill One Restaurant is the hotel’s primary dining option for evening meals. It features a unique, open dining area with striking furnishings and design providing an engaging contrast with the building’s historical setting. The menu is just as modern, offering a fresh, vibrant twist on Scottish cuisine, using the very best of local produce.
Falls Bar is a relaxed and stylish environment for afternoon teas, causal dining and drinks. The menu offers a mixture of traditional comforting bar classics, light bites and sandwiches, while there’s a wide selection of Scottish beers and whiskies to sample, together with an excellent wine list.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am (8am – 10.30am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Bar meals served throughout the afternoon and evening
Dinner: 6pm – 9pm
Features at a glance
- Unique hotel set in UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Former 18th century cotton mill
- Contemporary style and facilities
- 38 spacious, modern rooms, all with excellent views
- Part of fascinating historical attraction
- Secluded setting among stunning woodland
- Close to Clyde Falls Nature Reserve
- Ideal for quiet weekend breaks and walking holidays
- Modern and stylish Mill One Restaurant
- Relaxed and comfortable Falls Bar with lounge
- Roof top garden offering excellent views
- 16.5 metre swimming pool
- Bubble pool, steam room and sauna
- Beauty rooms offering treatments
- Free guest parking
- Dog-friendly rooms available
- Green hotel award
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 10am.
- The hotel offers several accessible rooms – please contact us to check details and availability.
- For family rooms or triple rooms, please get in touch to make a booking
- Dogs are welcome to stay in selected rooms (but not permitted in restaurant or bar), charged at £5 per night.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Many hotels will claim to be unique, but the New Lanark Mill Hotel offers something truly different. Inside, it feels like a modern hotel – with contemporary design and excellent facilities. But then you step outside, into a living piece of history. And while it's the perfect place to explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s also set amongst some beautiful woodland if you’re looking for an amazing base for walking holidays.”