Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
A map of local walks with a packed lunch on one day
Dinner on one Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Summer Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
There are few more dramatic landscapes in the British Isles than the west of Scotland. With a prime location on the banks of Loch Long, just a couple of miles from Loch Lomond, the Arrochar Hotel offers the perfect setting to take it all in. Whether you’re looking for a comfortable base for busy outdoor breaks and walking holidays, or you simply want a cosy haven where you can enjoy the stunning scenery, Arrochar offers an ideal destination.
While the landscape makes the location feel remote, the hotel is just 40 miles from the centre of Glasgow while the nearest railway station is less than two miles away. As such, getting there is easier than you might expect, making short weekend breaks and last-minute breaks a real possibility.
The hotel dates back to the 19th century and was once a coaching inn. While today’s hotel is much more modern, the original character and charm remains in many of the building’s features, from the traditional décor to the elegant furnishings. However, the hotel’s best feature is undoubtedly the location. The water’s edge is just a stone’s throw from the front door, with the mountains providing a beautiful backdrop and a wonderful view that you can enjoy from the comfort of the dining room and many of the guest rooms.
For hill walking and climbing, there’s a nearby mountain range called the Arrochar Alps, with the renowned Cobbler offering a challenge – not to mention five munros and a variety of other peaks. If you’d prefer a less energetic way of enjoying the scenery, you can always try a cruise of Loch Lomond or even take to the skies with a Loch Lomond Seaplane. Of course, the area has plenty to offer if you’d rather keep on dry land, with a host of villages and beauty spots to visit, from the communities of Luss and Ardlui to the tranquillity of Argyll Forest Park.
At the end of the day, you can retire to the cosy comfort of the hotel’s restaurant and bar, enjoying some classic Scottish fare – including, perhaps a dram from the excellent selection of whiskies – as you enjoy the view across the loch to the stunning mountains.
Where is the Arrochar Hotel?
Arrochar, Loch Lomond, Scotland, G83 7AU
The hotel is in the small village of Arrochar, which is at the northern tip of Loch Long on the A83 – close to where it meets the A82, which leads toward to Glasgow. Arrochar & Tarbet train station is a mile and a half from the hotel, halfway to the village of Tarbet on Loch Lomond. The nearest airport is Glasgow, which is a 45-minute drive to the south.
What’s worth visiting near Loch Lomond?
- Cruise Loch Lomond – Take to the water and enjoy a different perspective on the wonderful scenery, with a range of vessels touring the Loch from different destinations around the shore, including Tarbet.
- Loch Lomond Seaplanes – For a truly unforgettable experience, there’s nothing like taking off from the water and seeing the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park from the skies.
- The Cobbler – Also known as Ben Arthur, this mountain is one of the most popular peaks among many in the area, with a manageable ascent to the top, where you’ll enjoy a wonderful view.
- Loch Lomond Food Festival: September – The town of Balloch plays host to this annual culinary event, which offers producers and professionals the chance to show off some of the best food and drink that the country has to offer.
- Highland Games: May-August – The summer sees a wide range of games right across the country, with several events within easy reach of the hotel, including Helensburgh, Balloch and Luss.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Restaurant at the Arrochar Hotel offers a truly Scottish dining experience, from the classically elegant furnishings and décor, to the hearty local flavours on the menu. Large windows give the dining room a bright, airy feel, while offering pleasant views of the surrounding scenery that you enjoy while you eat.
The lounge bar is cosy and comfortable, with great views of the loch – providing the perfect spot to enjoy a selection from the excellent choice of whiskies on offer.
Breakfast: 7.30am – 9.30am (8am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Bar meals served (not during winter months)
Dinner: 6pm – 8pm
Features at a glance
- Updated 19th century coaching inn
- Fantastic location on the shore of Loch Long
- Just two miles from Loch Lomond
- Excellent base for exploring the west of Scotland
- Ideal for walking breaks and hill climbing holidays
- 76 classically furnished guest rooms
- Traditional Scottish restaurant
- Comfortable Lounge Bar with excellent views
- Close to railway station
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- For ground floor rooms, please contact us to check details and availability.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, with a charge of £10 per dog per stay.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“The Arrochar Hotel offers good value accommodation in a completely priceless setting. While the famous Loch Lomond is just a couple of miles away, it’s Loch Long that gives the hotel such a wonderful vista. There are few better views to wake up to in the morning – so if you’re looking for hotels near Loch Lomond, it’s hard to find a more picturesque location. Whether you’re looking for a romantic spot for a long weekend, or you need a base for a variety of outdoor activities, look no further.”