Breakfast & Dinner
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
A lovely hotel located near the bonny banks of Loch Lomond, the BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club is the perfect choice for visitors planning a countryside retreat. Boasting brilliant facilities, lovely views and positioned on the world famous West Highland Way, it's excellent as a stopping off point on an exploration of the gorgeous countryside and even better as a bolt hole for a truly relaxing and refreshing holiday.
Get your holiday off to a great start by spending some time in the hotel's gorgeous pool and feel all of the stresses and strains of everyday life drift away in the spa bath, sauna or steam room. There's a tranquil relaxation room too and, if you're feeling more energetic, feel free to plan a workout in the hotel gym.
If a round of golf is your favourite way to chill out, you'll be glad to know there are two courses within a five minute drive of the hotel. Enjoy the views and have a go at the 18 hole Buchanan Castle Golf Club or the nine hole Strathendrick Golf Club, both located in nearby Drymne. Perfectly positioned in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, the hotel is also ideally placed for anyone who loves a stroll through stunning countryside and you'll find a whole host of historic attractions in the surrounding area. Plan an afternoon out at Stirling Castle, an adventure at Blair Drummond Safari Park or a wander around Glengoyne Distillery.
Once your sightseeing is done for the day, return to the hotel and a choice of several restaurants. For a contemporary vibe, try Salmon Leap, and for fabulous views, try the Conservatory. Both offer varied menus featuring local produce and inventive, delicious, dishes. Do be sure to save enough space for a drink in the Snug Bar with its wide range of whiskies, wines and non-alcoholic beverages as well as enchanting historic décor. Afterwards, retire to your comfortable room and enjoy a good night's sleep.
Where is BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club?
22 Main Street Drymen Loch Lomond G63 0BQ
If you're driving to BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel, you'll find it's easily reached via the M8 and J16. The nearest train station is in Balloch, eight miles from the hotel, and the closest airport is in Glasgow, 15 miles away.
What’s worth visiting near Loch Lomond?
- Blair Drummond Safari Park – This beautiful adventure park is set in 120 acres of beautiful woodland and offers you the chance to spot a variety of animals as well as take part in plenty of adventure activities!
- Maid of the Loch – Experience 1950s charm on the Maid of the Loch, a paddle steamer open to explore during the summer with its own, charming café.
- Glengoyne Distillery – Discover the secrets behind Scotland's national drink at this interesting distillery and be sure to try a sample or two while you're there.
- Loch Lomond Food and Drink Festival: Sep – Join the 20,000 people who descend on the area for cookery demonstrations, talks and tastings that characterise this annual festival.
- Loch Lomond Highland Games: Jul – See competitors test their strength, wit and form at a selection of traditional Highland Games as well as at piping, athletics, wrestling, cycling and dancing.
What is there to do at the hotel?
With two golf courses located a mere three miles away in Drymen, you'll find plenty of options for golfing on the doorstep. In the hotel itself, you'll find a steam room, sauna and spa pool or you can work out at the gym.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Buchanan Arms has two excellent restaurants. In the contemporary Salmon Leap restaurant, you'll find everything from local bites to European platters while the Conservatory boasts a varied menu as well as gorgeous views and even the chance to dine al fresco, should the sun be shining.
Also available is the cosy Snug Bar, which has a welcoming, historic atmosphere that will make you feel as though you've stepped back in time. It's the ideal place to sit and catch up with old friends and enjoy a whisky or two. With a range of over 60 different blends, you're sure to find the dram to suit you.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30 (weekdays) 08:00 – 10:00 (weekend)
Lunch: 12:00 – 18:00
Dinner: 18:00 – 21:00, 18:00 – 21:00 (Friday and Saturday)
Features at a glance
- 52 charming bedrooms
- Welcoming country house hotel
- Well-appointed rooms with modern facilities
- Two fabulous restaurants to choose from
- Have a cosy drink and chat in the Snug Bar
- 24-hour service available
- Picturesque location on Highland Way
- Ideal for families as well as solo travellers
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel
- Free parking available on-site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- Stylish and comfortable classic rooms, superior rooms, family rooms, family suites and master rooms with king size beds.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Be charmed by a stay at BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa at the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Located in the conservation village of Drymen, it provides the peaceful air of a stay in the countryside. Enjoy a romantic weekend by the banks of Loch Lomond, a golfing break among gorgeous scenery or a relaxing spa break in Scotland at this welcoming and wonderfully well-equipped hotel.”