Breakfast & Dinner
Murder Mystery Break
Murder Mystery Offer
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Breakfast & Dinner
Escape from it all in the enchanting Winnock Hotel. A former 18th century inn that’s been sensitively restored to create a modern yet classic hotel, it's an excellent choice for guests hoping to explore the wonders of the Highlands. The hotel is located a mere three miles from Loch Lomond and in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park and guests will love exploring the nearby castles, gardens and city attractions.
Plan a day out to Stirling Castle or take a day trip to Edinburgh to get to know the city's fabulous shops, restaurants and attractions – including amazing national galleries and museums. Also well worth seeing is the William Wallace monument, which offers some interesting insights to Scotland’s national hero, and the Glengoyne Distillery, an excellent choice for anyone hoping to find out a little bit more about Scotland's famous tipple.
Other excellent activities to be enjoyed during a stay at The Winnock include fishing on Loch Lomond or the River Leven or golfing at the challenging, yet rewarding, Loch Lomond Golf Club. Hotel guests are also invited to enjoy the Buchanan Castle Golf Club at reduced green fees (only two miles from the hotel) and plenty more picturesque rounds can be played at courses in Aberfoyle, Balfron and the Vale of Leven. During the summer, be sure to book a cruise or ride on a paddle boat on Loch Lomond or Loch Katrine – it's the ideal way to sit back admire the view.
When it's time to return to the hotel, be sure to head along to the Merlin Restaurant. Traditionally decorated and boasting an exciting à la carte menu as well as attentive staff, it’s been designed to sate appetites in style. Or, if you'd prefer a pint and some pub grub, head along to the cosy Ptarmigan Bar for a fireside seat and plenty of banter with the locals. When the night draws in, retire to your beautifully decorated room and enjoy a peaceful night's sleep.
Where is The Winnock Hotel?
The Square, Drymen, Loch Lomond, G63 0BL
If you're driving from the south and the M74, follow the M8 through Glasgow to Exit 16, then follow the signs for Aberfoyle (A811). You'll find Drymen just off the A811. The hotel is also near the train station in the nearby village of Balloch and there's a taxi rank outside. The closest airport is in Glasgow, a mere 15 miles away and it’s possible to arrange a fairly priced transfer to bring you to the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Stirling?
- Stirling Castle – No visit to Stirling would be complete without a trip to the castle. This stunning example of castle architecture includes the recently restored Great Hall of James IV.
- Wallace Monument – find out everything you need to know about national hero William Wallace at this fascinating monument – you can even see the famous William Wallace broadsword.
- Enjoy freshwater fishing – Pack a rod and find a spot at Loch Lomond or the River Leven for the chance to fish to your heart's content amongst beautiful scenery.
- Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival: May – Discover some of the finest blends from around Scotland, sample a few limited edition whiskies or take part in a spirits master class.
- Stirling Fringe Festival: September – A fun, family festival with events to suits all tastes, from music to magic shows as well as spoken word.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
You'll be wined and dined in style at the beautifully decorated Merlin Restaurant. Exposed stonework and original beams hark back to the hotel's rich heritage and create a fantastic atmosphere. Peruse the à la carte menu and look forward to carefully crafted dishes boasting local produce and flavours to savour.
Take a seat at the fireside and enjoy a dram or two in the welcoming Ptarmigan Bar. This cosy bar and lounge offers a wide array of drinks as well as some excellent pub grub – including incredible steak pies!
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30 (weekdays), 08:00 – 10:00 (weekends
Lunch: Bar menu served all day from 12:30 – 21:30
Dinner: 18:00 – 21:00
Features at a glance
- 73 beautiful bedrooms
- Choose from Heritage or Elegance Range rooms
- Beautifully refurbished 18th century Inn
- Lovely location only three miles from Loch Lomond
- Frequent ceilidh or Scottish nights
- Dine in the welcoming Merlin Restaurant
- Enjoy a drink in Ptarmigan Bar
- Look forward to discovering the beautiful countryside
- Suitable for the whole family
- Wi-Fi available in public areas
- Free parking available on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 10:00
- The hotel offers rooms that may be suitable for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- Offers everything from single rooms to family rooms and superior and premium suites.
- No pets allowed but service dogs are permitted.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“For a romantic stay in Stirling, be sure to check out the peaceful rooms at The Winnock Hotel, perfectly located in the heart of Loch Lomond National Park. Dine in the intimate Merlin Restaurant, enjoy long walks through the beautiful scenery and take a cruise on Loch Lomond. The hotel is also perfectly placed for golfing breaks in Stirling and if you're planning on exploring the West Highland Way, there's no better place to plan a pit stop. Get to know a former 18th century inn with a lot of character and a lovely location.”