Our Castle Romance initially was a big disappointment because there was no bottle of bubbly, strawberries or chocolates in our bedchamber. On reporting this to reception, the receptionist said she would arrange it but there was no apology. They were delivered to the room later but first impressions are everything....
Why stay at Tulloch Castle?
The 12th century Tulloch Castle, home to the Clan Davidson, is perched above the Highland town of Dingwall. Akin to its lively history, the castle’s fortunes have changed and now it is once again a magnificent fortress with a ready welcome. The castle retains many of its period features, including the 250-year old panelled Great Hall, and painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings. Tulloch Castle holds 20 en-suite well-appointed bedrooms all with their own unique character and charm. Coupled with its medieval dungeon, the Turrets Restaurant offers a fine dining experience with exquisite cuisine. Enjoy great savings on luxury hotels like Tulloch Castle with easy-breaks.com.
- FREE! Wifi available in public areas
- 250 year old panelled Great Hall
- Dingwall Museum The museum presents many local artifacts and fascinating tales of human exploits which are unique to Dingwall within a landmark building, once the centre of local government.
- Glen Ord Distillery The distillery was founded in 1838, making it one of the oldest in Scotland.
- Black Isle Wildlife and Country Park The park consists of 50 acres which are home to a wide range of animals such as ducks, emu, lemur, zebra, meerkats and more.
- Fort George Following the 1746 defeat at Culloden of Bonnie Prince Charlie, George II created the ultimate defence against further Jacobite unrest. The result, Fort George, is the mightiest artillery fortification in Britain, if not Europe.
- Check in:3pm
- Check out:11am
- Guide dogs only
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Turrets Restaurant, serving only the best highland produce
- Green Lady Bar,round off the day with one of a selection of malt whiskies
- En suite facilities
- Room service
- Iron and ironing board available
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- 1.5 miles from Dingwall railway station
- 24 miles from Inverness
- 36 miles from Inverness airport
Good break. Hotel rooms good...
This is exactly what staying in a castle should be like.olde worlde decor,reeking of wood smoke,allegedly haunted,and baronial at the same time.our room, in what is the oldest part of the castle was clean,comfortable,and adequate.The food,and the service in the restaurant were indeed of 4 star quality.the staff were very polite, friendly, and informative. well done Tulloch Castle....
Atmospheric hotel loved its authenticity and would definitely go back. All that was missing was the ghost.The bar was very good and the staff very wellcoming especially the girl at reception. All in all a really satisfying break....