Had a 4 night break here beginning of May with my husband and my mum. Was surprised to find the hotel reception when booking in inside the main public bar. Hotel in general very run down and although our double room was large the facilities were antiquated, and poor running hot water for bathing. We were on a DBB basis and the food was below standard and on most occasions it appeared processed, frozen and out of a tin. On our 4th night the evening menu was the same as when we arrived on our 1s......
Why stay at Mackay's Hotel?
Situated in the former spa town of Strathpeffer, Mackay’s Hotel is nestled in the spectacular Scottish Highlands. The village of Strathpeffer lies in a glen five miles west of Dingwall and is sheltered on both the west and north side allowing a comparative dry and warm climate. This area of outstanding natural beauty boasts stunning rugged landscapes and an abundance of natural wildlife. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and steam room, ensuring you get the opportunity to relax and unwind during your stay. Whether you`re interested in some of the wide range of outdoor activities available, sightseeing, visiting some of the many places of historical interest in the area or prefer a more leisurely break, MacKay's Hotel, is an excellent base for exploring the Highlands.
- Leisure facilities
- Excellent base for touring the Northern Highlands
- Highland Museum of Childhood Set in an old Victorian railway station in Strathpeffer, the Highland Museum of Childhood has a unique and fascinating collection of artefacts relating to growing up in Highland Scotland.
- Glen Ord Distillery Glen Ord Distillery was founded in 1838, making it one of the oldest in Scotland.
- Black Isle Wildlife and Country Park The park consists of 50 acres which are home to a wide range of animals such as ducks, emu, lemur, zebra, meerkats and more.
- Check in: 3pm
- Check out: 10am
- Guide dogs only
- Guest car park
- Ground floor rooms available on request
- Guest lift
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Hospitality tray
- Hairdryer available
- Iron & ironing board
- En suite facilities
- 4.8 miles from Dingwall railway station
- Adjacent to bus stop
- 26 miles from Inverness airport
First time at this hotel, our room was in the area called the Travelodge - very nice comfy double bed and single bed. Room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast was first class - evening meal menu had plenty to choose from and service was very quick, only grumble I had was the hotel had a beautiful conservatory which was fitted out for dining, yet we were all squashed into the right hand side whilst the left hand side was empty ? When you arrive you are suppose to keep your table allocated for th......
Everything was fine for the value of money we paid....
First visit to this hotel. It was one of our shortest breaks, but not disappointed in anyway will probably do this hotel again in the near future. Have been to Strathpeffer many times. George & Hilda Gourock...