Breakfast & Dinner
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
All Inclusive Break
Three drinks vouchers per person
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine on the first evening
Why stay at the Regent Hotel?
The Regent Hotel is a beautiful art deco building with a prime position on the waterfront in the bustling town of Oban on the west coast of Scotland. Popular for touring breaks and leisure breaks, the hotel offers an excellent stopping off point if you’re heading off to see the western isles, or a good base if you’re exploring the region around Argyll.
The art deco architecture gives the hotel a striking look, making it stand out on Oban’s Esplanade – and the period style continues throughout the interiors, with original features complemented by tasteful, more contemporary furnishings in the guest rooms. With a choice of different areas for eating and drinking, from the elegantly styled Marine Restaurant to the friendly informal atmosphere of the Cellars Bar, there is every opportunity to sample some of the best of Scottish produce – whether an á la carte dinner or a selection from the excellent range of whiskies.
For those that enjoy a dram, the Oban Distillery is a short walk around the corner from the hotel. If you prefer history and culture, there’s a good range of attractions within the town itself – while it only takes a short drive to take you to the highlights like the Scottish Sealife Sanctuary, the Glencruitten Golf Course or Dunstaffnage Castle and Chapel. If you’re happy to take to the water, there are plenty of tours and boat trips, not to mention the ferry to Mull, Coll & Tiree and the Outer Hebrides. And if you’re happy to get even closer to the water, the area is popular for water sports – with canoeing, kayaking and sailing clubs all nearby.
From relaxed touring breaks to more active holidays on the west coast of Scotland, the Regent hotel in central Oban can provide a convenient and comfortable setting for your stay.
Where is the Regent Hotel?
Argyll and Bute,
The Regent Hotel is in the centre of Oban, on the Esplanade directly across from the pier – just off the A85, which is the main route into the town. The railway station is within a few hundred metres of the hotel, with services running to Glasgow – which takes just over three hours – and where the nearest airport is located.
What’s worth visiting in Argyll & Bute?
- Oban War & Peace Museum – Discover Oban’s true cultural identity, with an excellent collection of artefacts and exhibits telling the story of the town and its people.
- Highland Games: July - August 2016 – The Oban Games, known as the Argyllshire Gathering, is a huge event, with all the traditional activities you’d expect, from tossing the caber to Scottish Country Dancing.
- Oban Distillery – One of the smallest operating distilleries in the country, with just two stills, this is a must-see for connoisseurs of the water of life.
- McCaig’s Tower – Standing over Oban, this open tower was built in the late 19th century and offers an exceptional view for anyone ready to make the climb.
- Dunollie – With a ruined castle to discover, a fascinating museum to visit and an enchanted woodland trail to explore (not to mention a pleasant café), there’s plenty to see and do here.
- Oban Winter Festival: November 2016 – A ten-day celebration of local identity and culture, with street parades, performances and events, all topped off with an exciting fireworks display.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Regent Hotel offers a good selection of options for eating and drinking, with the Marine Restaurant, the Marine Lounge and the Cellars Bar. With elegant period décor, The Marine Restaurant has a timeless feel and pleasant setting for breakfast or dinner, with stunning views across the bay to enjoy while you eat. The menu offers a good selection of classic Scottish cooking and a few favourites from further afield, with many dishes highlighting the best of local produce.
The Marine Lounge offers an informal and comfortable space to relax with a drink, enjoy a light lunch or indulge in an afternoon tea. Later on, you can head to the Cellars Bar for the evening – whether that means enjoying a dram or two of the local whisky, watching sports on the big TV or challenging a friend to a game of pool or darts.
Breakfast: 7am – 9am (8am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Bar meals served throughout the day
Dinner: 6pm – 8pm
Features at a glance
- Art deco hotel in the centre of Oban
- Ideal setting for touring breaks
- Excellent value accommodation
- Traditional Scottish hotel
- 83 comfortable guest rooms
- Many rooms offer superb views across the bay
- Elegant, traditional Marine Restaurant
- Comfortable and cosy Marine Lounge
- Lively Cellars Bar with pool table
- Room service available
- Wi-Fi available
- On-street parking and station car park near by (approx. £3 per 24 hours)
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- To check the details and availability of disabled-accessible rooms, please get in touch with our booking team.
- Guide dogs are welcome, but other dogs are not allowed.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“An easy-breaks.com bestseller, the Regent Hotel in Oban offers the kind of timeless type of hospitality and excellent value that’s very popular with touring parties and for leisure breaks. Oban is a perfect stop on any tour around Scotland, ideal if you’re heading north up the coast or across the water to the one of the islands – while there’s plenty to keep you in the area too. Many people come again and again to the Regent, looking for that traditional type of British hotel in one of Scotland’s most beautiful locations.”