March Wine and Dine
A glass of wine with dinner
April and May Wine and Dine
A glass of wine with dinner
Activity Break - Open Top Bus or Oban Distillery
Includes entry to the Oban Distillery or a ticket for the Oban Open Top Bus
Sunday Night Hotel Deal
January and February Dinner, Bed and Breakfast with Treats
Breakfast & Dinner
Located in the centre of Oban, The Royal Hotel is a large and grand building, with traditionally decorated interiors and cosy bedrooms that all have a television and tea/coffee making facilities. Built in the late 1800’s, the building retains many original features such as high ceilings and large windows that look out onto the town.
The Royal Hotel is ideally placed, close to all of Oban’s main attractions as well as the harbour and pier – perfect if you wish to get up early and take a ferry trip to the nearby islands of Mull and Iona!
The hotel’s Morvern Suite Restaurant and Blasta @ The Royal Hotel have menus brimming with locally sourced produce and classic Scottish dishes. Its food is complemented by a fantastic selection of wines, cocktails and spirits from the bar.
Where is The Royal Hotel?
Argyll Square, Oban PA34 4BE
From Glasgow, take the M8 Westbound to A82 towards Loch Lomond and Crianlarich. Then take the A85 past Loch Awe to Oban. From Inverness, follow the A82 to Ballachulish then A85 onto Oban. There is also a regular train service from Glasgow Queen Street to Oban.
What’s worth visiting in Oban?
- Oban Distillery Visitor Centre – Oban Distillery is one of Scotland’s oldest producers of single malt whisky. A tour will show visitors each step of the whisky making process and will finish with a dram at the end!
- Dunstaffnage Castle and Chapel – This nearby landmark was built in the 1200’s and is famous for being captured by Robert the Bruce in 1309. Overlooking the Firth of Lorne, it is also an incredibly scenic location.
- Oban War and Peace Museum – This museum details the strategic role played by Oban during the war, being home to Australian, Canadian and US aircrew as well as RAF Flying Boats who operated from the bay.
- Oban Winter Festival: November – Oban’s biggest event marks the beginning of winter in a variety of festive ways, such as reindeer parades and a German market.
What is there to eat and drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s main restaurant, the Morvern Suite Restaurant and Blasta @ The Royal Hotel (a relatively new addition), serve menus of traditional Scottish dishes with a modern twist, using plenty of Scottish produce. After a hearty meal, guests can indulge in a whisky from the bar’s wide selection, or enjoy a tasty liqueuer coffee.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30
Lunch: 12:00 onwards
Dinner: 18:30 - 20:30
Features at a glance:
- Central location
- Historic 3 star hotel
- Morvern Suite Restaurant
- Blasta @ The Royal Hotel restaurant
- Dog friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Slap-bang in the centre of town, The Royal Hotel is perfect for a short break in Oban. Be sure to visit the hotel’s Blasta restaurant, popular with locals and guests alike!”