Tea and cake on arrival
2 for 1 Inspired Hotels Offer
Tea and cake on arrival
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine with dinner
Bottle of Prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries in room on arrival
A warm and traditional hotel set in the foothills of Glenshee, the Bridge of Cally Hotel is the ideal destination for a holiday in the highlands of Scotland.
At the gateway to the highlands, the Bridge of Cally is the perfect base for getting into the great outdoors. If you’re looking for a walking holiday, the Cateran walking trail goes by the side of the hotel, while the Glenshee ski centre is a short drive away if it’s the season for a skiing break. From golf and mountain biking to fishing and shooting, there’s a range of activities for adventure holidays.
The hotel’s restaurant and bar bring people for miles – and with a wealth of fresh, local ingredients on the menu and a wide selection of whiskies and ales behind the bar, it’s little wonder.
Whether you’re aiming to get out into the outdoors, or retreat from the elements by the log fire, this family friendly hotel provides the perfect setting for highland short break holidays.
Discover the best hotel deals at the Bridge of Cally Hotel >
Where is The Bridge of Cally Hotel?
Bridge of Cally
Near Blairgowrie, in East Perthshire, the village of Bridge of Cally is on the A93 – which can be reached via the M90, if travelling from the south.
For anyone travelling without a car, the nearest train stations are in Perth (22 miles), Pitlochry (22 miles) or Dundee (25 miles). While there is a bus service running from Perth to Pitlochry to that stops in the village, a taxi or car service is advisable.
The nearest airport is Dundee, while Edinburgh is around 60 miles away and Glasgow 91 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Perthshire?
• Walking & Hiking – from gentle family-friendly walks through the woods to serious hills and munros for the seasoned climbers, the area is waiting to be explored.
• Shooting & fishing - Perthshire is well known for its excellent quality shoots, while the River Ardle, River Ericht and the famous River Tay are all nearby.
• Hit the slopes – the country’s largest skiing and snowboarding area is just 20 miles away and there are local ski hire facilities during ski season.
• Castles – discover a piece of Scotland’s history, with three castles within reach: Glamis Castle, Scone Palace and Blair Castle.
• Whisky tours – this is malt whisky country, with a wide selection of the world’s finest single malts distilled within a few miles.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Cally Bridge Hotel is not just a great place to stay, but has a restaurant and bar which are popular for miles around. From the traditional breakfast, to lunch, through to the all-day menu, the restaurant serves first class hearty Scottish cuisine all day, made with some of the best fresh, local ingredients that East Perthshire has to offer – from game and fish to summer berries and the Heather hills honey.
The commitment to local produce doesn’t end in the kitchen, though. In the bar, you can enjoy a drop of a local malt whisky or a pint of guest Scottish ale by the real log fire. A perfect way to wind down after a day enjoying the great outdoors.
Features at a glance
• 18 en-suite hotel rooms on offer
• Home-baking served in the restaurant
• Comfy bar offers a variety of local malt whiskies and real ales
• Dog friendly hotel – (well behaved) pets welcome
• Free parking for guests, with coach parking for larger groups
• Ideal for adventure holidays – with skiing, snowboarding, shooting, stalking, hunting, mountain-biking and walking opportunities
• Close to a wide range of golf courses, this hotel is great for golf breaks
• Free Wi-Fi throughout public areas
• Family friendly hotel
• Free cot available for younger children
• Extra bed for under-14s available (£20 per night)
What else do I need to know?
• Check-in after 3pm, check-out by 11am (late arrival can be arranged in advance).
• Ground floor rooms are suitable for disabled access – please call easy-breaks on 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com to check details and availability.
“If you’re heading off to see the beautiful Scottish scenery in the surrounding areas, this is a great place to stay. Set in a tiny, quaint village, it’s a cosy and traditional place to relax, whether you’re touring through the area or you’ve had a busy day of outdoor activities and forest walks.”
The hotel reviews contained within this site are solely the opinions of easy-breaks.com customers and do not reflect opinions or positions of easy-breaks.com.View all 12 customer reviews...