Activity Break - Fishing
One day Salmon or Trout fishing permit
Dinner, bed and Breakfast
Hot chocolate and chocolate delights
Includes wine and chocolates
Includes Packed lunch & Walking Maps
Built in the mid-19th century, The Royal Hotel retains a strong sense of its history while offering guests a contemporary stay in the area most commonly known as the gateway to the Highlands. Try your hand at fun outdoor activities such as angling, plan a trek on horseback or explore one of the area’s biking trails. Nestled among the hills, forest, and glens of the beautiful Perthshire countryside, the hotel is also perfectly placed for walkers, who will find a multitude of gorgeous locations to explore on foot.
Golfers are well-catered for, with a selection of nearby golf clubs and courses at their disposal. In fact, within an hour’s drive of the hotel, you’ll find an amazing 50 different courses, including highlights like the championship courses of St Andrews, Carnoustie and Rosemount as well as nearby, scenic courses at Alyth, Genisla and Strathmore.
Other top choices for holidaymakers include trips to some of the area’s most well-loved attractions, including the impressive Scone Palace, the fascinating Black Watch Museum and the enchanting Blair Castle. After a busy day in Blairgowrie, the hotel’s Victorian style Glens Restaurant is the natural choice. The décor may have a traditional vibe, yet you’ll find the menu has been fully updated to provide delicious, modern, Scottish dishes.
Play a game or two of pool in the relaxed lounge bar, where you'll find a fine selection of beers, wines, spirits and whisky waiting to be sampled. There’s also a great range of bar meals and snacks on offer, ideal if you’re in the mood for a lighter bite. When the night draws in, head along to your tastefully decorated bedroom and sink into a comfortable bed.
Where is the Royal Hotel?
53 Allan Street, Blairgowrie and Rattray, Blairgowrie PH10 6AB
The closest train station is in Dunkeld and Birnum, only a short drive away, and the hotel is about an hour's drive from Edinburgh International Airport, where you'll find several bus and rail links to Perth. Drivers will find the hotel off the M90 or M8 then A9.
What’s worth visiting in Blairgowrie?
- Scone Palace – Discover the exciting and colourful history of one of Scotland's most important stately homes, once the capital of the Picts and now an unforgettable attraction.
- Blair Castle – Over the space of three rooms, this enchanting castle reveals an astounding 700 years of Scottish history – get ready for a crash course.
- The Black Watch Museum – One of Perth’s top attractions, this excellent museum documents the long and interesting heritage of Scotland’s elite military regiment.
- Bookmark Festival: June – Bookworms will love the opportunity to add a few author events and fun, bookish nights out to their stay in Blairgowrie.
- Blairgowrie and Rattray Highland Games: September – Watch a brilliant blend of spectacle and fun at this annual competition, expect all sorts of traditional contests and fun activities.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Sample the flavours of Scotland in the welcoming Glens Restaurant. Richly decorated in the Victorian style, the restaurant boasts a brilliant menu created by the hotel's own masterchef, who prepares dishes to appreciate using the best of fresh, local produce and the finest ingredients. Be sure to pick the perfect accompaniment from the extensive wine list for a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
The Gallery Bar also offers a range of lunches and snacks, great if you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere. This informal and lively bar is fully stocked with a great selection of beers, spirits, wines and drinks to slake all thirsts.
Breakfast: 07:30 –09:30 (weekdays and Saturday), 08:00 – 10:00 (Sunday)
Lunch: 12:00 – 14:00 (weekdays and Saturday), 12:30 – 14:30 (Sunday)
Dinner: 17:30 – 20:30
Features at a glance
- 27 rooms and 10 luxurious ensuites
- A renovated hotel still boasting Victorian charm
- Look forward to delicious dining in The Glens Restaurant
- Take it easy in the hotel's lounge bar
- Occasional Scottish nights with dancing
- Plan walking, fishing and golfing trips
- Discover many areas of interest nearby
- Featuring a hotel art gallery and occasional craft fairs
- Free WiFi available throughout hotel
- Complimentary parking on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- Offers accessible rooms and public spaces for disabled guests, although the hotel does not have a lift – contact us to check details and availability.
- Choose from a selection of deluxe and standard rooms, all decorated with great attention to detail.
- Pets are not permitted but exceptions are made for service animals.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Let yourself be enveloped by a wonderful sense of calm when you book a stay in Blairgowrie at the beautiful Royal Hotel. Built in the mid-19th century, the hotel retains a strong sense of its original charm but has been perfectly updated to offer the ideal accommodation for golf breaks in Perth and Kinross. It also boasts a stunning location among gorgeous glens, forests and gentle hills, making it an excellent choice for anyone hoping for a romantic weekend break in Blairgowrie.”