Thanks to the hotel staff we had a great time in Dunkeld and the surrounding area. Excellent facilities at this hotel, including swimming pool....
Why stay at Hilton Dunkeld House?
Once the summer residence of the Dukes of Atholl, Hilton Dunkeld house is the perfect highland retreat. Situated on the banks of River Tay in its own 280-acre estate, the hotel is surrounded by woodland beauty. The hotel is secluded whilst being easily accessed from Scotland’s main cities. Try your hand at fishing, quad-biking, archery or falconry…and that’s all before even leaving the hotel grounds! For those looking for a more relaxing holiday, Hilton Dunkeld House has fantastic spa and leisure facilities that include an indoor pool, gym, sauna, steam room as well as offering a range of treatments at the spa. The River Lounge is the perfect place to relax after a busy day. Enjoy superb Scottish cuisine whilst admiring the stunning river view at the Garden Restaurant. There are a variety of special offers and breaks available at Hilton Dunkeld House all year round with easy-breaks.com.
- Set in 280 acres of private grounds
- Wide selection of activities available
- Leisure facilities
- Dunkeld Cathedral
- Take a walk on one of the many scenic routes found in the cathedral grounds before marvelling at the beauty and sense of tranquillity found within the cathedral.
- Dunkeld and Birnam Golf Club
- This 18-hole course was designed by Tom Morris and is well known for its picturesque location.
- The Beatrix Potter exhibition
- Learn about the places that inspired famous characters such as Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck.
- Check in:3pm
- Check out:12pm
- Guest lift
- On site parking
- Ground floor rooms available on request
- Rooms suitable for disabled guests, please call to check availability
- Guide dogs only
- Quad biking
- Tennis courts
- Steam rooms
- Spa treatments available, must be pre-booked
- Swimming pool
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Garden Restaurant, unwind in this romantic Perthshire restaurant’s elegant interior, or dine alfresco on the picturesque chessboard terrace overlooking stunning views of the River Tay.
- Garden bar, choose from over 50 malt whiskies in this oak pannelled bar
- Work desk
- En suite facilities
- 2.2 miles from Dunkeld & Birnam railway station
- 56 miles from Edinburgh airport
The rae here is at the very top of our range but we did have a very pleasant room on the second floor overlooking the Tay with better quality shampoo, conditioner etc and two lovely terrycloth bathrobes (we paid a £10.00/ night supplement for the room facing the river and robes). The breakfast is superb with fresh fruit as well as everything else you can imagine, including very good sausages, which are rare in my experience of Scottish hotels. My only niggle would be that the tea was never real......
On initially arrival we were very impressed. The setting is lovely, the Wade lodge we stayed in was also lovely and the leisure facilities looked great. Once we went for dinner our impression changed. We were asked if we wanted bottled water which we accepted. The bottle was already open, (warm tap water) and we were charged £4.50 for the priviledge - please note we were only advised of the cost after the meal. When ordering our food my husband was asked if he wanted chips with his main ......
Really enjoyed our stay. A real asset of the Hotel is the Staff. Everyone from the room maid to the reception staff were cheerful, polite and helpful. They looked like a happy work force. Some areas of housekeeping could be improved perhaps. We had to dust the shelf in our bedroom wardrobe before we could put anything on it and our room heater, floor and bedside lamps did not work although these were attended to immediately we reported them....