Lovely old fashioned inn,excellent service,and great value ...
Why stay at Kenmore Hotel?
Set in breath-taking mountain scenery on the banks of the River Tay, The Kenmore Hotel is Scotland’s oldest inn and perfectly located for exploring Highland Perthshire. There are 40 individually furnished bedrooms and you’ll find unrivalled panoramic vistas of the surrounding countryside from The Grill Room restaurant, or choose to dine in the Boar’s Head bar. Both feature an elegant terrace where, when the weather allows, you can enjoy dining al fresco. Attractions in the area include Taymouth Golf Course, The Scottish Crannog Centre and Castle Menzies. The city of Perth is only an hours’ drive away, where you will find a variety of attractions on offer, as well as plenty of bars and restaurants.
- FREE! Wifi available
- FREE! On site parking
- Scotland's oldest inn
- Taymouth Golf Course This 9-hole course was designed by James Braid and is surrounded by stunning landscapes.
- The Scottish Crannog Centre Disover underwater archaeology in the exhibition and learn about the Iron Age on the crannog tour.
- Castle Menzies Take a step back in time at this 16th century castle and learn about its turbulent history
- Check in:3pm
- Check out: 11am
- Guest lift
- On site parking
- Pets welcome, £8 per night charge
- Disabled access
BARS & RESTAURANT
- The Grill Room,enjoy unrivalled panoramic vistas of the River Tay and surrounding countryside with outstanding menus serving an exciting adaptation of grill specialties, using high-quality locally sourced produce and offering seasonally inspired dishes.
- Poet's Bar, a traditional Highland bar featuring an open fire, perfect on a chilly evening.
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Room service
- CD/DVD player
- En suite facilities
- 21 miles from Pitlochry railway station
- 6 miles from Aberfeldy bus stop
- 79 miles from Edinburgh airport
Hotel is beautifully situated and our spacious, comfortable bedroom had lovely river view. The ensuite was also spacious and clean,but for some reason the water in the electric shower was not very warm, even when at the warmest setting.(Perhaps the reason was the very chilly weather outside). An allowance of £25 was given for dinner selected from the a la carte menu.The dining room staff were very pleasant but the service rather slow(though this didn't really matter as we weren't going anywhere!......
The Kenmore Hotel has a lovely atmosphere, old worldy especially the cosy bar and fire and knowing that Rabbie Burns sat and wrote a poem there, which is displayed over the fireplace. Our stay created a very magical time for us. The room was very large, beautiful bathroom and verandah. It snowed and because the hotel is set in wonderful surroundings we had a lovely snowy walk and it was very picturesque. I made a snowman on the vernandah. ...
Unfortunately our food both during dinner and at breakfast on the first morning wasn't hot enough. Although we had a bath in the ensuite, the water wasn't hot enough to fill it. This was reported to staff but they were unable to do anything about it. I had to boil a kettle to get the water hot enough to shave with. Beautiful location with stunning views over the river....