Breakfast & Dinner
Breakfast & Dinner
Theatre Break - White Christmas
A ticket to White Christmas at the Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Entertainment Break - Christmas Party
Entertainment Break - Ceilidh Nights
Ceilidh entertainment after dinner
Pitlochry has been a popular tourist destination for more than 150 years, drawing visitors to the picture-perfect scenery and the endless possibilities for outdoor activities. Fisher’s Hotel provides an ideal base for visiting the town, offering an excellent location and a comfortable standard of accommodation – making it a great hotel for walking breaks, fishing holidays and long weekends in the Highlands.
Like much of the town, the hotel dates back to the Victorian era. As such, it offers a traditional charm and style, from the dark wood reception area to the cosy fireplace in the guest lounge. It boasts a beautiful garden to the rear of the building, which is ideal spot to enjoy some summer sunshine (or even a game of croquet).
With a central location on the town’s main street, the hotel offers easy access to all of Pitlochry’s attractions. The Festival Theatre is justifiably renowned as one of the town’s most vibrant destinations, offering an excellent and varied programme of plays throughout the year – not to mention a popular café and restaurant. For those looking for a little Scottish spirit, the Blair Athol Distillery is a short walk from the hotel, while the Edradour Distillery (which is the country’s smallest), is a quick drive from the town centre.
The town is a popular destination for walking holidays, with a wide network of well-marked path criss-crossing the landscape, while the Explorers’ Garden near the theatre provides 6 acres of sculpted woodland grounds to explore. For serious hill climbing, the town is dominated by Ben Vrackie, while Schiehallion is also within easy reach. As the hotel’s name suggests, it’s also the perfect base for fishing breaks, with River Tummel and River Garry offering some excellent trout and salmon beats.
After a day’s sightseeing, walking or fishing, the hotel’s traditional restaurant, cosy snug bar and pub-style bar offer a warm and welcoming atmosphere to enjoy the very best of local food and drink – and a comfortable setting for relaxing Scottish breaks.
Where is the Fisher’s Hotel?
Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perth & Kinross, Scotland, PH16 5BN
The hotel is in the centre of Pitlochry, on the town’s main street (A924) – which is just off the A9, the main route from Perth to Inverness. The railway station is a short walk from the hotel, offering regular services to Inverness, Edinburgh and Glasgow, where the nearest airports are located.
What’s worth visiting in Pitlochry?
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre – With a beautiful riverside setting and a comprehensive programme of performances, the theatre is undoubtedly one of the area’s biggest and best attractions.
- Highland Safaris – An award-winning visitor attraction, which includes land rover safari, red deer centre, bike trails and woodland walks.
- The Enchanted Forest: October – Using the woodland setting as its canvas, this attraction fills the forest with light and music to create a unique and award-winning experience for visitors.
- Blair Castle - What was once a medieval stronghold is today an excellent example of a Baronial Castle, having been remodelled and reshaped over the centuries.
- Pitlochry Highland Games: September – Held since 1852, the local games offer a wonderful piece of Scottish culture and heritage, with traditional competitions including piping, dancing and the ‘heavy events’ like tossing the caber.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The Restaurant at Fisher’s Hotel provides an elegant atmosphere for enjoying formal table d'hote dinner, with a menu that changes daily to showcase the best of local produce and provide a fresh, seasonal taste of Scotland.
Hotel guests can get comfortable and cosy with a hot drink or a dram from the snug bar, enjoyed in the intimate and sumptuous warmth of one of the hotel’s lounges. If you’d prefer something a little more lively, the public bar – called the Kingfisher Bar – offers a friendly and informal area to enjoy some sport on the TV, a tasty bar meal or even some live music at the weekends.
Breakfast: 7.30am – 10am (8am – 10.30am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Bar menu served noon – 9pm
Dinner: 6pm – 9pm
Features at a glance
- Traditional Victorian Hotel
- Ideally located in Pitlochry town centre
- Excellent base for walking and hill climbing breaks
- Very close to railway station and bus links
- Family-friendly hotel
- Good range of comfortable guest accommodation
- Garden view rooms available
- Elegant Restaurant serving Scottish cuisine
- Cosy Snug Bar
- Comfortable guest lounges
- Welcoming Kingfisher Bar
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- The hotel offers accessible rooms for disabled guests – please contact us for details and bookings.
- For family bookings, please get in touch to check details and availability.
- Guide dogs are welcome at the hotel, but pets are not permitted.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Lots of our customers return to Pitlochry again and again, whether to take in a play or two at the renowned Festival Theatre, to make the most of the excellent walking and cycling trails or to simply enjoy the town’s charming character. Fisher’s Hotel is right at home in the town, a Victorian building with a warm welcome and a homely Scottish style. All in all, it’s an excellent choice for all sorts of breaks, from walking holidays and cycling breaks, to sightseeing holidays and even theatre breaks.”