The luxurious Mansfield House Hotel was originally built as a private residence in the 19th century. Now, it's a sensitively refurbished and beautifully equipped hotel that still boasts many original features and retains all of the building's most beguiling charms. Offering gorgeous views of Hawick and excellent access to all of the most exciting attractions in the Scottish Borders, it's a charming choice for relaxing breaks.
The scenic location on the outskirts of Hawick ensures that the hotel guests can enjoy exploring the town's many charms, including its heritage as a top spot for Common Riding, rugby and knitwear. Pay a visit to the Borders Textile Towerhouse for a fascinating peek into the area's history or see what makes the town special in the Hawick Museum and Scott Gallery.
If you're a nature lover, be sure to immerse yourself in the beauty of Wilton Lodge Park. Ask at the hotel reception for a packed lunch then set off to discover the beauty of this 107 acres of woodland, including gorgeous walks along the banks of the River Teviot and a secluded, walled garden. Mansfield House is also perfectly located for golfers, with three excellent courses to choose from. Start at the Hawick Golf Club, a challenging and hilly course in a wonderfully scenic location, then try the Minto Course located in the lovely environs of Tweed Valley. If you're looking for an additional challenge, head along to the Woll Golf Course, nestled between Hawick and Selkirk.
After an exciting day exploring Hawick, you'll love returning to the hotel and pulling up a seat in the charming, traditionally decorated dining hall. Choose from an excellent range of traditional and inspired dishes, accompanied by a drink from the extensive wine, ale and spirit menu, before retiring to the hotel bar or conservatory for a nightcap, where you can enjoy a fireside seat or inspiring views of Hawick while happily anticipating the comfortable bed with fresh cotton sheets waiting for you.
Where is the Mansfield House Hotel?
Weensland Road, Hawick, Scottish Borders, TD9 8LB
Offering easy road access from the central belt of Scotland and the North of England, the Mansfield House Hotel is reached by the A7 and once in Hawick, drivers should look out for Daykins Drive. There are frequent local bus services from Langholm, Selkirk, Jedburgh and Kelso and the hotel is within easy driving distance of Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle airports.
What’s worth visiting in the Scottish Borders?
- Hawick Museum and Scott Art Gallery – Delve into the local history and get to know some of the area's top artists with a visit to this picturesque gallery.
- Borders Textile Towerhouse – Famous as Scotland's premier textile manufacturing region has a fascinating heritage, discover a glimpse of the past in the Towerhouse museum.
- Take a stroll in Wilton Lodge Park – Look forward to a fantastically relaxing walk along the wooded banks of the River Teviot and discover the walled garden within 107 acres of woodland.
- Hawick Reivers Festival: March – A small but lively festival celebrating the rich heritage of Hawick as a borders town, expect music, re-enactments, talks and more.
- Innerleithen Music Festival: August – Beautifully situated by the rolling hills banking the River Tweed, this gorgeous music festival welcomes some of the biggest names in Celtic music.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
For an elegant dining experience, look forward to taking a seat in the hotel's traditionally decorated dining room overlooking Hawick. Offering a menu bursting with organic and locally sourced ingredients and a fabulous selection of fresh and innovative dishes, it's a wonderful place to relax over a leisurely meal.
Guests can also enjoy a selection of light bites and bar meals in the friendly hotel bar or stunning conservatory, perfect for relaxing with friends or family. You'll never be short of the perfect tipple to accompany your meal, with 20 malt whiskies, ales and lagers available for your pleasure.
Breakfast: 7.30am - 9.30am (weekdays), 8am – 10am (weekend)
Lunch/Dinner: Menu served all day from 12pm
Features at a glance
- Luxurious en suite rooms
- Charming 19th century hotel
- 10 acres of gorgeous garden to enjoy
- Enjoy the view from the hotel Conservatory
- Dine in the beautiful restaurant
- Sample real ale and fine spirits in the friendly bar
- Extremely friendly staff
- Suitable for the whole family
- Free WiFi available throughout hotel
- Complimentary parking on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 2pm, check out by 10am
- Offers accessible rooms and public spaces for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- Choose from a selection of twin and double rooms or a four poster suite.
- No pets allowed, only service animals are welcome.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email email@example.com
“Look forward to a luxurious stay in the Scottish Borders when you book a room at the Mansfield House Hotel, a friendly and fabulous hotel boasting gorgeous views and a stunning 10 acres of private garden. The hotel offers Victorian splendour combined with plenty of modern comforts as well as some first class service and extremely welcoming staff. Ideal for romantic breaks in Scotland and relaxing holidays for nature lovers, it's a countryside retreat you won't forget in a hurry.”