Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
Located in the quiet village of Eddleston, close to Peebles, Mercure Peebles Barony Castle Hotel offers an exceptional stay in Scotland. A stunning 16th century tower house with all modern conveniences, it has a real feeling of character and many unique highlights for guests to enjoy – including the amazing, 25 acre grounds and The Great Polish Map of Scotland sculpture contained within.
What's more, only 17 miles from Edinburgh, the hotel is an ideal bolthole for anyone hoping to experience the bright lights of a city break and the comfort of returning to a tranquil retreat in the evening. Explore the shops, restaurants and major tourist attractions of Scotland's capital or look forward to strolling through the picturesque streets and getting to know the lovely boutiques and local bakers of Peebles.
Golfers will find the Peebles and Innerleithen Golf Clubs near the hotel. Alternatively, plan to spend your leisure time working out in the hotel's Techno Gym, taking a swim in the 10 metre pool or enjoying all of the advantages of the hotel's lovely Thermal Spa.
When hunger strikes, you'll find yourself with a great range of dining options to choose from. Visit the quirky Blue Dug, have a seat in the conservatory or peruse the varied menu in theThomson’s @ the Castle restaurant. All offer inventive dishes made with high quality produce. The hotel's lovely lounge bar also serves cocktails, hot drinks and a wide range of whiskies – making it the ideal place to relax, day or night. The hotel was winner of the 2015/16 Visit Scotland "Taste our Best" Award. When the time comes to retire, guests will enjoy all of the comforts of their unique rooms, boasting differing views of the surrounding garden, woodland and glen.
Where is Mercure Peebles Barony Castle Hotel?
Scottish Borders Eddleston by Peebles EH45 8QW
If driving from the city, leave the A720 Edinburgh City bypass at the Lothianburn junction and follow signs to Peebles on the A703 until reaching Eddleston Village. From the South West, follow the M74 and exit at Moffat and follow the A701 to Edinburgh and take the first junction for Peebles, follow the A703 signposted for Edinburgh until reaching Eddleston Village.
What’s worth visiting in Peebles?
- Traquair House – Discover the beauty of this great country house that's thought to be almost a century old. See if you can escape the garden maze and try your hand at craft workshops.
- Traquair House Brewery– Visit a brewery dating back to the 17th century for a fascinating glimpse at the heritage of this fine brewer of ales.
- Peebles Art Festival: August – Celebrating art and artists of all forms, you'll find plenty to entertain during this local art festival.
- Innerleithen Music Festival: August – Beautifully located by the rolling hills banking the River Tweed, this small but vibrant music festival welcomes some of the biggest names in Celtic music.
What is there to do in the hotel?
Ensure your stay in Scotland is a relaxing one by spending as much time as you can making use of the hotel's excellent pool, gyms and spa facilities. Work out in the Techno Gym, enjoy a swim in the pool, take it easy in the sauna or book a spa treatment for the ultimate in relaxation.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Guests will enjoy a wide range of dining options when staying at Barony Castle, thanks to the hotel's excellent range of restaurants and bars. For a quirky, modern take on Scottish dining, pull up a chair in The Blue Dug and look forward to quality dishes served with a smile. At lunch time on sunny days, guests are also welcome to dine in the beautiful courtyard or conservatory.
Another wonderful option is the Thomson’s @ the Castle restaurant, serving elegant dinners and offering exceptional service. For a dram of whisky or a delicious cocktail, look forward to relaxing in the hotel bar – also a great place to grab a hot drink during the day.
Breakfast: 07:00 – 10:00 (weekdays), 07:00 – 11:00 (weekend)
Lunch: 12:00 – 17:00
Dinner: 18:00 – 21:00
Features at a glance
- 72 unique and outstanding bedrooms
- Charming 16th century hotel
- 25 acres of gorgeous garden to enjoy
- Dine in the charming Blue Dug
- Enjoy a cocktail in the welcoming Bar Lounge
- Take a dip in the 10 metre pool
- Stay fit in the Techno Gym
- Experience relaxation in the hotel spa
- Free WiFi available throughout hotel
- Complimentary parking on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 14:00, check out by 11:00
- Offers accessible rooms and public spaces for disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- Choose from a selection of utterly beautiful and unique rooms.
- Pets are welcome although a small charge may apply.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Book a spa break in Peebles and look forward to feeling tension drift away at Mercure Peebles Barony Castle Hotel. Offering a great selection of spa facilities in a lovely, countryside retreat, the hotel boasts uniquely styled rooms, gorgeous 25 acre grounds and friendly staff. Enjoy an adventure or golfing holiday in the Scottish Borders.”