Simply Bed and Breakfast
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Anytime Bed and Breakfast
People have been visiting Peebles to take the waters at the Hydro since 1881. Of course, a lot has changed since then – with new facilities, services and amenities added. Yet much of the grand old tradition and style remains at the hotel and spa, while its spot overlooking the stunning landscape of the tweed valley is absolutely timeless. With more than 30 acres of woodland grounds to explore and a whole host of activities both outdoor and indoor, Peebles Hydro offers an ideal destination for family holidays, outdoor activity holidays and short breaks in Scotland.
A truly family-friendly hotel, the Hydro boasts an excellent range of activities for guests of all ages, from walking, cycling or playing tennis in the great outdoors, to playing in the games room or joining in with the kids’ clubs (during the school holidays). Beyond the hotel’s grounds, the nearby Glentress Forest provides a tranquil and beautiful setting for getting close to nature, whether on two feet, on your bike or on horseback. Then again, with a great swimming pool and well-equipped gym, you don’t need to leave the hotel to get active.
If you can pull yourself away from the facilities, the region is well worth exploring. The town of Peebles itself is charming, with a selection of gift shops, cafes and local attractions. The wider Borders area is also home to a range of other little communities, each offering their own character, from Biggar in the west to Melrose, Selkirk and Galashiels in the East. The hotel is even well within day-trip range of Edinburgh, if you want to visit the capital’s numerous attractions and shops.
Whether staying active, exploring the area or making the most of the hotel’s extensive range of facilities, the hotel’s dining options ensure that you can enjoy some great Scottish food, from classic hearty dishes in the restaurant, to lighter bites in the comfortable lounges or a quick snack in the intimate surrounds of the cocktail bar.
Where is Peebles Hydro?
Innerleithen Road, Peebles, Scotland, EH45 8LX
The hotel is just off the A72, to the west of Peebles. From the town centre, you can catch a bus to Edinburgh – which is just over 20 miles to the north, and where you’ll find the nearest railway station and airport.
What’s worth visiting in the Borders?
- Floors Castle – This country house dates back to the early 18th century and features beautiful gardens, as well as a café, shop and garden centre.
- Walking – The nearby Glentress Forest and Cardrona Forest provide a wide variety of trails and paths to hike, while you can also follow the River Tweed through some of Scotland’s most beautiful scenery.
- Horse riding – The borders is home to several equestrian centres, including in Peebles, which offer services for both novice and experienced riders.
- Borders Book Festival: June – The nearby town of Melrose hosts a busy programme of talks, events and shows, which sees huge numbers of visitors rub shoulders with some of the country’s best authors.
- Beltane Festival: June – This was once a pagan festival popular right across the country but remains only in the borders, with a huge common riding – which involves hundreds of horse-riders galloping together through the town.
What is there to do at the hotel?
Peebles Hydro features an excellent range of facilities for the whole family, ensuring there’s something for everyone, whether you want to get active or take it easy. If you're staying indoors, the hotel offers a games room and a snooker room where you can challenge your friends and family. If you want to make a splash, there’s a large swimming pool, together with a spa bath, sauna and steam room. For guests that like to stay in shape, there’s also a gym that is fully equipped with everything you need for a good work out.
Step outside and there’s even more to enjoy. The grounds offer a pleasant setting for a gentle stroll, but if you're feeling a little more energetic you can always hit the tennis courts. If you’re visiting with kids, then there’s a full programme of events during the holidays to keep them busy – there are even evening sessions so that mum and dad can enjoy a quiet meal together.
If you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, the hotel’s spa facilities offer the perfect escape. There’s a wide range of therapies, beauty treatments and massages you can order, so there’s no reason your holiday in the borders can’t include the luxury feel of a spa break.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Dining Room enjoys the best of Scotland – not just hearty dishes made with local, seasonal produce, but also a view of some of the country’s most beautiful scenery. In keeping with the grandeur of the rest of the hotel, the dining area offers an elegant setting for breakfast and dinner, with original cornicing and traditional furnishings.
You can also enjoy the view from either of the two comfortable guest lounges, which serve an all-day menu of snacks and sandwiches. Meanwhile, the Cocktail Bar offers an intimate but informal setting to relax with a drink in the evening, whether a choice from the range of beers and wines on offer, or a selection from the wide variety of whiskies.
Breakfast: 7.45am – 9.30am (8.30am – 10am Saturday & Sunday)
Lunch: Lounge menu served 10am – 6pm
Dinner: 6pm – 8.30pm
Features at a glance
- Traditional resort hotel
- Victorian décor and original features
- Extensive leisure facilities
- Family-friendly hotel
- Large swimming pool, sauna & steam room
- Games room with snooker, pool and table football
- All weather tennis courts and giant chess
- Well-equipped spacious gym
- Ideal for outdoor activity breaks
- Walking, cycling and horse-riding available
- Large, elegant Dining Room restaurant
- Comfortable lounge areas overlooking the grounds
- Comfortable Cocktail Bar
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Ample free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- For disabled access rooms, please contact us to check details and availability.
- To book family rooms or deluxe rooms, please get in touch with our customer service team.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome at the hotel.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“As the name suggests, the Hydro dates back to a time when people would visit to feel the benefit of therapeutic waters. Today, it's a traditional leisure resort hotel, full of historic charm and packed with things to do for guests young and old. With everything from a games room and a large pool to tennis courts and kids’ clubs, it's a family-friendly hotel that’s ideal for long weekends and leisure breaks in Scotland.”