Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
A part of the Macdonald Aviemore Resort, the Highlands Hotel is a stylish four-star hotel in the Scottish Highlands with a wealth of enticing activities right on the doorstep. The resort is situated in the Cairngorms National Park and is surrounded by forests, making it an ideal setting for the best of adventure holidays in Scotland.
Perfect for romantic getaways and family holidays, the highlands hotel offers direct access to the Spey Valley Leisure & Spa, with its state-of-the-art fitness facilities and luxurious beauty treatments – while the resort offers a wealth of dining options, activities and attractions, from a 3D cinema to luxury shopping and championship golf course. Come during the colder months, and you’ll find three of Scotland’s best skiing and snowboarding destinations on your doorstep, while there are water sports, climbing, mountain biking and more to enjoy during the summer.
Whatever time of year you visit, the Macdonald hotel Aviemore offers a Scottish retreat, perfect for highland spa breaks and adventure outdoor holidays.
Find the best hotel offer for the Highland Hotel at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort >
Where is the Highlands Hotel?
Macdonald Aviemore Resort
The Macdonald hotel Aviemore is just off the A9 and is only a hundred metres from the town’s train station and bus services. The nearest airport is in Inverness, around 25 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Aviemore?
• Cairngorms National Park – Offers a wealth of activities for outdoors people, whether on the mountain, down in the valley, on the golf course or on your bike. There is something for everyone.
• Skiing & Snowboarding – Three of Scotland’s five ski centres are in the area – at Glenshee, Cairngorm Mountain and The Lecht.
• White-water Rafting – There are a variety of companies offering rafting on sections of the River Spey and River Findhorn
• Climb a mountain - Ben Macdui is the UK’s second highest peak, and Cairn Gorm is not far behind – both at well over 4000ft.
• Whisky tours – this is malt whisky country, with a wide selection of the world’s finest single malts distilled within a few miles.
What is there to do at the resort?
The resort is packed with activities for the whole family. The Leisure Club & Spa has a 25m lagoon pool with giant flume, as well as a 3-story soft play maze, an amazing 3D cinema and Teen Zone Arcade, to keep kids (and parents) of all ages busy.
Keep the kids entertained at the resort’s Aviemore Activity Centre, Scotland’s largest supervised activity centre. A £600k Investment was made to create this state of the art centre that spans over 1500sqm, with dedicated play areas for every age. With everything from gaming areas to music mixing and even a sensory room for children (and adults) needing some zen, the whole family is catered for.
Head outdoors and there’s even more to do – with mountain bike hire, super jumper, dry ski slope and climbing wall all available onsite. There’s a state-of-the-art Technogym if you’re ready for adventure, but if you’d rather get pampered, the Sensuous Spa offers a wide range of relaxing spa and beauty treatments.
For golfers, the resort is home to the Spey Valley Championship Golf course, voted one of the best in Scotland, with the country’s longest hole – a par 5 measured at 635 yards.
From family holidays, to spa breaks, to golf breaks, the Macdonald Aviemore Resort is the perfect place for a great short break.
Where is there to eat & drink at the resort?
Within the resort, there are seven different restaurants, cafés and bars, catering to every taste and budget. The Aspects Restaurant & Bar is the resort’s signature establishment, open for hearty Scottish breakfasts and a la carte dining in the evening, while Giovanni’s Italian Restaurant offers a taste of the Mediterranean. For the carnivores, the Scottish Steak Club offers mouth-watering, locally-reared meat, while the Spey Valley Carvery is open for breakfast and lunch during peak season.
There is an on-site Costa Coffee for hot drinks and snacks, and the Spey Valley Sports Bar is ideal for a drink or a bite to eat while watching the big match. And, as a visit to Speyside wouldn’t be complete without sampling a dram, the Laggan Whisky Bar has a wide selection of local malt whiskies.
Features at a glance
• 151 well-appointed, spacious rooms
• Complementary luxury toiletries
• Tea & coffee making facilities
• Direct access to luxury spa offering relaxing beauty treatments
• Part of an extensive resort
• 3D cinema showing latest releases
• Ideal golf break hotel for Spey Valley Championship course
• Ample free parking spaces available
• Within a few steps of resort shopping centre
• Free Wi-Fi powered by the cloud
• 24 hour room service
• Four different restaurants on site
• Sports Bar, Whisky Bar and Costa Coffee
What else do I need to know?
• Check-in after 4pm and check-out by 11am.
• Fully accessible to wheelchair users – please call easy-breaks on 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check details and availability.
• Service dogs are welcome, but pets are not allowed.
“Staying at the Macdonald Aviemore Resort means having everything you could want in a break right on your doorstep. Restaurants, bars, leisure facilities, kids’ activities – it’s got the lot. And, because it’s right in the heart of the Cairngorms, it’s perfect for anyone wanting an adventure break, whether mountain biking or climbing, skiing or snowboarding.”
**Sauna is temporarily out of order**