Just booked an extra day at this hotel and was not disappointed. Our room was overlooking the gardens at the front and was lovely and clean. Food was very good too as were the staff, particularly Manuel who was a fantastic asset to the hotel. He made everyone feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble....
Why stay at The Craiglynne Hotel?
This Victorian Granite building is situated in the shadow of the Cairngorms, right in the heart of the Spey Valley. With such a beautiful location, relaxing during your stay is inevitable. Grantown-on-Spey is near. There is a lot to do in Grantown-on-Spey, for families, couples and groups alike, with Inverness, Elgin, Nairn, Aviemore, The Cairngorm Mountain Funicular Railway, Strathspey Steam Railway and the Malt Whisky Trail all nearby. The Cairngorms and surrounding areas are home a variety of wildlife and for those who enjoy walking, there are plenty of trails and hill walks to follow. Other outdoor activities nearby include quad biking, archery, clay pigeon shooting, fishing and gorge walking.
- Set in own grounds
- Stunning views over the Cairngorms
- Close to River Spey, excellent for Salmon fishing
- Craggan Outdoors
- Winner of Highlands & islands “Best Visitor Attraction” in 2012, the centre offers one of the largest ranges of outdoor activities in Scotland.
- Anagach Woods
- Enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this pleasant forest walk and keep your eye out for red deer and squirrels.
- The Speyside Centre
- Visit the centre’s exhibition and art gallery and then purchase a souvenir from the gift shop!
- Grantown Museum
- Learn about how Grantown was built and how the town has evolved over the years
- Check in:3pm
- Check out: 11am
- On site parking
- Guest lift
- Pets welcome, £10 per night charge
- Children welcome
BARS & RESTAURANT
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Cots and extra beds if you need them
- Extra z-bed available
- Room service
- En suite facilities
- 14 miles from Aviemore railway station
- Adjacent to bus stop
- 33 miles from Inverness airport
I have previously slated this hotel in a review. This was booked on behalf of my parents who quite like the hotel. Mainly because of the area and location. This will be their 5th, at least, visit. I thought I better explain my previous review which I mentions our reluctance to ever stay here again. Based on the fact that my parents keep coming back I will give it 3s only because the fields need filling and I can't speak on behalf of my parents....
Myself and the my wife are having a bit of a disagreement here, she wants to give it 1 across the board, I want to be slightly more generous, but she is making a good case. Lets list the faults, the room was not very clean, dark and dingy, bare wires hanging our of towel rail, black gunge round the seals of the shower due to lack of cleaning. The main light was covered in dust and webs reducing its light. The back was coming off the wardrobe and the plinth was missing from the front giving a vie......
All staff without exception were polite, friendly, helpful and courteous. Food was plentiful and excellent. The service in the dining room was friendly and attentive. The room was lovely and the lounge areas in the hotel were very bright and airy with a very calm and relaxing ambience. Nature reserve and mountain bike trails right across the road from hotel. ...