Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Entertainment Break - Ceilidh Weekend
Ceilidh entertainment on Saturday night
Immerse yourself in the grand country vibe of the 18th century Duke of Gordon Hotel for an exceptional stay in Kingussie. Located right at the heart of the Scottish Highlands, the hotel is perfectly placed for anyone hoping to soak up some beautiful, unspoilt scenery. From the Duke of Gordon, you'll be able to enjoy views of the lush Spey Valley and the fascinating 18th century Ruthven Barracks, built after the Jacobite uprising.
With biking and hiking routes starting right on the hotel's doorstep, there are plenty of ways to explore. Set aside some time to acquaint yourself with the glorious sights of the Cairngorms National Park and if you're a wildlife fan, the wetlands of the Insh Marshes National Nature Reserve are also well worth a visit.
The hotel is an excellent choice for keen golfers, thanks to the plethora of courses that can be found nearby. Enjoy the view as you take on the challenges of the local 18 hole courses on offer in Kingussie, Newtonmore, Boat of Garten, Grantown-on-Spey and at the Spey Valley Championship and experience a golf break like no other.
Be sure to plan a meal at the hotel's stately Balmoral Restaurant and if you choose your night wisely, you may even find yourself piped to your seat by a musician in full Highland dress. Choose from a varied and satisfying menu, perfectly accompanied by a select wine list. After dining, take a seat in the cosy lounge area, find a spot by the fire or sample a whisky or two at the bar. When the night draws in, you can head to your beautifully decorated bedroom and look forward to a comfortable sleep and another lovely morning in Inverness-shire.
Where is Duke of Gordon Hotel?
Newtonmore Road, Kingussie PH21 1HE
To reach the hotel by car, travel north from Perth on the main A9 towards Inverness then take the second marked exit to Kingussie, turn left at the bottom of the slip road into Kingussie to find the hotel on the right hand side. The hotel is also served by Kingussie railway station, which is only 75 yards from the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in Inverness-shire?
- Cairngorm National Park – Soak up the amazing atmosphere and wonderful sights in this astounding 1,400 square mile park.
- Iona Art Gallery – Within the park, you’ll find this utterly charming gallery, which features the work of many local and national artists.
- Insh Marshes National Nature Reserve – Pay a visit to one of the most important wetlands in Europe and enjoy a walk through one of its flourishing nature trails.
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival: August – A varied and vibrant collection of musical acts including indie, rock, dance, celtic, celtic rock and blues.
- Highland Games: July – Witness the annual festivities at this fine competition that’s been going since 1822. Expect dancing, music and caber-tossing at this annual celebration of Scottish traditional sports and arts.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Visit the grand yet incredibly welcoming Balmoral Restaurant. Serving the best in Scottish fare, the restaurant also features heavily corniced ceilings and Peddie murals depicting Scottish Highland history and local scenes of great natural beauty, making it a truly unique spot from which to enjoy your dinner. What’s more, on select nights diners are piped to their tables by a piper donned in full Highland dress – an experience to be remembered forever.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30
Lunch: Bar Menu 12:00 – 20:00
Dinner: 18:30 – 20:30
Features at a glance
- 75 lovingly furnished bedrooms
- Boasting a fabulous countryside location
- Dine in the stately Balmoral Restaurant
- 24-hour front desk available
- Indulge in a drink from the well-stocked bar
- Explore the beauty of the Cairngorms
- Enjoy walking in the hotel’s lovely garden
- Packed lunches available for day trips
- Free Wi-Fi available throughout
- Free parking available on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 16:00, check out by 11:00
- The hotel offers several rooms adapted to suit disabled guests – contact us to check details and availability.
- Choose from a selection of elegant bedrooms with great facilities.
- Pets are not permitted but service animals will be welcomed.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Once an 18th century inn, the Duke of Gordon is now a luxurious and welcoming hotel, ideal for anyone planning a countryside stay in Kingussie. The stunning scenery, views of Spey Valley and number of beautiful walks and hiking trails available from the hotel ensure it's a perfect choice for romantic weekend break in Scotland and anyone hoping to experience a little Highland charm during their stay should certainly enquire about the special dining nights, when a traditional piper plays the guests to their seats in the Balmoral Restaurant.”