A bottle of wine in your room on arrival
Simply Bed and Breakfast
Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
Breakfast & Dinner
Wine and Dine
A bottle of wine with dinner on the first evening
Breakfast & Dinner
Ideally located in the very heart of Scotland, the Highlander Hotel offers an exceptional stay in the stunning surroundings of the Spey Valley. As well and being ideal for anyone wishing to explore the stunning Scottish countryside, the hotel also offers a fantastic, tranquil atmosphere perfect for guests who're looking to escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Within walking distance of the incomparable Cairngorms National Park, the hotel is perfect for guests hoping to explore some of the area's stunning countryside. Cyclists will enjoy testing their mettle at Laggan Wolftrax, a35km single track that offers a fantastic variety of views along the way. Alternatively, pay a visit to Dalwhinnie or Tomatin distilleries for a real taste of Scotland or head into the centre of Newtonmore for a peaceful stroll around this delightful village.
Meanwhile, golfers are well catered for with three local golf courses to choose from. The closest is the lovely Newtonmore Golf Club, which follows the natural contours of the riverbank and flood plain and offers a satisfying walk though parkland as well as plenty of challenges for seasoned golfers. If you're visiting during the winter months, you might even want to try your hand at skiing or snowboarding in the surrounding mountains.
When hunger strikes, pull up a seat in the large yet welcoming hotel restaurant, where you'll find a varied menu and excellent selection of drinks waiting for you. Boasting attentive service, a full range of Scottish dishes and plenty of fresh, local ingredients, the restaurant well deserves its good reputation. Alternatively, plan an evening of relaxation in the lounge, where you can sample some fine malt whiskies, or look forward to taking it easy in your charming, ensuite bedroom.
Where is the Highlander Hotel?
Kingussie Road, Newtonmore, Inverness-Shire, United Kingdom, PH20 1AY
Drive via the A9, switching to the A89 or A86 when approaching Newtonmore. The hotel is also very easy to reach via train and is less than a mile and a half from the Newtonmore train station. Those travelling long-distance, may connect at Inverness, which is 45 miles away.
What’s worth visiting in Inverness-Shire?
- Cairngorms National Park – You'll find this fabulous, national treasure on the hotel's doorstep – perfect for exploring and ripe with picnic stops and utterly inspiring views.
- Malt Whisky Trail – Acquaint yourself with some of the area's finest watering holes and most memorable drinks by following the Malt Whisky Trail – and trying a few samples along the way.
- Laggan Wolftrax– If you're a keen cyclist, you'll love taking your bike out for a ride around this scenic, all year round, 35km single track.
- Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival: August – A wonderful collection of musical acts – including indie, rock, Dance, Celtic, Celtic rock and blues– set amongst stunning Highland scenery.
- Highland Games: July – Expect dancing, music and caber-tossing at this annual celebration of Scottish traditional sports and arts - this fine competition has been going since 1822.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
Treat yourself to a truly Scottish dining experience in the Highlander's welcoming restaurant. Seating up to 160 diners, the restaurant has garnered a reputation as a purveyor of fine local ingredients, traditional dishes, friendly service and treats of all sorts. On special 'Highland Nights' guests can even sample a few particular favourites and join in popular traditional dances.
There are also plenty of fabulous drinks to be found, both in the restaurant and the lounge, including a wide selection of malt whiskies from local distilleries.
Breakfast: 07:30 – 09:30 Lunch: Available on request
Dinner: 19:30 – 20:45
Features at a glance
- 85 ensuite rooms
- A good dose of Highland Hospitality
- Dine on Scottish delicacies in the restaurant
- Look forward to relaxing in the lounge
- Sample fine malts from local distilleries
- Visit one of three nearby golf courses
- Pet friendly hotel
- Family rooms available
- Free Wi-Fi access in lounge
- Free parking available on site
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 15:00, check out by 11:00
- The hotel offers ground floor rooms adapted for guests with mobility issues – contact us to check details and availability.
- Pets are welcome, please check details before booking.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Look forward to an exceptionally warm, Scottish welcome at this charming hotel in the peaceful town of Newtonmore. Use the Highlander Hotel as your base as you explore the beautiful sights found in the north of Scotland and look forward to a weekend break in a scenic location. Admire the splendour of the Monadhliath and Grampian mountains, enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the Spey Valley and look forward to a romantic stay in an utterly enchanting spot. Friendly, welcoming and featuring plenty of modern amenities, the Highlander Hotel will make you feel right at home.”