Breakfast and dinner on one evening
Dinner On One Night
Breakfast and dinner on the first evening
Dinner On Two Nights
Breakfast and Dinner on Two Evenings
Breakfast & Dinner
1 x 25 minute spa treatment - please pre-book with hotel
Airth Castle is a truly unique luxury four-star hotel with a magnificent location in the heart of Scotland’s central belt. The castle itself dates back to the 14th century and was once owned by Robert the Bruce’s family. Today, it has been transformed – not just brought up to date, but given a real touch of luxury and standout style within, while a more modern building next door offers stunning spa and fitness facilities, as well as an adding to the range of boutique-hotel style guest rooms. With the perfect blend of setting and style, Airth Castle Hotel & Spa offers the perfect destination for romantic getaways and luxury spa breaks in Scotland.
Set outside the village of Airth on the banks of the Forth, the hotel is surrounded by 14 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland, offering a pleasant and peaceful setting for a stroll in the afternoon. While its location offers tranquillity, the hotel isn’t far from a wide range of things to see and do. Stirling and Falkirk are both close by, while Dunfermline, Glasgow and Edinburgh are all within driving distance too. As such, attractions like Stirling Castle, Linlithgow Palace and the Falkirk Wheel are yours to explore.
However, with such a stunning setting for your stay, you may not want to leave. The hotel’s faculties are second to none – and much more modern than you might expect from a place with so much history. For those that like to stay active, the hotel boasts an excellent gym with the latest kit, as well as a good-sized indoor pool. If you’d rather unwind in true luxury, the spa also includes treatment rooms for pampering treatments and relaxing therapies.
Even the restaurant and bar have been given the cutting edge treatment – not only with stunning style and design, but with wonderful food and drink inspired by the world’s most elegant and sophisticated destinations. Whether it’s a special occasion or you just want to treat yourself, Airth Castle offers the four-star luxury you can really indulge in.
Where is Airth Castle Hotel & Spa?
Airth, Stirlingshire, Scotland, FK2 8JF
The Castle is just off the A905, around a mile north of junction 3 of the M876, which leads off from junction 7 of the M9. Larbert is the closest train station, but Stirling, Falkirk Grahamston and Alloa stations are all within easy reach too. The nearest airport is in Edinburgh, which is around 30-40 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
What’s worth visiting in the Forth Valley?
- The Helix – Close to Falkirk, the Helix is a large public park development dominated by two magnificent and dynamic statues of horses’ heads, called the Kelpies.
- Falkirk Wheel – An engineering marvel on a scale that needs to be seen to be believed, the wheel lifts a whole section of canal, doing the job of hundreds of locks and bringing the Union and Forth & Clyde canals together.
- Bannockburn Battlefield – The bloody battle of 1314, which is today remembered in the Flower of Scotland, is examined and explored at a fascinating visitor centre.
- Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival: May – For a true taste of Scotland’s spirit, this whisky festival offers a vast range of 200 drams to choose from, offering the ideal afternoon for connoisseurs.
- Linlithgow Palace – Once home to Mary Queen of Scots, this well-preserved palace offers a beautiful lochside location within a public park. Ideal for a family day out.
- Stirling Highland Games: August – Bringing together the very best of traditional Scottish pursuits, these games showcase piping and dancing, as well as the ‘heavies’ and the tug o’ war.
What is there to do at the hotel?
The hotel offers a luxurious spa and leisure club, with everything you need to unwind in style. You can start your day with a quick dip in the heated swimming pool, take a long soak in the Jacuzzi or let your aches and pains ease away in the steam room – or you can simply relax on the poolside terrace with a book and a drink. If you prefer to keep active, you can shake off your stresses in the modern gym. Fully air-conditioned, it offers a range of the latest machines and equipment, with everything you need to work up a sweat.
With six sumptuous treatment rooms, the hotel also boasts the tranquil setting ideal for luxury spa breaks. There, you can enjoy a wide range of treatments and therapies, from massages and facials to beauty treatments and tanning.
Where is there to eat & drink at the hotel?
The hotel’s Grill Room restaurant draws upon the famed grill room restaurants of London for inspiration. As such, both the cuisine and the decoration offer something that is at once traditional and cutting edge, with fresh twists and touches on classic style. The conservatory dining area is open and airy, yet also comfortable and elegant, while the menu is a showcase of some of the best produce Scotland can offer – from carefully aged beef and fresh fish to seasonal, local vegetables. It all benefits from a state-of-the-art kitchen that boasts an Inka Grill – an innovation imported from Spain, which grills at a high heat for beautifully prepared dishes.
Meanwhile, the Cocktail & Piano Bar provides sophistication and relaxation in equal measure, with stylish furnishings and décor providing a chic setting for a classy cocktail or smooth single malt.
Breakfast: 7am – 9.30am
Lunch: 12noon – 4pm
Dinner: 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Features at a glance
- Award-winning luxury four-star hotel in central Scotland
- 14th century castle given 21st century makeover
- Category A Listed building
- 128 beautifully designed guest rooms and suites
- Tranquil yet easy to reach location
- Sophisticated style throughout
- Ideal for romantic breaks and special occasions
- Stylish Grill Room restaurant
- Elegant and sophisticated Cocktail & Piano Bar
- Spa & Leisure club with swimming pool
- Jacuzzi, steam room and pool terrace
- Well equipped modern gym
- Six tranquil spa treatment rooms
- Ideal destination for luxury spa breaks
- Dog-friendly hotel
- Free guest parking
What else do I need to know?
- Check in after 3pm, check out by 11am.
- Dogs are welcome at the hotel, charged at £10 per night.
- Disabled access rooms available – please contact us to check details and availability.
- To make a booking for family rooms or suites, please get in touch with our team.
- To contact easy-breaks.com call 08430 55 44 33 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“There are lots of hotels with character and history – but not many can boast their very own ghosts (according to a list of Scotland’s most haunted hotels). Then again, as a 14th century castle given a 21st century makeover, even spooky spirits shouldn’t be enough to put guests off. It’s a beautiful building, made all the better by some truly modern design. In short, it's a perfect hotel for special occasions and romantic breaks.”